Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

***Watch our for humbled8.!!***

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow I would really like to get in touch with a mod a sticky needs to be made asap. You guys are so blind on paypal its almost painful to read. I got scammed real young and now as a big paypal seller I try to keep up on all the ways people can scam you. The ways and numbers are insane how easy it is as buy or seller. Even I from time to time get scammed on ebay from people who have found yet another loop hole in the rules.

If a mod would like to get in touch I would take some of my time to make a good sticky to share a ton of good advice on how to keep from beings scammed. My spellings or grammer anit the best yall hear but I do know a lot about PayPal. Now please stay with me I'm going to tell you a lot of stuff you dont want to hear I'm sure but its pretty close to fact.

Let me start by saying he has a very good chance of winning these claims. I really does pain me to read how bad you have fallen into the mud. Let me start off spelling is gunna be crap so please I'm just trying to help.

PayPal and eBay might as well be married. Anything on ebay you buy with paypal you are 99% covered. When you buy off ebay your percentage of coverage id ball park about 20-30%. The reason for this is ebay and paypal both get kickers from eachother that how they can offer such good protection in my past sometimes a little too good from a sellers stand point.

The problem you have is paypal doesnt really cover you on item not as described off ebay. If this was bought on ebay it would be 100% covered. If he sent it sig confirmed or you said through paypal you gotten the package reguardless of content DONE. I could buy a motor from you and you could literally ship me bricks or a slab of metal and if I bought of ebay how I could get my money back are very limited.

Small claims court is going to be a waste of time. You need real proof and you dont have any. Because it would be just as easy for him to say he sent you and your making up what you got. It happens just as much as not getting what you paid for.

Cops they cant help you 99% of the time. Because of the reason I gave for small claims court is pretty much the same reason for the cops. Recourse for police as far as legal action is just to great for them to risk. What I mean is lets say they go over and try to talk him. And because it falls into he said she said there is no real proof for them to really do anything.

Federal court this is one of the biggest wastes of time you could do. Federal court is so cut and dry it is almost painful. These types of things are gobs and gobs of grey. You need COLD HARD FACTS for federal court which all of you have none. It doesnt matter if he scamed 1 or million if there arnt hard facts between the million he will win everytime.

I give you this doom and gloom with a GOLDEN NUGGET for you to get your money back with about a 90% success rate.

See what paypal will do for you. I really dont think you have much of a case for paypal I dont really know all the facts of what you guys got and whats happening but doesnt hurt to try with paypal. But heres what id suggest while you do you paypal claim

Get in touch with your bank that gave paypal the money. And ask to open a "charge back". This is a very serious thing. I trust that you guys are telling the truth but just a FYI if you are lying about this opening a charge back under false info is a felony. That said its pretty cut and dry. Most banks will cover you. BoA and Chase both are really good about it. Wells fargo isnt that great. What a charge back is= is the bank pulling the money back from paypal. This is something you will need to turn over what info you have as far as what you bought and what you got. They will make you sign a doc stating that what info you have givin them is the truth and as said you have about a 90% chance of getting your money back. This process will take a good 2-3 months to complete and your bank does keep a file of how many charge backs you do so I would try to stay safer with what you buy from here on out.

Best of wishes to you guys get your money back and wash your hands of this whole deal. Learn and move on its the best advice I can give you. Keep us updated
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boostin Perform
Very shaddy!! He has never bought anything from us, so there's nothing we could vouch for.
That's crazy man this guy is very good at lying.

Good luck to everyone who got robbed by him
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
"PayPal and eBay might as well be married."

Close. eBay bought PayPal in 2002.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

They did what I ment by married is they are still 2 different companies. Ebay could close your account and your paypal could still be active and via versa. And they both rule differently in cases. However when both are used with eachother its very hard to get scammed from the buyers stand point.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:45 AM

Update, he refunded my money on Thursday or Friday of last week... Good luck to all who's in the same boat.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by DanDan1320
Update, he refunded my money on Thursday or Friday of last week... Good luck to all who's in the same boat.
Did he refund it or did Paypal decide to refund you?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:55 PM

Paypal closed my case and refunded my money after he did not reply to them or me
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Boostfarmer
Get in touch with your bank that gave paypal the money. And ask to open a "charge back". This is a very serious thing. I trust that you guys are telling the truth but just a FYI if you are lying about this opening a charge back under false info is a felony. That said its pretty cut and dry. Most banks will cover you. BoA and Chase both are really good about it. Wells fargo isnt that great. What a charge back is= is the bank pulling the money back from paypal. This is something you will need to turn over what info you have as far as what you bought and what you got. They will make you sign a doc stating that what info you have givin them is the truth and as said you have about a 90% chance of getting your money back. This process will take a good 2-3 months to complete and your bank does keep a file of how many charge backs you do so I would try to stay safer with what you buy from here on out.
Again, Close...

I filed a charge-back with Chase Saturday morning at 1am for a pair of mirrors I purchased 2 months ago, that was incomplete (didn't come with the electrical connectors as stated they would). Chase had the money in my account in 4 hours. They E-mailed me the form to sign, and told me to send back everything I was given and to keep the delivery confirmation.