Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Bad Area Shops

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2013, 03:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bad Area Shops

I'd like to start off here and share something I with the community. I had posted a previous thread "EVO Owners Beware of Greg Almeda and UCS PERFORMAMCE" . It has now disappeared with no rhyme or reason. This is exactly why you dont see bad posts about certain area shops. The whole point of a forum is for people to voice their opinions and share info. I would have atleast like an explination why the thread was taken down. I feel like my constitutional rights have been completely disregarded. Its sad that my original thread was taken down and is not available for others to read before taking their car to be repaired.

I just want other EVO owners to be able to see other peoples experiences before spending their hard earned money.

So I would like to start this thread to help local people to share horror stories about local shops. LETS HEAR THOSE HORROR STORIES!!!!

Last edited by RpVilleneuve; Sep 20, 2013 at 04:12 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 03:43 AM

Oh my days this is going to be one of those multiple law suits in the making threads

Think it would be better for members to ask for advice on which tuningshop to use rather than slagging off the ones not to use
Old Sep 20, 2013, 03:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
What was your bad experience?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Nickygixer-k5
Oh my days this is going to be one of those multiple law suits in the making threads

Think it would be better for members to ask for advice on which tuningshop to use rather than slagging off the ones not to use
Ok, sharing a bad experience is no grounds for a lawsuit. Go read the constitution.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
What was your bad experience?
To sum it up in a nut shell I was charged alot of money for poor quality work. To top that off the shop had my car for over a month at a time. Now my car is sitting in my driveway with a broken timing belt that was supposed to be brand new. The subject was already beat to death in another thread that seems to have dissappeared.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryan, your thread was deleted because you were drunk when you posted it originally. I did not request moderation of your thread. A supermod saw the thread and decided to purge it based on the thread's contents, not any request of mine.

I'm not going to get into all of this again, I'm simply going to state that when we replaced your timing belt I recommended doing all of the 60k components. YOU chose to have only the belts done as you planned on a build later on. Isn't it quite possible that the REUSED hydraulic tensioner failed?

You put 5k miles on the car after the belt was done. If it had been improperly tensioned, you would have had a failure much sooner than that.

Anyways, good luck to you in your future endeavors. May you get the car to where you want it.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Seems silly to skimp on a 75 dollar part that helps ensure your valves don't meet your pistons even if a full build was planned later.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by RpVilleneuve
I'd like to start off here and share something I with the community. I had posted a previous thread "EVO Owners Beware of Greg Almeda and UCS PERFORMAMCE" . It has now disappeared with no rhyme or reason. This is exactly why you dont see bad posts about certain area shops. The whole point of a forum is for people to voice their opinions and share info. I would have atleast like an explination why the thread was taken down. I feel like my constitutional rights have been completely disregarded. Its sad that my original thread was taken down and is not available for others to read before taking their car to be repaired.

I just want other EVO owners to be able to see other peoples experiences before spending their hard earned money.

So I would like to start this thread to help local people to share horror stories about local shops. LETS HEAR THOSE HORROR STORIES!!!!
Are you drunk again? Why is it necessary to relive this nonsense? Your credibility is shot. You've been caught in lies, you've made allegations without proof, you've retracted statements when you were called on the carpet....

You should be glad your other thread go removed, all it did was serve to make you look like a drunken, emotionally unstable, childish, irresponsible moron. Grow up, fix your car and move on with life.

Originally Posted by RpVilleneuve
Ok, sharing a bad experience is no grounds for a lawsuit. Go read the constitution.
Why would he care about the constitution? He lives in the UK.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:04 AM

Was going to say what's constitution
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by tuxevo
why would he care about the constitution? He lives in the uk.
lmao!!
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Freedom of speech doesn't apply to a moderated forum. Mods get to remove things as they see fit.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Don't you go to Moore Automotive now?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:41 PM

You really reused a hydraulic tensioner? Come on guy.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 02:04 PM

Man you love to embarrass yourself. Im not even going to add to this. Best of luck.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 03:12 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Hi there.

UCS Performance is not a site sponsor, therefore they are given zero special privileges on this site. All shop reviews, be it positive or negative are left in the public domain for all to see when the reviews are deemed legitimate.

This is a free forum. You agreed to follow the rules outlined here when you signed up, so in essence you agreed to waive away your rights so you could post here publically:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...uncements.html

I trashed your thread in accordance with the moderation guidelines given to me as a site volunteer.

The thread was trashed at my discretion because you openly admitted to posting (albeit while intoxicated, no less) a formal, slanderous complaint in a public forum regarding a shop that didn't drop everything and reach out to you immediately on a weekend.

Damaging a motor sucks. No one wants that sure, but expecting a shop to drop what they're doing and reach out to you on their day off is unrealistic.

I spoke with the owner of the shop and got the details regarding the work done, the manner in which your issue was handled and steps necessary to correct it.

In short, your original thread was done in an unprofessional manner that was borderline childish and self entitled in tone and scope. Since it was not an actual shop review and was littered with speculation, it was trashed.

If you are unsatisfied with the way I moderate the site, please don't hesitate to contact an Administrator and make them aware of your concerns. I'll gladly forward the original thread and the PMs from the shop owner to the site Admins for their review. I'm quite sure the outcome will be the same, however.

In the interim, please don't post any new threads regarding your issues with UCS Performance as it only serves to highlight a level of immaturity in attempts to tarnish that shops reputation.

I'm locking this thread for now unless it's deemed necessary to unlock.

Thank you for understanding, Ryan.

Also, I went ahead and dug up the rules regarding posting in the Vendor Service, Parts & Tuning Review forum, do please read them:

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
The Vendor Service, Parts & Tuning Review forum allows a factual post for both a satisfactory sales experience and unresolved dispute with a vendor. The post must be factual, first hand and if a dispute, cannot be used to bash the vendor. It must be kept to the facts of the sale. Once the post has been made, it cannot be repeated in other sections or on other days.

Moderators will try to leave such threads open until everybody with direct knowledge of the issue being addressed has had a chance to provide their version of the facts. The thread must not become a running debate on the accuracy of the “facts” and may not deteriorate into an exchange of personal attacks. Neither should it be used as an opportunity for speculation by those who do not have direct knowledge of the issue.

Once there has been the opportunity for the facts on all sides to be posted, the thread will be locked. It will remain in the database and will be available for review by those who are researching the topic, vendor or member.

Evolutionm is not in a position to monitor transactions or to determine the “true facts” in disputes. Upon request, however, the Forum will try to intervene and mediate a settlement suitable to all parties in a dispute. When issues are resolved in the matter, it will be posted to the original dispute thread so it becomes part of the searchable record. Members and vendors are reminded to review the Itrader rating of any potential buyer or seller.

All new threads in this forum are moderated and must be reviewed by a staff member before appearing in the forum. The purpose of the staff review is to limit 3rd party reviews which are not allowed and flaming comments. Simply adhere to the guidelines here and your comments will be approved as quickly as possible. Please PM any moderator if your thread has not been approved within 24 hours. Thanks.

Last edited by golgo13; Sep 20, 2013 at 03:35 PM.