Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

FS deal gone bad

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2013, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS deal with tye1 gone bad

Here's the story...

This FS ad was listed by "tye1" and I responded. The agreed amount was immediately sent via PP (and not as a gift) on 9/13. Yes people, September 13, 2013.

I've exchanged emails and multiple text messages with the seller. Giving this person the full benefit of the doubt, I tried to reason with...Obviously, that did nothing. As of today still NO firm commitment on a ship date.

Now, I realize that people are busy and have lives, and occurrences that happen...But the bottom line is...If you sell something, receive funds, then send it with a tracking number. PLAIN AND SIMPLE...I don't want to hear that "my dog ate my homework" or any other excuses because honestly, it really isn't any of my concern or my problem(s).

I've bought many things here on this forum as well as others (same username), and those that know me know or dealt with me, know that I'm a no nonsense person. If I have an agreement on a purchase/sell, I will make sure that my end will be taken care of. I'm pretty sure, the members I've done business with in this community can speak on my behalf.

Anyway, here's the FS thread by "tye1"
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...ls-feeler.html

I just don't want any other member(s) to go through what I've experienced thius far.

I've opened a PP dispute and escalated it. At this point I don't even want the wheels anymore based on principle as I think I'm owed just that. No more, no less just the exact amount of funds for a set of evo X GSR wheels.

Lastly, from his profile he last signed on 10/17 and is also a member of evoXforums.

Just a heads up and beware if ever having to deal with this person!

Last edited by evo2k6; Oct 20, 2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That's why I never purchase anything from someone who doesn't have sufficient feedback.

I Hope everything gets sorted out for you.. Paypal is usually good with getting you your money back.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Good luck gettibg it fixed. I've seen more issues with this forum then any forum I've evwr been on.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 01:09 PM

This is a "clear cut" case with PayPal, and it doesn't surprise me that this member isn't responding to any emails OR text messages.

He's a real piece of work!
Old Oct 21, 2013, 02:55 PM

I just got the news that PayPal has resolved my case and received a full refund. My living hell is now over...Did I learn a lesson, that's a big YES.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:30 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
PM sent to seller.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 12:53 AM

I'm pretty sure he knows by now as PayPal was probably hounding him. As far as an explanation, I seriously doubt one will come from him. And if it does, I'd still take it with a grain of salt. Just my opinion.

But thanks for the support!
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:18 AM
EvoM Community Team

Need to know if we have a genuine deadbeat seller here or someone that had a curve ball thrown their way which might have been out of their control... like say a death in the family. A message from them telling you would be nice, but things like selling wheels would take a back seat to things like that.

It's all about perspective.

Not to say that's what happened here, but life is like that sometimes.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by golgo13
Need to know if we have a genuine deadbeat seller here or someone that had a curve ball thrown their way which might have been out of their control... .

I underlined the above statement for a reason because it basically describes the situation in a nutshell. I'm not going to rant on and on and attempt to make this some 20 page argument between myself and the buyer. I'm too old for that. I told the buyer the situation before hand with the wheels. Knowing the details, he moved forward with the purchase anyway. I kept him/her up to date on what was going on. If I were attempting to take advantage of the situation in any type of way, the purchaser would never have heard from me...at all! That is an actual cause for concern, not when contact is being made between the two and all I recieved was unprofessional replies? I understand it's sensative when it comes to money, believe me! But I tried to do everything I could to rush my order along with the new wheels that I have coming in so I can hurry up and send out my stock wheels. I don't have anything to gain by sitting on them. Long story short, time goes by and the new wheels are takinga lot longer than I had anticipated and now a lot more issues are coming into play from Congress since I am a DOD Employee. I stated that to the buyer and in the end agreed to repay the funds. Fast forward and a Dispute is now made against me, even though I kept in contact with the buyer and replied to his/her messages as much as I could and attempted to rectify the situation between us.
Regardless, what's done is now done. From what I understand now, the funds have been returned and that's the end of it. Again, I have a LOT on my plate at the moment and if the moderator deems it appropriate to remove me from the market, then so be it. This is the first time I have ran into an issue like this as all of my transactions in the past (whether it be here, local, or on other websites) have never had any issues. My apologies go out to the buyer since it turned out to be a less than perfect experience, but to the mods of this forum, that wasn't my intention.

Have a great day everyone.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 09:45 AM
EvoM Community Team

If both the buyer and seller would like to remove their negative iTrader rating, you can contact Speedlimit and ask for a reversal now that this issue has been resolved between both parties.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 07:27 PM

I'm done with the situation and have sent a message.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 07:43 PM
EvoM Community Team

Tye1 will also need to message Speedlimit asking to have the negative iTrader reversed.

Has to be both parties.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 04:59 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is a perfect example where if you do NOT have the product to actually ship out to a potential buyer...DO NOT post it for sale. Plain and simple.