Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Can we get a list of stolen chicagoland Evo's?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can we get a list of stolen chicagoland Evo's?

With my Stolen car claim approaching 20 months and still no payment from ALLSTATE (the good hands company right?) i was wondering if people would chime in with the rough date and location (city should be ok) of their stolen VIII or IX Evo since mid 2009 in the Chicagoland area. The more info the better that i can get to the insurance company, im just trying to get this thing resolved...funny how they imply mine seems to be an isolated incident for this particular model car. So if i can show them that my incident is not isolated, and that a small percentage of people who own these use this forum, had them stolen, it might give me some more ammo.

Any other odd info would also help, heard they found a warehouse of evo parts somewhere in the city?
thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2011, 08:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by HiRevnVIII
With my Stolen car claim approaching 20 months and still no payment from ALLSTATE (the good hands company right?) i was wondering if people would chime in with the rough date and location (city should be ok) of their stolen VIII or IX Evo since mid 2009 in the Chicagoland area. The more info the better that i can get to the insurance company, im just trying to get this thing resolved...funny how they imply mine seems to be an isolated incident for this particular model car. So if i can show them that my incident is not isolated, and that a small percentage of people who own these use this forum, had them stolen, it might give me some more ammo.

Any other odd info would also help, heard they found a warehouse of evo parts somewhere in the city?
thanks!
I know you called and I'm looking for a database right now actually to prove to the company that there are many of these stolen.

Allstate should know this as they have customers that have had there evo's stolen for sure, send an email to a rep over there with a link to evom.

I'm also trying to get a hold of Ryan to see if he will put something in writing under his discretion but honestly, the data base and the forum and proof enough!

-Mark
Old Nov 2, 2011, 09:32 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a spreadsheet that has been maintained, I know someone turned it over to KCAT.

What did your evo look like?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
These guys got busted over the summer with a lot of stolen cars. I've heard a number of them were Evos but have no way to confirm that.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/n...,7584357.story

Last edited by Blitz; Nov 2, 2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks Mark, at this point i just need someone to call my lawyer to discuss the methods of theft that are possible with this vehicle. We are putting together a settlement package in hopes of avoiding going to court. Either way it sucks as my lawyer gets 1/3 of whatever settlement i get, so ill never get close to what the car was worth.

as far as allstate going out and looking at a database or this forum, they arent going to look at anything unless i present it to them...they are are doing the bare bones minimum, and really not even the min.

On a funny note, we just deposed their adjuster, where their lawyer cross-examined him and said that "there is no way to move the car without a key, correct?" to which the adjuster said, at my knowledge, yes. these are ALL stickshift cars! shows how much "AUTO" adjusters know...

thanks for the info guys, Mark if you can let me know when you guys will be able to give my lawyer a quick shout, that would be great, i just want to get the wheels moving a little faster than they have been going...

-Ryan
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

how do i view that file factory excel sheet? can seem to figure it out.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

What did your evo look like?
It was a red IX MR with a mostly black hood, Gunmetal BBS, apexi exhaust, and everything else pretty much stock.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
PM me your e-mail.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

awesome, thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:23 PM

"Allstate" I'm not shocked.

Well I think you know your first mistake. I can not stand that company. And Nationwide is just as bad. Sorry, I know I should have told you sooner.

I HOPE everY ONE LEARNS FROM THIS GUYS MISTAKE. PLEASE DONT USE Allstate AND Nationwide!!!

Last edited by volkevo9; Nov 2, 2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: forgot some print
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by volkevo9
Well I think you know your first mistake. I can not stand that company. And Nationwide is just as bad. Sorry, I know I should have told you sooner.

I HOPE everY ONE LEARNS FROM THIS GUYS MISTAKE. PLEASE DONT USE Allstate AND Nationwide!!!
Its like the commercial(nationwide is on your side) BuLLSh8t LOL