Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

1st Nebraska EVO owners meet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
1st Nebraska EVO owners meet

Hi All,
I would have to say the 1st eva EVO meet in Nebraska was a success. It was a great time meeting all of you in person. We must definately do this more often and try and get more EVO owners from the surrounding areas, especially Lincoln, NE to attend these events. Anyone have any suggestion as to when and where we should arrange the next one? Oh yea! and those of you who had cameras, please post up the pics (email me a copy) when you get a chance .....

Suraj
Old Apr 4, 2005, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed, it was great meeting everyone! I've got pics but they're not developed yet. I forgot to bring the digital soooo... no easy posts for me. When I get them printed, I'll scan them and post.

How about wings or pizza? Those are always good for large gatherings...
Old Apr 5, 2005, 01:10 PM

Same.....still need to develop the pics but i want to get some shots of me in autox to use up the film. I agree the meet was awesome..new friends...sweet rides. It couldnt have been a better day!!! Nice meeting you all, J
Old Apr 6, 2005, 07:24 AM

Are you guys talking about the DSM meet you piggybacked on

If so, that was a great time, huge turnout for both DSM and EVOs

Do you guys know Suraj? I have a couple questions about an upcoming SCCA event.

Aarion
Old Apr 6, 2005, 07:30 AM

Scca

Duh... never mind I guess I need to open my eyes a bit more often

DWP,
Is there an SCCA event going down at MAC this weekend? If so, could you send me a link (if there is one) to a rules and regs list? Or off the top of your head, what are the safety requirements for both vehicle and driver?
Are they as strict as track rules... ie 100% H20 in rad, wired oil plug etc?
Is pre regging necessary?

Last edited by onekyoung; Apr 6, 2005 at 07:31 AM. Reason: cuz
Old Apr 6, 2005, 07:45 AM

Nice meeting you all, and I'd really like to see some pics from the event. I guess patience is a virtue. By the way, it looks like Kwik Shop has 93 octane gas, albeit with 10% ethanol. I went to the one out by Home Depot on 72nd near Military Road, and there it was, 93. You get a $.06 discount per gallon if you have a Baker's card. I think all Kwik Shops have the 93, their parent corporation (Kroger) has some arrangement with the Kansas Farm Bureau, so all their gas is an ethanol blend.

But anyhoo, I'm going to start running 10% 93 octane and see how it goes. I figure A) Ethanol blends have been around forever, so those early probs running ethanol blends is probably part of the past. 2) You can buy alcohol injection kits, which even though the m/ethanol doesn't get atomized by the fuel injectors -- it's injected into the intake path, it should still be somewhat beneficial to have a portion of my gas be ethanol, or at the very least, not harmful.

Good luck to everyone auto-x-ing on Sunday, I might be out to spectate. No auto-x for me while I'm still on winter tires.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I've tried the ethanol 93 blend. It tends not to idle well during the warmer months for me. The best solution I have used is adding a gallon of Toluene with every fillup to BP 92. That has been a really good combo for me. Very smooth and allows a little extra boost.

Good luck to all you Auto-x-ers!
Old Apr 6, 2005, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm glad you guys had a great time yeah we mooched off the DSM meet to get as many EVO owner together :P ....

onekyoung: I could probably answer most of you Auto-X questions. Yes the event will be held at Mid America Center this Sunday, 10th of April. Plan on getting there by @ least 10am. My recommendation is get there by 9am. For those of you who are 1st timers, I highly recommend that you ride with someone on the first lap through the course and walk the course. Entry fee is $30 for non-SCCA members and $20 for members. You do need a helmet that is Snell 2000 rated but if you don't have one they have plenty of spares over there. As always for safety reasons the all fluid containers in the car need to be capped to avoid spillage, but not that strict as 100% H2O in rad. Also, know your exact list of mods so that you can be placed in the appropriate class. All in all, its a great time and I highly recommend that you guys try it. I would love to see more DSMs in these events.
I'll be there between 9 and 9:30am and will be happy to let one of you ride with me on the 1st lap. Feel free to ask me any questions but I can't guarantee to answer all of them as I have only 1 year under my belt.
Wish me luck as I plan on taking 1st in A stock powa

Now, I suggest we have our next meet on May 7th ..... we can have cookout in a park or we can do BW3s? Thoughts ....
Old Apr 8, 2005, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Good luck to those who are autocrossing on Sunday at Mid-America Center! As for our previous meet at Chalco Park, I would say the event was a great success and we should have another !

Evolution MEET!
WHEN: May 7th, 2005 (SATURDAY)
TIME: 1:30 PM to apporx. 3:00 PM
WHERE: Buffalo Wild Wings
4287 S. 144th St. Omaha, NE 68137 (Meeting Place!)

OCCASION: To have our own meet!

Last edited by Ookami; Apr 8, 2005 at 01:27 PM.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 01:36 PM

Any word on the photos?
Old Apr 8, 2005, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Ya,, I was looking for this thread,,,, I would love to see the pics of the evos scanned and put up here.......... I almost went back to work to get my digi cam,, , but thought for sure at least one other person would have one.

I think the picture of the 7 evos will look great with the lake in the background. The most scenery we can get here i guess?

Hope to see it soon and catch up with all you guys and girls latter

C.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

I'll definitely bring my camera to the next meet at BW3.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry gang, haven't had time to get my pics developed yet. I am definitely going to bring the digital next time.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Hey all, what happened at the races this weekend? Anything good for the Evo crowd? It sounded like at least 2 were going to enter...
Old Apr 11, 2005, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

The ugly Subarus won the day. Here are the results: http://www.nrscca.com/results/er20050410.php

I certainly didn't do as well as I had hoped. I had my XEDE unhooked because I had screwed up the maps on Saturday. I also needed my rear sway-bar on a stiffer setting. Then, it turned out someone already has my favorite number for the season. Oh, and I couldn't use my SA2000 AGV helmet because the Snell sticker is missing or hidden really well. Excuses aside, I need to learn how to drive.

Quick Reply: 1st Nebraska EVO owners meet