Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

dispute with mxguy1286

Old Sep 1, 2012, 05:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
dispute with mxguy1286

original for sale thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...-ems-v1-2.html

I purchased BF 272 from this guy because i was going to do a cam shootout test between these, kelford 272, and GSC S3. My one customer needed cams, and i suggested I would sell him these BF 272 i purchased from another member on the forum that i was going to test, but decided not to due to not having the time to do the back to back test 2 separate times. Instead i am doing a test with kelford 272 and gsc s3 only because the kelford are already in the engine.

Long story short.. I sold the cams to my customer, shipped them.. upon install, they noticed the one cam would not line up.. infact it didnt even take the same bolt as the OEM bolt for the cam angle sensor trigger plate.

Upon further inspection we see the cams are destroyed to the point they cant be fixed.. I contacted this guy and he made every excuse in the book regarding that he did nothing wrong.. even tried to blame it on shipping.. ya ok.. that part got damaged in shipping? i think not.. what a joke. either way i am out $375 now + shipping fees.

Id advise no one to make any kind of transaction with this person without 100% detailed proof of what hes selling is in functional and working condition.

I will also have my customer i sold them to respond in this thread as well for further proof and information regarding this incident.

I gave the guy a chance to make it right .. he did not. i opened a paypal dispute and then escalated it to a claim, and well paypal is not doing anything about it so now im making it public.

WHat do you guys think? He thinks because i sent them to my customer before opening them its no longer between me and him.. the cams are damaged.. my customer bought brand new BF 272 direct from buschur racing and they dropped right in!

Here is the picture of the damage:

From what i understand this is not repairable.. or is it?

Last edited by tscompusa; Sep 1, 2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: bad title name
Old Sep 1, 2012, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The worst part was they wouldn't even fit into the head. The "collar" is too close to the head of the cam. In the one still shot u can see that it is not touching any thing except the side of te head (where the head should fit between the collar and the head of the cam). Also the cams are hollow, which I have never heard of race cams being hollow.

O

Old Sep 1, 2012, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
... WTF haha

Last edited by 5LEEPERISAH23I; Sep 1, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t...26FCB867C1.mp4
Old Sep 1, 2012, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Old Sep 1, 2012, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 5LEEPERISAH23I
keep in mind mxguy1286 blew up his head or something along them lines n probably noticed his cams went bad when pulling the head off n decided to sell them
Yeah, good call. You know nothing about the situation so don't bother posting here.

Karl is one of the only guys in this industry that I'd actually trust. He didn't 'scam' you.

He had listed minor scoring in his original for sale ad. I'm sure he'll come in here and defend himself but I heard about everything already and it infuriated me.

Mr. Tom, you didn't think it was a good idea to unbox the item you bought from Karl before you lied to your customer about how much you paid and sold them for more?

This gets me so angry. No one was scammed. Quit your *****ing.

Last edited by Blue91lx; Sep 1, 2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 08:29 PM

Should be pretty easy to find out if they are bf272's. Call Dave on Tuesday, I'm sure he can ID the cams by the part numbers engraved on them. My buddy has the BF272's and they came with a bolt in the cam from Dave for the cam sensor trigger.

Last edited by fp-green-95tsi; Sep 1, 2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

A. funny how this thread didnt pop up until paypal decided to side in my favor.

B. You did not at any time approach this correct in any way when your customer that you sold these to had a problem. Before speaking with me about any issues you have you decided to put the case is dispute before even working things out with me.

C. Part numbers are a match for buschur racing cams.

D. You never told this guy these cams had scores and have text messages from him stating this.

I really dont care to argue with a a KID with a two year old mentality. Last time you were proved wrong I thought you were going to cry my car makes 630whp blah bla blah, oh wait no it doesnt it makes 480 or whatever on a real dyno at 36 psi

here are the emails between us take it as it is because I dont care to fight with you about this. You have to read from the bottom up and will break into a second post
Old Sep 1, 2012, 08:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Blue91lx
Yeah, good call. You know nothing about the situation so shh.

Karl is one of the only guys in this industry that I'd actually trust. He didn't 'scam' you.

He had listed minor scoring in his original for sale ad. I'm sure he'll come in here and defend himself but I heard about everything already and it infuriated me.

Mr. Tom, you didn't think it was a good idea to unbox the item you bought from Karl before you lied to your customer about how much you paid and sold them for more?

This gets me so angry. No one was scammed. Quit your *****ing.
I did not lie to my customer what I paid.. He has all the logs on his iphone of exactly what I said. I said $400 initially.. I sent KP $375.. wow 25 dollars.. really? Ask my customer how fast i refunded him after i found out the cams did not function? before he even shipped them back he was refunded ASAP. I told my customer exactly what I paid later after telling him $400 as well before he even sent funds for the cams.

No one was scammed? why don't the cams work then as advertised? How was no one scammed? the cams don't even sit in the head properly.. if this isn't a scam then what is?

Example:
Let me sell you an iphone listed as a broken screen but still functional, "awesome iphone" then when you get the iphone it does not power on or work at all.. the initial advertisement may say the screen is is broken and indeed it was when received, but the phone itself does not operate.. this is called a fraudulent transaction. it indeed does fall in as a scam / fraudulent transaction.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:14 PM
To: tscompusa@gmail.com
Subject: Re: cams

Tom,
I pulled these cams out of a engine. A engine that had run and was working properly with these cams in it until the owner decided to not check his oil and ran his car low on oil and spun a bearing. They worked. I then had them polished and cleaned up and the machine shop said they were good to use.

-----Original Message-----
To: mxguy1286 <mxguy1286@aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 7:11 pm

no if they were not functional that’s no good. you cant sell a set of cams that don’t work and not list it..
the exhaust one install, the intake clearly is f'ed.. can it be fixed? who knows.. you tell me.

Tom,
TSCOMPTUNED.NET

Note: Please do not remove any previous email history
when responding to this email

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:09 PM

I sold them exactly as I stated in my ad. A set of bf272s with scratches in the cam journals.

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 7:05 pm

ok then you sold me a damaged intake cam.. its not my fault man.

box was not damaged so no way there was shipping damage.

Tom,
TSCOMPTUNED.NET

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:02 PM

Tom,
No, once again the part numbers on the cams match to Qty-1 bf 272 intake cam and Qty-1 bf272 exhaust cam. look at my for sale ad. I had no other cams sitting around at the time.

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 6:59 pm

not sure what hes talking about.. I guess the side that goes into the cam gear.
make sure you don’t have the intake exhaust for the cam at your house and you
didn’t send me a wrong intake cam by accident.

Tom,
TSCOMPTUNED.NET

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:50 PM

How can it not fit into a cam gear? Is the cam damaged or something from shipping?

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 6:48 pm

sounds like intake cams not for a evo.. it doesn’t even fit into the cam gear

Tom,
TSCOMPTUNED.NET

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:38 PM

Ok well I dont know what to say. I sold what I told you I sold you. There is no doubt about that, they were bf272 with small scratches. I fail to see how its my problem past this.

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 6:33 pm

there entire convo from hrs ago.. until now. so you know.

Tom,
TSCOMPTUNED.NET

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:30 PM

Tom,
Thats why im saying I dont know what could be wrong here but it was NOT me. The part numbers are buschur 272 cams. Beyond that its beyond me why they dont fit.

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 6:28 pm

don’t care about scratch we care about them not working in the damn evo! they are supposed to be evo bf 272 cams .. I think its odd that the cam bolt didn’t even thread in.. that tells me they are probably not even evo cams.

if you pulled them out of a evo and they are the same cams then I have no idea.. how can you install a intake cam wrong? I don’t get it.. you just lay the cam in.. im confused.. I don’t think the guys retarded.

Tom,
TSCOMPTUNED.NET

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:26 PM

Any they should work just fine. When I took them out of the car they obviously worked. If I didnt check the part numbers before hand and sold the cams not knowing what they were I would gladly refund the payment and take them back. Thats just not the case. The part number show they are the cams That I sold you. The scratches that I told you about are there. They had no other issues leaving me.

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 6:22 pm

all I know is he cant get he intake one on it wont fit in the head.. hes not about to try and force it in if it don’t fit. I don’t care if they were machined or not what I care about is they need to work in the evo 8.

Tom,
TSCOMPTUNED.NET

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:20 PM

Tom,
I dont know why he cant install them! All I know is that they came out of a car that spun a bearing like I told you. Had the cam journals polished. Machine shop says they checked out ok and good to go. Now why they wont fit is beyond me. They are buschur part numbers. Beyond that
1. he dont know what hes doing
2. Some how one got messed up in shipping?

those are my only ideas.

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 6:17 pm

then why cant he install them! im not saying you're a scammer im saying he can not install them.. they do not fit the evo man.

his numbers ask him.. they just got the cams today and they tried to install and they don’t fit.. the intake cam will not fit.

Tom,
TSCOMPTUNED.NET

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:15 PM

tom,
If they were not evo cams I would not have sold them as evo cams....im not a scammer for crying out loud.

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 6:13 pm

He's installed cams before. he said he installed his bf 272 in his evo.. he also said they look nothing like his.. but I said that’s cause they change revisions all the time.. but the fact the intake cam wont fit is a problem.. youre gonna get the cams back im not paying for cams I cant even sell or use! I was gonna test them in my car but then figured no.. I am just doing kelford vs s3 comparison now because I got lazy.

seriously if they are not EVO cams and you sold them to me as EVO cams I want my $ back and I will get it back. I been on paypal for 12 years now. I am in extremely good terms with paypal.

Tom,
TSCOMPTUNED.NET

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:10 PM

Thats not my fault. I sold you bf272s in the exact stated condition that was stated in my ad with nothing hid. The kid must not know what hes doing. This is not my fault.

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 6:08 pm

Then why cant he install them?????? if he could install them we wouldn’t be having this conversation. the guy said the intake cam wont fit .. I didn’t even check them myself, I straight up opened box seen them wrapped in cloth then closed box and they sat a few weeks then sold to another guy.. he's trying to install he's saying they wont install..

now im like wtf?

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:06 PM

Tom,
Check the part numbers. The part number match bf272s! digging up the messages from buschur now.

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 6:03 pm

The guy cant install them in his evo he said the cam sensor bolt isnt even the same thread size on the cams. the intake cam doesn’t even fit in a evo head.

this is what the guy said that was trying to install them.

Tom

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:01 PM

Tom,
No way, the part numbers checked out with buschur as his bf272s. This was a personal friend, someone I was with yesterday. Send the part numbers on the cams to buschur and see what he says.

Karl-

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 4:52 pm
Subject: cams

Hey I sold those cams to someone else and they said they don’t fit in the evo.
the guy that is installing them for his friend has bf 272 himself also in his own car.

is it possible that customer ripped you off gave you dsm cams?

Tom

Evolving Member

He knew they were used and had some marks on them. I even told him you put wd40 on them before selling and wrapped in a rag.

Don’t sell cams as functional when they clearly aren't.

you think you did no wrong when all I did was attempt to give the cams to my customer and he cant even get them installed so its my fault? if the product was right to begin with we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Moral of this.. don’t sell cams as "good" when they cant even be installed or used.. suck it up and realize you were sold a ****ty set of cams by your customer.

im not responding to further emails because im to busy right now.. just don’t sit there and think you did no wrong.. we wouldn’t be having this dispute if the cams were drop in friendly.. he doesn’t give a **** about scores.. he cares that they cant even fit in the car!

Tom,
TSCOMPTUNED.NET

Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 10:51 AM

tom,
Going about this in a more professional manner would have netter different results. Once again you cant handle your self. If you would have just simply emailed me asking what was up yada yada and that you were having problems installing them insted of throwing out accusations that I sold you dsm cams or damaged cams and everything else you have tried listing I would have worked with you on this. But no you just decided to dispute it then write me a angry email. You sir are something else. I would have been willing to work with you on this but nope you went about it in a sneaky dirty manner and I cant stand that. i sold you exactly what I told you I sold you, bf272 with matching part numbers with scores in the cams. your customer got upset when A. you never told him about the scores, and B, lied to him about what you paid for the cams. Poor way to do business. Me on the other hand stated everything up front about what I knew about the cams. Ever think your customer was just upset about the scores and really just didnt want them?.....

Karl-

Sent: Thu, Aug 9, 2012 10:42 am

I didn’t sell the cams to him.. he didn’t even pay me yet.

you don’t sell cams that are damaged to the point they cant even be ran in the car or installed period
without mentioning something regarding "they are not useable"

instead you said " they are functional, machine shop said they were good blah blah blah"

bad move on your behalf, now paypal will decide whos right or wrong.

this is the last email I send in regards to this.

Tom,
TSCOMPTUNED.NET

Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 10:35 AM

No they were not. You sold cams to someone else whithout telling them they were scored. Poor move on your part. I have the messages from you to him saying they were good to go..

Sent: Thu, Aug 9, 2012 10:08 am

im escalating the dispute since the cams are clearly damaged to the point I cant even sell them at this point I guess.

Tom,
TSCOMPTUNED.NET

Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 7:54 AM

Tom,
After talking with who you sold the cams to it sounds to me like they are not wanting the cams after you did not tell him about the scores in the cams. He said you never told him about them. the video he sent me is with the rockers in and when the rockers in you cant lay a intake cam flat in the head as the rockers touch the lobes and hold it up off the head. Not my fault you sold cams to him without telling him there was scores in the cams.

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 11:07 pm

just sent that to him ill let you know.

Tom,
TSCOMPTUNED.NET

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 11:05 PM

Also has he tried bolting the intake cam down with no rockers? These cams are very big and need to have the lifters bled of oil when installing them. I could imagine the valves hitting and keeping the cam from bolting down.

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 7:39 pm

ok they will email the pics. ill talk to you later. hopefully we can figure this out.

Tom,
TSCOMPTUNED.NET

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:38 PM

Tom,
I really need to go to bed as I was up for work today at 345am and I do not get cell service at home. Email me the pictures.

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 7:36 pm

lol I wouldn’t even do that now and im half out of it. I gave him your email. they said they will get pics for you. and he has your cell also so they will call maybe to explain.

Tom,
TSCOMPTUNED.NET

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:34 PM

Take pictures of this and email them to me. Show me how they do not fit. It sounds like the kid is not doing something right. maybe the dowel is not lined up and hes trying to bolt the cam down and pushing a valve into a piston or soemthing.

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 7:27 pm

no communication issue.. hes relaying to my customer and relaying to me.. and im going on no sleep 48hrs so if im talking retarded then that’s my excuse.. but based on what he said it wont go into the cam gear?

EvoHowell: He texted me back. Here is his textOn the cam gear end of the intake cam, the cam will not fit into the cam journal. The collars that are machined onto the cam are too close and jam up. I will show u so u can understand and explain better.
EvoHowell: That was in response to my question of "Size wise is it that they are too long or too big of a diameter"

Tom,
TSCOMPTUNED.NET

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:24 PM

first its the cam wont fit into the head, now its the cam wont fit into the cam gear. Sounds like this person does not know what hes doing. Install error or having a brain fart is not my problem.

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 7:19 pm

according to him the part that goes into the cam gear is not working.. if it can be fixed we should both pay half/half machine shop to fix the cam IF it can be fixed.. if it cant be fixed I have no choice but to try to dispute it fully.. otherwise im screwed.

Tom,
TSCOMPTUNED.NET

Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
I did not lie to my customer what I paid.. He has all the logs on his iphone of exactly what I said. I said $400 initially.. I sent KP $375.. wow 25 dollars.. really? Ask my customer how fast i refunded him after i found out the cams did not function? before he even shipped them back he was refunded ASAP. I told my customer exactly what I paid later after telling him $400 as well before he even sent funds for the cams.

No one was scammed? why don't the cams work then as advertised? How was no one scammed? the cams don't even sit in the head properly.. if this isn't a scam then what is?

Example:
Let me sell you an iphone listed as a broken screen but still functional, "awesome iphone" then when you get the iphone it does not power on or work at all.. the initial advertisement may say the screen is is broken and indeed it was when received, but the phone itself does not operate.. this is called a fraudulent transaction. it indeed does fall in as a scam / fraudulent transaction.
That.

Last edited by Blue91lx; Sep 1, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 08:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mxguy1286
A. funny how this thread didnt pop up until paypal decided to side in my favor.

B. You did not at any time approach this correct in any way when your customer that you sold these to had a problem. Before speaking with me about any issues you have you decided to put the case is dispute before even working things out with me.

C. Part numbers are a match for buschur racing cams.

D. You never told this guy these cams had scores and have text messages from him stating this.

I really dont care to argue with a a KID with a two year old mentality. Last time you were proved wrong I thought you were going to cry my car makes 630whp blah bla blah, oh wait no it doesnt it makes 480 or whatever on a real dyno at 36 psi

here are the emails between us take it as it is because I dont care to fight with you about this. You have to read from the bottom up and will break into a second post
I don't care if the part numbers match or not.. your cams do not fit in an evo head and they were advertised as EVO cams and of course working condition.. you even quoted yourself "AWESOME CAMS!"

The reason i didnt post this until now is because, if paypal was going to do the right thing.. which they did not.. i wouldn't have said anything at all and kept it quiet.. but now that im officially screwed im going to make sure people know.

The only person here wrong is you.. dont sell stuff that is deformed to the point it cant be even installed or used and sell them as working..

why didnt your for sale ad state they were machined but may not work at all? no where did you state they may not work at all.. and turns out they do not work AT ALL..

The fact you will not do the right thing .. its going to kill you business wise greatly.

I would NEVER IN MY LIFE.. do this to someone during a business transaction. that is what separates you from me.. I am very successful in the business world, where as someone like you will always be sketchy if you do not make situations like this right.

The customer is always right, and you flat out scammed me (the customer).
Old Sep 1, 2012, 08:48 PM
Former Sponsor

I should also note Karl only wanted $330 shipped for the cams.. I sent him $357 to be nice because i felt like he was selling a nice set of cams for a really good price.. Now look where that got me.

Last edited by tscompusa; Sep 2, 2012 at 12:07 AM. Reason: price correction
Old Sep 1, 2012, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

I have also yet to see where you installed these cams and where you had a issue installing them and where you had pictures of them not sitting and sending them to me. You making a huge stink over a third party buyer and a fourth party installer when you never actually checked this out for your self.........clearly im not the only one that finds the fact that you are complaining about this asinine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dispute with mxguy1286