Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

DC/Fairfax Area dealership recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC/Fairfax Area dealership recommendation?

I'm in the Fairfax area and work in the DC area. I have to take my EVO 9 in for the airbag recall. Are there any recommended dealerships in the area?

thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 06:38 AM

Same here! I just called Malloy Mitsubishi in Woodbridge yesterday to schedule my recall appointment. They are right off of route 1. Unfortunately, there aren't many dealers in the area. There is also one in Gaithersburg, MD that I considered going to, but I decided against it when I saw that the Woodbridge one is closer.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 12:20 PM

I thought I would let you know that I switch my appointment from Malloy Mitsubishi in Woodbridge to King Mitsubishi in Gaithersburg, MD after reading this thread.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-update-8.html

There were a few people that took there cars to King and said they had good experiences with the airbag recall service. I also felt more comfortable with the person I talked to at King because they asked a lot more questions about my car and seemed more knowledgeable about this service recall.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 07:55 AM

Thanks all, sucks that I have to go all the way to Gaithersburg for this crap. Any idea if this is an "in and out" type of thing or do you actually have to sit there and wait for more than 2 hours?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:03 PM

Pstoltz, did you do your recall at King?

Last edited by itsmeek; Oct 1, 2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
King does have a very good reputation and love for RA and EVO...
Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:41 AM

I had a horrible experience working with Malloy, they tried to convince me that I didn't want an Evo, maybe I would be happier with a Ralliart, and then asked if I would have my "husband or boyfriend or another guy" with me for my appointment.

King was helpful but unorganized and seven different people called me in 30 minutes and had no idea that anyone else had reached out to me. I have heard amazing things about their post-sales support and they do have a great love and support for the Evo and the community.

I ended up using Shirlie Slack Mitsubishi in Fredericksburg and they were amazing. I was never questioned on what I wanted, how much I knew, etc. and I only worked with two people ever and they were there for me even on their days off.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 04:07 AM

Geez, well Fredericksburg is closer to me than King so Shirlie Slack it is- who was your service rep?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by itsmeek
Geez, well Fredericksburg is closer to me than King so Shirlie Slack it is- who was your service rep?
I've never gotten service there but they are a very small, family owned dealership. Chris Casey was my salesman and I worked with Rob Nienke. They were both amazing and a pleasure to work with.

I've heard that they are the #1 service center in the district and they are a diamond rated mitsubishi dealership. I have no doubt that anyone you work with will be amazing.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 08:09 PM

Depending on where you work in DC and when you were going to drop the car off, King Mitsu in Gaithersburg would be a safe bet.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 09:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been to almost every dealership between MD and VA.

I enjoy working with the parts guys at King in Gaithersburg but the service let me down. I had a simple repair that I didn't research too much on. I took the service guy to the car to let him experience the issue. Then they kept the car for days but eventually said no issue found. 6 minutes from the dealer the issue is still there. I get home go on this forum and have the solution in 10 minutes. Plus the attitude of the service staff is basically, "I don't want to be here and will act like it"

Shirlie Slack impressed me. They lined up my parts for me before I arrived for service. They go the work done as expected. They made a slight error doing some work that wasn't needed on an Evo. (They opened up the A/C system and charged me for the freon) But the Evo doesn't need to have the system opened to do the work. I knew that after planning to do the work myself. The Service Manual doesn't state to open the system nor do people on this forum. The Service Manager talked to his team and removed the charges. And was decent about it, not pissed or grumpy.

They have a few Final Editions on the lot at Shirlie Slack. If you are in the market, definitely go to them.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
woodbridge is scary