Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

dispute with mxguy1286

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2012, 08:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by mxguy1286
I have also yet to see where you installed these cams and where you had a issue installing them and where you had pictures of them not sitting and sending them to me. You making a huge stink over a third party buyer and a fourth party installer when you never actually checked this out for your self.........clearly im not the only one that finds the fact that you are complaining about this asinine.
Howell bought new BF 272 cams direct from buschur racing and they dropped right in.. while your cams were deformed to the point they could not be used or installed..

how in the world do you think you're not in the wrong here for selling a product that does not operate or do what it is intended to do?

if selling something that does not operate or function properly you should be listing in the ad "SOLD AS IS" or warn the buyer that the cams may not function as they are intended to..

Instead you went about it as.. they were cleaned up at a machine shop and are good to go..
Old Sep 1, 2012, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Up for sale is a set of buschur racing bf272 I was given for a payment for work I did for someone. The cams are in good shape. They have a few small score marks on the journals that I took pictures of. You can barley feel them with your finger nail. I was told these cams have "several" thousand miles but I do not know the exact miles on them. 400$ shipped I feel is fair deal.
*BEST OFFER MAKE THEM GONE, STILL HERE!!*
The above quote is from mxguy1286's for sale ad. I have no bias for any parties involved.

I feel as though mxguy1286 had no idea since he did not run just like tscompusa did not run them in his own car. This is just one of those buyer beware situations unfortunately since neither seller knew of the issues with the cams. I don't think it was meant to be a scam. Used parts are sold as is and do not come with a warranty.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was Pissed about the whole situation, Karl told me that Tom paid $357 (I think that is what he said) so it did make me mad that tom told me he paid $375, but I wouldn't of had a problem with him making some money off it IF THEY FIT. The fact of the matter they do not fit at all! Tom refunded me as soon as he saw the pics of where the issue was. I did talk to Karl first hand, and sent him pics of the issue he was saying that my mech (ase certified/Evo owner/built several Evo engines) wasn't installing them right. When the true bf 272s cam in they dropped rightin the way they should have.

This was the second set of incorrect cams I had received. First delta cams sent me kelford DSM cams, then received these... I was pissed off at the world. Felt like Tom lied to me about how much he paid, we talk and found that it was around the $375 he had told me, he refunded me the full $400 I paid. I feel as though Tom worked with me the way I exspect a good vendor... Actually better, seeing as though he refunded me before he even received the junk cams back.

Last edited by howell; Sep 1, 2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 08:57 PM
Former Sponsor

It may not have intended to be a scam.. but it is now a scam and fraudulent after the seller now knows the cams do not function and is not willing to return funds..

Make it right and we can go our own ways.. I would have no problem if it was a "sold as is" type deal.. but these were clearly advertised as being a functional good set of cams..

otherwise no one would be interested most likely.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Funny how you dont mention the guy you sold these to being pissed that there was scores in the cams that you did not tell him about. If I need to I can just bring up the text of the screen shot of you two in aim talking about how they are in good shape. Your customer was pissed that you sold him scored cams and didnt want them.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Ya it was Transaction Amount: -$357.00 USD Not 375.

Bottom line is you sold cams that cant be used and did not mention or even hint that they may not work.. and they do not work so give me my money back and ill give you your cams back..

whats so hard about this? its common sense.. you sell something that does not work you refund the customer and get the product back.. you don't go around selling things that do not work and scam people out of their hard earned $.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
The fact you will not do the right thing .. its going to kill you business wise greatly.

I would NEVER IN MY LIFE.. do this to someone during a business transaction. that is what separates you from me.. I am very successful in the business world, where as someone like you will always be sketchy if you do not make situations like this right.
Your implications in regards to his unsuccessfulness are great. There is nothing "sketchy" about this.

The customer was clearly pissed that you didn't tell him about the scores in the cams and the fact that you lied about how much you paid for them.

The cams don't just "fit" right in. They're a big cam so you need to put the caps on and slowly tighten them in an even fashion.

Unless you get the cams and install them yourself and find they don't fit, you have no standing ground, and this is all stupid.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Funny how you dont mention the guy you sold these to being pissed that there was scores in the cams that you did not tell him about. If I need to I can just bring up the text of the screen shot of you two in aim talking about how they are in good shape. Your customer was pissed that you sold him scored cams and didnt want them.
do you live in a different world or something? i showed him the for sale ad im almost positive on that.

you still don't get it do you? You are the bad guy here.. you sold me cams that do not work..

you listed them as in good shape so that's how i sold them.. this is a joke right?

do you think i would buy your cams for my own personal evo if i knew they were damaged to the point they were not functional? how would i go about testing the cams if they don't operate? wow.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Let me say it again because people seem to be brain dead here..

I was sold cams that were advertised as working and functional.. I sold them to my customer and they turn out to be not functional and not working..

IF they were working we wouldn't be having this bull**** conversation right now.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
Ya it was Transaction Amount: -$357.00 USD Not 375.

Bottom line is you sold cams that cant be used and did not mention or even hint that they may not work.. and they do not work so give me my money back and ill give you your cams back..

whats so hard about this? its common sense.. you sell something that does not work you refund the customer and get the product back.. you don't go around selling things that do not work and scam people out of their hard earned $.
You have yet to install these. I am not taking the word of a third party buyer with a fourth party installer that I did not sell the cams to! You put these cams in a evo8 cylinder head with no rockers and show me they dont fit and we can talk about a return.

Originally Posted by Blue91lx
Your implications in regards to his unsuccessfulness are great. There is nothing "sketchy" about this.

The customer was clearly pissed that you didn't tell him about the scores in the cams and the fact that you lied about how much you paid for them.

The cams don't just "fit" right in. They're a big cam so you need to put the caps on and slowly tighten them in an even fashion.

Unless you get the cams and install them yourself and find they don't fit, you have no standing ground, and this is all stupid.
Word son
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i am not getting involved here BUT here is how it should work

if i read the F/S add correctly Mxguy1286 bought these cams to use but never did. he bought them being told they were good cams.

then sold them to Tscompusa. which sold them? or gave them? to Howell. Howell then noticed these cams were worthless. so Tscompusa being the responsible guy refunds Howell the money and then TScompusa contacts Mxguy to resolve the issue. Mxguy claims they were good but how does he know this if he didnt use them. SO Mxguy you should do the responsible thing and refund TScompusa his money and you then should go after the guy you bought these cams from. dont go screwing people over. do the right thing.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
i am not getting involved here BUT here is how it should work

if i read the F/S add correctly Mxguy1286 bought these cams to use but never did. he bought them being told they were good cams.

then sold them to Tscompusa. which sold them? or gave them? to Howell. Howell then noticed these cams were worthless. so Tscompusa being the responsible guy refunds Howell the money and then TScompusa contacts Mxguy to resolve the issue. Mxguy claims they were good but how does he know this if he didnt use them. SO Mxguy you should do the responsible thing and refund TScompusa his money and you then should go after the guy you bought these cams from. dont go screwing people over. do the right thing.

If you read the emails I literally lifted these cams out of a evo8 cylinder head my self! I know they fit in that head so.....why wouldnt they fit another?
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If you read the emails I literally lifted these cams out of a evo8 cylinder head my self! I know they fit simple as that head so.....why wouldnt they fit another?
where they actually used by you??? or just removed by you. maybe they were in wrong when you took them out if you personally never had them turning in a head.

if thats the case just give him the money back and go after the guy you bought them from.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Who cares about the scores if they don't even fit in the journals.

Even the customer has said that. What did the machine shop do to make sure that they were "good to go"?

I can't even believe that you bought from this guy Tom. You two have had history in the past I thought would be enough to leave a bad taste in your mouth. I got one just from reading and making a few of my own comments in past threads involving him. I know that I would never buy/sell from him or any that I find affiliated.

An item that was said to work should work. Buying used parts is not buyer beware or be screwed. If it does not work as advertised then money should be refunded bottom line.

I won't make any other comments because it is useless. I hope that all parties get refunded. Take the cams back to the person that you received them from as payment for your work and get money mxguy1286. Instead of trying to pawn them off on someone else and act like it is out of your hands.

Originally Posted by Blue91lx
Originally Posted by howell
When the true bf 272s cam in they dropped right in the way they should have.
I am obviously not involved in this and will not post in here again. Comments? Please shoot me a PM.

I hate these shady threads.

Last edited by mt057; Sep 1, 2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
They came out of an Evo, the part numbers were double checked, they had the journals polished and were sold.

Tom, you saying they won't fit carries no weight unless you get the cams and install them yourself.

It is obvious that Howell didn't like the scoring and is using 'they don't fit' as a way to get his money back to partially pay for his new set of BF272s that he probably purchased due to the scoring on the journals.

Quick Reply: dispute with mxguy1286