Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

My dispute With Joemflsxe

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Joemflsxe
I made it perfectly clear what was required, he didn't pull through and things got complicated. Now the car is back on the market and I have a few people seriously interested that seem to have their act together. I'm not doing any business with Mike at this point and have no reason for further contact, the paypal deposit HE demanded he pay is processing... if you got a problem Mike file a dispute.
I filed a dispute last night. The payment cleared days ago.
I am done as well.... Just send me the deposit back.
You agreed to the terms first, but then decided that wouldn't work so I tried to accommodate you.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, watched my fair share of soap operas today on this forums. Hope everything works out for the both of you.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

I was interested in this car until I saw this post, and wow it looks real ugly! Sorry but I may just stay away from this car and keep looking.

I bought an evo few years ago in FL, flew down to port st lucie, FL and gave the guy a certified bank check, signed and notarized a bill of sale/terms. Once payment cleared, shipping co picked up car, dropped it in NJ, waited 2-3 weeks later I got the title. Done....

Last edited by jdmdc2r01; Nov 16, 2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jdmdc2r01
I was interested in this car until I saw this post, and wow it looks real ugly! Sorry but I may just stay away from this car and keep looking.

I bought an evo few years ago in FL, flew down to port st lucie, FL and gave the guy a certified bank check, signed and notarized a bill of sale/terms. Once payment cleared, shipping co picked up car, dropped it in NJ, 2-3 weeks later I got the title. Done....
Good, serious buyers only.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow.. Can't believe the lack of communication. I live in South Korea and purchased an evo from a member in Florida last month. It had a lien on it. My bank sent two checks. One to the bank for his payoff amount and the other to him which was the rest of the amount of the evo. His bank sent the title directly to me and he has shipped the car for me to my destination of choice. I don't see what is so hard about all of this??
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jdmdc2r01

I bought an evo few years ago in FL, flew down to port st lucie, FL and gave the guy a certified bank check, signed and notarized a bill of sale/terms. Once payment cleared, shipping co picked up car, dropped it in NJ, 2-3 weeks later I got the title. Done....
Wow, I wish this transaction would have gone like that!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tom Stout
Wow.. Can't believe the lack of communication. I live in South Korea and purchased an evo from a member in Florida last month. It had a lien on it. My bank sent two checks. One to the bank for his payoff amount and the other to him which was the rest of the amount of the evo. His bank sent the title directly to me and he has shipped the car for me to my destination of choice. I don't see what is so hard about all of this??
Exactly!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is why you go to a dealer and buy one there. No BS. Not to mention people ask way too much for evos on EvoM, even more than dealers are asking for.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Joefmlsxe posted this in his new for sale thread:
and just to be clear I never even asked for a deposit and I wouldn't expect one from serious buyers. if anyone has any question about my credibility please check out that thread and feel free to contact me with any questions you have.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All I can say is that is how it gets done. A deposit holds the car, LETS THE SELLER KNOW YOU ARE SERIOUS, and gives a few days to straighten out the details.
I asked him how much of a deposit he wanted to hold the car and he said $500.
Either way.....why would you try and keep it??

I am just warning prospective buyers to be carefull. I don't care who suggested this, things went south and it wasn't due to lack of my trying. Just return the deposit. I don't want to hear about the deposit being held up, the other day you offered to return it if I just admitted I can't get the funds.
The funds are here Joe....
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Mike sent his deposit last week Thursday evening.
I transferred it to my bank account earlier this week.

The bank account is not my primary anymore (I didn't even want a deposit since I haven't used paypal in years) so I then transferred to my current bank.
Yesterday I sent the deposit back to my bank account associated to paypal.
This takes 3-4 business days.
As soon as the funds transfer back into my account associated with paypal the refund will process.

Last edited by Joemflsxe; Nov 16, 2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol, this transaction is a joke
i'd just like to say to the seller;

You seem like a terrible person to buy from. The fact that you wont talk over the phone to someone thats about to spend 20,000$ on a car is a joke. I personally would never do business with you.

Let me ask a questioni; "If you were buying a car for 20,000$ from some random person online, wouldn't you want to speak to the person directly via phone? instead of just sending e-mails back and forth?"

If you answer "NO" You wouldn't care to speak to the person via phone, you are truly a dumb human being, and will end up getting screwed over one day because you aren't careful.

If you answered "YES" that you would like to speak to the person directly via phone, then you should completely understand the buyer and his reasons, which you clearly didnt.

As someone else mentioned, go your seperate ways.

/thread
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

For anyone thinking my credit union or I am off base read what a mod said in support of full payment up front.

Originally Posted by Nsomniac
This doesn't make any sense. In the case of a lien, all you have to do is call and get a 10 day payoff. From there you have two options. You can make the payment of the lien amount to the lending institution, and pay the rest to the seller, or do like I do most of the time which is to pay the entire amount to the lending institution. They cut a check to the seller for the remainder after the lien is covered. Either way, the car is free of the lien.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ezzey
lol, this transaction is a joke
i'd just like to say to the seller;

You seem like a terrible person to buy from. The fact that you wont talk over the phone to someone thats about to spend 20,000$ on a car is a joke. I personally would never do business with you.

Let me ask a questioni; "If you were buying a car for 20,000$ from some random person online, wouldn't you want to speak to the person directly via phone? instead of just sending e-mails back and forth?"

If you answer "NO" You wouldn't care to speak to the person via phone, you are truly a dumb human being, and will end up getting screwed over one day because you aren't careful.

If you answered "YES" that you would like to speak to the person directly via phone, then you should completely understand the buyer and his reasons, which you clearly didnt.

As someone else mentioned, go your seperate ways.

/thread
I never refused to speak on the phone, we had several conversations. Communication ended when he could not fulfill my credit unions request. I did not want to deal with him after he became difficult. There was communication daily, sorry I am at work and not free to take care of personal calls/divert attention until after 5-6pm? any email was responded to within minutes or I acknowledged I would call him as soon as I was free that DAY. It's not like I left someone hanging, he became annoying and got ignored! Read the email logs, it's all right there what we needed from him and he wanted to argue, buy someone elses Evo if you don't like it.

Anyone that wants to talk about seriously buying the car can call anytime, what I will not do is be pestered when I'm working by someone that isn't a serious buyer. He had seven days to make it work and at the end was still refusing! Then an apology comes and hes willing to work with me finally. It was too late!

Everyone can say what they want, I've been in close communication with my credit union and loan officers and I will take their advice over random posters on the internet.

At the end of the day, I'm simply trying to sell my car in a legitimate way, all of this BS is completely pointless. If you don't like the terms move on.

Last edited by Joemflsxe; Nov 16, 2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I see. Seemed like you didnt speak all that much to previous buyer via phone, my misunderstanding.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:16 PM

I'm still interested in this car.

I'll be in Florida on vacation in a few weeks, I might have to stop by and take a look at it.

Quick Reply: My dispute With Joemflsxe