Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

boostedx11 BUYER BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2013, 03:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa999
Wait. You're saying that he has already refunded your $20?

If he's a scammer, he's not doing it right.
PayPal refunded me, not him. But he didn't fight it. He had a chance to respond back tell me what happened on his side and still send the part but he decided to agree and let me get a refund and win the case and not fight it. At that point I didn't even need an excuse just my $

Last edited by Voltexed; Mar 23, 2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
OK, since my ninja-edit failed, I guess I'll respond.

As you now seem to agree, this wasn't a case of scamming. (And I have to add here that not telling us that you already had your money back was a tad, er, dishonest.) It was your use of the label "scammer" that set me off. That, plus the relatively mindless "yeah, man, $1 is as bad as $100" posts that also seemed to jump to the conclusion of actual scamming based on hugely insufficient evidence.

To me, the difference between scamming and being a lousy seller (with lousy communication, etc) is rather important. When someone has been shown to be a scammer, you don't do business with them, period, and you might even go so far as to try to get them kicked off websites or even prosecuted. But when someone has only been shown to be a lousy seller, the appropriate response is quite different. You might still do business with them, but add layers of protection that you wouldn't otherwise. You don't try to get them kicked off websites and you don't try to get them tossed in jail.

Yes, some of the above might come across as a bit of a strawman because you never asked that he be banned or jailed. And I apologize for that implication (but won't go back and fix it because I'm a lazy jerk). But the basic point stands. There are real scammers out there and the label should be reserved for them. If you had simply made the justified post of "hey, folks, this guy has lousy communication skills, so heads-up" then I would have stayed out of it. Yeah, inside my head I would have also said "hey, Iowa (because I really do call myself that when in a car-related context ... at least until Dr. Sig and I can eradicate this irrational mental process), you might want to be careful about selling stuff to Voltexed because he might change the conditions of a deal after an e-handshake has been made," but I would have left such thoughts unsaid or untyped.

TL;DR: don't hyperbolize by using too strong of a label. It makes you look bad and it actually hurts everyone by diluting the meaning of the stronger label.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 03:41 PM

When I posted this I didn't have a refund nor have I yet as it's pending still.
No I don't agree he is not a scammer. Point being I'm not going to let it reach that level. He had ample time respond and didnt so I will take action. If you all have rules about calling people a "scammer" please let me know. I disagree to wait over 9 days for a simple message on something I've already paid on

Point being I didn't give him a chance to be a scammer. I called bs after 9 days of no messages back and multiple messages to him and him obviously signing in and reading them.

Feel free to change "scammer"if you like.

Last edited by Voltexed; Mar 23, 2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Here's my last comment on this (since everyone has, by now, made up their minds, such that continued discussion can only make both of us look sillier than we already do).

People have been sued for libel for calling someone else a "scammer" for an internet deal gone bad for reasons that did not involve dishonesty (i.e., fraud). Now, I can't cite one such case that was eventually successful, so feel free to ignore this point, but keep in mind that such suits are often thrown out when the person suing for libel fails to provide a prima facie case for damages, which is a requisite of such suits. In other words, my raising this issue might appear to be a complete red herring, because I don't see any way for him to demonstrate that you have actually injured him with your label of "scammer." Luckily, that isn't my point. My point is that, if you look around the web, you will find many examples where the label of "scammer" for "lousy seller" was rejected as being hyperbolic. So, with regard to your semi-rhetorical If you all have rules about calling people a 'scammer' please let me know I can tell you that relevant social data already exist to address this question without getting a highly biased new sample from EvoM.

TL;DR: I submit that calling someone a "scammer" for being a lousy seller has already been established as hyperbole
Old Mar 23, 2013, 04:21 PM

I get your point. I shouldn't have called him I scammer. I should have just posted buyer beware or some other sort of warning. Since I didn't give him a full chance to scam me And i filed a claim after 9 days of no communication i can't/shouldn't call him one.

Title Fixed ;-)

Last edited by Voltexed; Mar 23, 2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Totally cool. Thanks and respect.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 08:59 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
this was all over unpaid delivery confirmation on a $20 dollar item
Old Mar 27, 2013, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by ikt
this was all over unpaid delivery confirmation on a $20 dollar item
Shut up and drop it. Shady is shady. $20 or $2,000. If I didn't file a claim you wouldn't have refunded or sent the part.

You know what's funny. 3 days ago almost the same scenario happened to me. A guy sent me $20 for a part I had posted for $20. Never even asked about PayPal or shipping fees. When I asked him about it he said its my responsibility to cover both of those.

Did I become an ******* like you and never respond? No I offered him to either pay shipping or I would refund him. I ended up refunding him on my own. Not waiting 9 days for him to eventually file a claim and be forced to or my account gets locked up with $ in it and I can't sell anymore of my parts.

Point being you gave me an option, I accepted to send more $ without any issue as I understood I forgot to add that. Then you didn't message or send the part I paid for because I was bit*hing? Lol I asked for a simple thing that I forgot to ask initially.

PayPal has refunded me finally as of yesterday. Get over it and learn to communicate and not be an ****ole if someone forgets to ask for a simple thing. Especially a simple thing that would cover my *** and prove the part was really shipped and received. Both very shady on your part since you didn't send nor want to do signature confirmation
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Voltexed
Shut up and drop it. Shady is shady. $20 or $2,000. If I didn't file a claim you wouldn't have refunded or sent the part.
Are you really telling the seller to "shut up"? (I'm inferring this from the "you" in the second sentence.)

Can you really see into the future (or parallel universe) and know what would have happened if you hadn't filed a claim? If so, can you please verify that I would not have been happier with Tracey than the woman I married. I occasional wonder about this. I'll even pay $20 (plus whatever is needed for signature delivery), assuming that I like the answer.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:51 PM

Yes i am.

Your not worth responding to. Keep sticking up for the dead beats who screw people over. When/if this happens to me again I won't post anything don't worry. And they can keep doing it to others since you wanna play mr.cop and try to defend people.

Yes I was wrong and you both are right. Now you fellas enjoy the win and knowing you won the battle :-)

Please delete this thread and his. Since your such a great mod who defends him. Do your job and delete them and or all the posts I made. Who cares if he does it to anyone else right. We don't need to warn people.

Last edited by Voltexed; Mar 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:01 PM

THIS IS FROM BOOSTEDX11...pending sale on wideband... man you leave for a tradeshow in canada and damn look what happens. @Voltexed You were a pain in the *** so I refunded you the money. To be honest it was going out the same day, however you were then *****ing about shipping. You did not pay for shipping, paypal fees, or the delivery nor signature confirmation. That is why I refunded you your money. Not paypal.

BTW what he wrote to me above proves what? "To be honest it was going out the same day, however you were then *****ing about shipping"

That it was done on purpose because I asked for a simple thing and even offered to send extra $ to do so lol.

Your a great mod I must admit. And here's my response if you want to criticize it also

Funny I've bought tons of stuff off here and other sites and I feel the same about you. Check my feedback on all the forums I sell/buy on. I asked for one simple thing that I forgot to mention initially. You then gave me an option. I agreed to send more $ as soon as you told me how much more to add...... And you never did. That's *****ing? Work on your people skills or come up with a better lie.

So that's my fault? You could have still shipped the way you intended as well but instead you just don't communicate at all. Lol way to go. No PayPal refunded me. You just agreed so they wouldn't freeze your PayPal account and you can finish selling your parts and your money wouldn't get stuck in your account with no way of taking it out. If I didn't make a claim you know I would have never got the part or refund because I was "*****ing" asking for a simple .50-$1 add on which I agreed to send.

Funny I send multiple messages and you couldn't respond but as soon as a PayPal claim is filed you can respond through them. So please don't give anymore excuses. If you can resolve the issue over PayPal you could have resolved the issue on this website by simply answering my question or hit the REFUND button on PayPal's website. Kinda like you had to do after I filed the claim you did so. It was very easy to do wasn't it? Took a whole minute out of your life.

Either way, sorry for asking for a simple option to be added. Maybe you learned a little something from this. Especially about communication and people who actually "*****" at you

Last edited by Voltexed; Mar 27, 2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 05:02 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
I removed the last post since it has your address on it.

And I'm closing it since you got your money back.

Reading what's been written, I don't really see anything that makes me think the seller did anything malicious.