Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2013, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Too much BS on the Facebook page.... I really miss the activity in this thread but I believe the core crew has moved on to bigger and better things.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bigger and better...let me tell you, the grass isn't always greener, IMO.

If turbo/AWD is your game, there isn't anything other than a GT-R after an Evo. I just don't have that kinda cash yet, still a goal though-one day...

I've enjoyed the Mustang, kinda got sucked into the value/performance equation. It's not the right tool for our climate though. Whatever performance the Mustang has on par with/over an Evo in the warm months, it more than gives up for the other 6. I just enjoy and miss an Evo more than I thought I would, a common regret I know!

Looking to get an X, hopefully sooner than later.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

Just picked up new 2013 GSR yesterday! Love it!

Celebrating by giving away 4 qts of 10W-30 Mobil One synthetic & OEM oil filter from my old Evo 8 days. First person to contact me (PM or t4upgrade@yahoo.com) & pick it up can have it.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the new purchase.... what kind of deal did you work out on that thing?

I've been looking around a new cars as well but I'm thinking about moving away from AWD. I'm looking for something that sounds fantastic and provides just enough of everything to keep a guy happy. I'm currently at a stand still between the new M4 when its release or a V8 M3.

If I can get something that sounds better, more fun to drive and aligns better with my age bracket (LOL) I think I'll be just as happy if not more.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the new purchase.... what kind of deal did you work out on that thing?

I've been looking around a new cars as well but I'm thinking about moving away from AWD. I'm looking for something that sounds fantastic and provides just enough of everything to keep a guy happy. I'm currently at a stand still between the new M4 when its release or a V8 M3.

If I can get something that sounds better, more fun to drive and aligns better with my age bracket (LOL) I think I'll be just as happy if not more.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Jeff!

Got the Evo for 36K and got 23K for the Mustang.

I thought going to the Mustang would be an upgrade from my old Evo 8 but it was more of a lateral move. Found out I'm more of a turbo/AWD guy.

I hear ya on "age bracket", but untill I get a GT-R I don't think anything can beat an Evo...for me anyway.

Tough call on the current/new M3/4. I don't think you could go wrong either way. Current V8 will probably go down in history as one of the best. Deals are probably there to be had right now too.

Easy tuning of the twin-turbo straight six will be tempting...but all the reviews of the current 3-series have me suspicious.

Maybe I'd lean towards current M3 then? That's my take anyway...
Old Oct 27, 2013, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

I want you to go over to Moss's house and force him to sell me his E92! I expect the outgoing model prices to plummet in the next year. Maybe I'll just add one to the fleet and keep my nine for track days. I don't know because like you said for performance there's no upgrade until you take out a mortgage for a GTR and I'm not sure I'm capable of fearlessly pounding a GTR on the track. I'd probably be that guy getting passed by all the EVOs!

I guess I really want a sweet sounding V8 for my daily commute and shenanigans.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

BTW .... post up a picture of the new ride! I curious if you will like it more than your eight and if you can ignore the voices telling you to mod that beast.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 05:42 AM
Evolving Member

If you can do both, that's the way to go for sure.

The current model will be a good deal, but it's hard to imagine any new model really being inferior to the one it replaces. Like I said though, can't go wrong either way. Prices with BMW's seem to be only getting more out of hand, it might be too good to pass up some of the clearance deals that will be out there.

I've still never seen Alex's M3! Or the man himself. We should try and organize a gathering some time soon.

I do miss the 5.0 "Coyote" V8 sound already. But then again, the whirr/whine of the Evo comes home to me again like truth. Really, it's like a glove-so nice to be back in an Evo again! I'll post some pics eventually.

I love the look & feel of the X. I remember reviews saying immediately how the quick steering and response of the VIII/IX was gone with the new model, but it feels every bit as quick to me...maybe that's just coming from the Mustang. That thing felt like an old wagon with a school-bus steering wheel in comparison.

I have a mod list going in my head-exhaust, intercooler piping, MHI/FP turbo, tune, coilovers. Just going to start small with Ralliarmor mud flaps and snow tires for now.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by lithe
If you can do both, that's the way to go for sure.

The current model will be a good deal, but it's hard to imagine any new model really being inferior to the one it replaces. Like I said though, can't go wrong either way. Prices with BMW's seem to be only getting more out of hand, it might be too good to pass up some of the clearance deals that will be out there.

I've still never seen Alex's M3! Or the man himself. We should try and organize a gathering some time soon.

I do miss the 5.0 "Coyote" V8 sound already. But then again, the whirr/whine of the Evo comes home to me again like truth. Really, it's like a glove-so nice to be back in an Evo again! I'll post some pics eventually.

I love the look & feel of the X. I remember reviews saying immediately how the quick steering and response of the VIII/IX was gone with the new model, but it feels every bit as quick to me...maybe that's just coming from the Mustang. That thing felt like an old wagon with a school-bus steering wheel in comparison.

I have a mod list going in my head-exhaust, intercooler piping, MHI/FP turbo, tune, coilovers. Just going to start small with Ralliarmor mud flaps and snow tires for now.
lithe, you forced me to sign into evom one time in 2013 just to say congrats...and I agree...we need a gathering soon!
Old Nov 3, 2013, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Mike!

Even down on power the Evo is so much more fun to drive than the Mustang. The Evo fits like a glove!
Old Nov 16, 2013, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

I was just thinking today .... man I love my EVO.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Nice pic!

Love the negative camber on your front left wheel.

Weather is strange lately, tried to meet a buyer to sell some of my old Mustang parts but we rescheduled due to hail/tornado threat (Chicago area).

Put my Blizzaks on a week ago and now I'm just scrubbing them off in the warm weather!
Old Nov 19, 2013, 06:54 AM

Ok, I just bought an 2014 MR. I reluctantly let go of my 96 Impala ss. Gotta say it was sad but the evo helps me to forget. AWD 2.0 turbo is a different world than what I was used to but I'm loving it. The results are similar though. Not one hour after closing the deal on the evo I got a ticket for "imprudent speed"? Wtf is imprudent speed? I'm an idiot.

Anyway, being new to this forum and the evo world, I'm excited to start learning more about these cars. I apparently didn't qualify for the facebook group as I don't think I've logged into fb since I thought it was cool and don't have any pictures of my new car on there. If anyone in the Milwaukee area needs a hand working on their car or wants to meet for beers sometime, hit me up. I'd be glad to learn more, help out and meet fellow enthusiasts.
Attached Thumbnails Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners-lt1.jpg   Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners-evomotor1.jpg   Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners-ticket1.jpg  
Old Nov 19, 2013, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats on the MR, Hos!

That gen (your 1996) was the last of the good-looking Impalas, IMO. Though the current one seems to be getting good reviews.

If you thought that break-up was bad, wait 'till you sell your Evo. I replaced my 2003 with a 2012 Mustang GT. While it wasn't bad, it just wasn't the same. Got my new 2013 GSR a couple weeks ago and it was a revelation (The air is fresher, food has more flavor...Ha!).

What do I know though, maybe you'll discover you're more of a domestic/muscle car guy. I found out the opposite.

Yeah, cops. My brother-in-law is one so I have to bite my tongue. Pull people over for "imprudent speed" and meet your quota, don't bother with drugs or guns, that won't help reduce crime.

I'm not on FB either, not cool enough.

I'd be down for hanging out/meeting up some time. A group of us used to meet at Hooters on Bluemound for wings Thursday evenings, haven't been there in quite some time though.

I have a mod plan for my car but it'll be coming along slowly...what are your plans?

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners