Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

20152 VA Inspections

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 07:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
20152 VA Inspections

Hello,

I am about to get my Evo 8 registered in Loudoun County . I need to get through the inspections and was looking for suggestions or recommendations on a shop to go to.

I want to find a shop that has at least seen an Evo before so I don't have to argue that the stock Brembo's are actually stock. I don't expect it to be easy with my Bilstien PSS9 on camber plates and Buschur exhaust (with cat). But at least I want to minimize arguing about the truly stock stuff.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should be alright just about anywhere you go. My camber is aggressive, and they don't really care about after market brakes as long as your pads are still good. I have a aftermarket exhaust too and I had no issues. But "locally" talk to Moore Automotive, in Fairfax. I'm sure they can square you away.

Last edited by NousDefions; Apr 29, 2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 06:00 PM

Ya, you should be good. the Buschur cat is close to stock. Good thing your not in CA, every time I have to get a smog on my car I have to take everything off and put it back to stock. It sucks!
Old May 2, 2013, 03:11 PM

So how did it go?
Old May 2, 2013, 08:45 PM

@NousDefions - As the car was sitting in storage for a while; I am busy changing fluids, installing a new battery, and killing spiders that decided to live in there. I also decided to change the old clutch as it was tired from the last season of rallycross. I hope to get it inspected next week. We will see how the weekend goes.

I did call Moore Automotive a month or two ago to ask them if they would help me with some of the work. They didn't seem too organized with responding to me. I have only seen good things about them so I will give them a try. They have definitely seen many Evo's which is a good thing.
Old May 7, 2013, 01:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had the buschur exhaust with HFC and never had any problems passing inspection. Most places just make sure you have one.
Old May 9, 2013, 10:55 PM

I guess I was worried about nothing. I passed both inspections with no issues.

I called Moore Automotive but they actually don't do inspections there, they have a partner that does inspections if Moore is performing other services. NP I still hear good things about them and may go to them for a tune when I get any small modifications added.

I ended up at the VA Tire & Auto South Riding. I have taken my other cars there and had a decent vibe from them. Once when I brought in a loose wheel/tire with a sidewall puncture they just let me go to the young tech and pay him what I thought was fair. It was fast for me and let me know that they cared about their guys to give them 100% tips for fast work like that.

In addition to the inspection I added to the work order a request to have my front tires swapped side to side to even up some wear. So nothing to it.

Thanks for the comments and guidance.

Now for the DMV titling and registration. FUN!
Old May 15, 2013, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by detroit evo

Now for the DMV titling and registration. FUN!
Dunno if you've gone yet, but the DMV in Chantilly seems to be the fastest one in the area to go to. Just an FYI
Old May 17, 2013, 04:24 PM

Thanks for the recommendation of the Chantilly office. I actually ended up going to the Fair Oaks mall location in the late morning. My family had other business there so it worked out.

Time to put the plates on and enjoy the VA roads.
Old May 17, 2013, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad everything worked out for you! Enjoy the roads but watch out for the cops. They're everywhere!