Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Lowjonathan is trying to scam me!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi all

i am buyer for his cat. whatever it is, i am relieved i did the right thing when the seller ask me to send payment as gift.
which i declined.

USDM or JDM spec doesnt matter to me.

That all i got to say, i got no interest in story telling or threatening people around.

The seller account disabled?

he has got back his item intact and Paypal fully refunded me after thorough investigation.

Paypal (thumb up)
Old Dec 24, 2012, 04:23 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by beetle_orange
Well what a turn of events that your account is disabled?
It looks like his account is temporarily disabled because he recently listed a part for sale in the market place that gave him some points. It looks like he already had some infractions, so he had enough points to give him a short ban.

It happens.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lowjonathan
hi all

i am buyer for his cat. whatever it is, i am relieved i did the right thing when the seller ask me to send payment as gift.
which i declined.

USDM or JDM spec doesnt matter to me.

That all i got to say, i got no interest in story telling or threatening people around.

The seller account disabled?

he has got back his item intact and Paypal fully refunded me after thorough investigation.

Paypal (thumb up)

Might as well tell your side of the story. I for one am kinda curious if this is a case of buyers remorse or what. I'm also a bit curious as to what you told paypal, as it seems OP fulfilled his obligation completely.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The buyer fulfilled his obligation. He sent you the part that YOU agreed on buying and sent it to your paypal destination as agreed upon. Paypal has no business dealing with the 3rd party shipping to asia.

Lowjonathon needs to put his correct place of residence as his location. I'm sure if the OP knew you were in Singapore, that he wouldn't have tried selling you these items.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:17 AM

hi all

thank you for your interest in this matter. As paypal has refunded and seller has got back his item in his orginal cond.
i am very relieved i have paid 3% pp fee if not it will be bad...

my shipper at oregon is just doing his job rejecting this item. i am sure many of us is a buyer at some point
defintely needed buyer protection.

come on guys, let move on...happy buying and selling

dont forget 3% pp fee

Last edited by lowjonathan; Dec 25, 2012 at 04:23 AM.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Hello all, I'm back! Didn't read the for sale rules so I got temporarily banned! Lol. Just goes to show, always read all the rules, even for a 10yr member like me.

Anyhows, does anyone find it suspect that lowjonathan does not want to explain himself at all?

I gave everyone the full run down here at evom.

I challenge anyone to come by my home to inspect the cat and downpipe I sold to lowjonathan.

Otherwise. Merry Christmas and Like I said before, beware of this scammer.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
my shipper at oregon is just doing his job rejecting this item.
So you admit that the item arrived at the to-be-shipped-to location. Good. Truth and reconciliation are within sight.

Are you now also saying that people who sell to you must satisfy some unstated condition or conditions (involving a third party, no less) even after they successfully deliver a part to you? After all, whatever issue your "shipper" had with the item clearly didn't stop the original shipper from getting it to Oregon or your "shipper" from getting it back to the seller. I would love to hear more about why your "shipper" rejected the item.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

hi all

thank you for your interest in this matter. As paypal has refunded and seller has got back his item in his orginal cond.
i am very relieved i have paid 3% pp fee if not it will be bad...

my shipper at oregon is just doing his job rejecting this item. i am sure many of us is a buyer at some point
defintely needed buyer protection.

come on guys, let move on...happy buying and selling

dont forget 3% pp fee
Interesting. So you really won't tell your side of the story.

Something does not exactly smell right with this here.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
So you admit that the item arrived at the to-be-shipped-to location. Good. Truth and reconciliation are within sight.

Are you now also saying that people who sell to you must satisfy some unstated condition or conditions (involving a third party, no less) even after they successfully deliver a part to you? After all, whatever issue your "shipper" had with the item clearly didn't stop the original shipper from getting it to Oregon or your "shipper" from getting it back to the seller. I would love to hear more about why your "shipper" rejected the item.

+1 I've never encountered such a thing before and I've been selling many a part on forums and ebay for a great number of years now.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've spoken to both sides and this might as well be dropped. The seller has the part back. Both sides are out shipping. Nothing is going to change.

Buyers: if a seller gets the part to the verified PayPal location, it is in your hands. It is not the seller's problem if you want to reship the part and YOUR shipper won't do it for some reason (e.g., you can't ship internationally when there's a scent of gasoline). Your only valid reason to return the part, once it got to you, is if it isn't what you ordered (either in terms of item or condition). Yeah, you can probably run to mommy ... I mean PayPal ... and force the seller to take it back and eat his shipping cost, but that's not right in my book. If they got the part to your verified location and it's what you ordered, you own it.

Sellers: all you can learn from this fiasco is that PayPal is not YOUR pal; it's the buyer's pal.

I'll let you, Dear Readers, decode from the above how I feel about this one.

ps. I've asked that the thread be locked; this is done

Last edited by Iowa999; Dec 25, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:28 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
it will be locked and lowjonathan's location will changed to singapore so everybody will be aware.