Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

South Suburban Mitsu Evo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
South Suburban Mitsu Evo

Just traded in my car in for an 2008 Evo X GSR GG that I found at Suburban Mitsubishi this past weekend.

It's in really clean condition and I can tell the owner took very good care of it.
It was on their lot for about 100 days so I'm sure people looking have seen it.
But I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this car.
(hoping that the original owner would be on this forum and sees this post! or anyone who's test driven it and is knowledgeable about the car)

Just mainly wanting to know what kind of maintenance was done, especially with the stock clutch that's known to wear out in 30k miles.

If anyone knows anything, it'd be much appreciated

Last edited by yoshe200; Mar 20, 2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
might want to put what the car looks like, could have come from a different dealership.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:23 AM

It's a completely stock graphite gray Evolution X GSR with SSS package.
Came with K&N panel filter, clear bra on the front, back and the sides and with all weather mats.
From the autocheck records, it looks like the person purchased it new from South Suburban Mitsubishi and trade it in there again.

I mainly am curious about the clutch - if it was replaced or not...
Anyone know if there's an easy way to tell if it was replaced and with what?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

I saw that the other day, i had to go over there for some crushed washers. It looked like the dealer had ben driving it just fyi
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:33 PM

mm interesting info... thank you do you get your Evo X serviced there?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

I got me first X from there it was an MR, they did awful work on it and i didn't go back. They recently changed ownership and the service guys all seem good. Not going to lie, doing your own oil change would be a better idea. The Evo you are talking about looked driven hard when i went down there. I would check the tires and service history. They have a ton of X's over there as well.Do you have a X already? If you need someone to check it out let me know I only live 5 mins away from there.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:41 PM

I used to have an Evo X MR but I really missed having a manual transmission so I traded it in for a GSR.
Could I ask what you saw that made you think was driven hard?
To me it looked like it was well taken care of and well maintained with the clear bras all of the place, no dents, dings or scratches.. but I'm no expert :/ I'd appreciate any advice!

Thanks for the offer to take a look but unfortunately I live in Champaign, IL which is about 2 hours away :/
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

The tires looked bald from what i could tell and the dealer plates were on the car, it was extremely dirty so couldn't tell the condition of the body work on it. Next time i go over there i will take a brief look at it
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:23 PM

I actually bought the car already this past weekend so it's no longer there I wanted to see if the owner would be on this forum or not and if there were people who knew something about this car so I posted .

But yeah you are right the tires did look bald and I inquired about that as well. They said that those were brand new tires and that the previous owner ended up trading the GSR in for a new Evo X but he wanted to keep his own tires so had them swap out the tires with the new Evo X... so those tires are brand new off of a new Evo X... I know... crazy right...?
Well I ended up doing something similar... I wasn't going to buy those balded tires so I had the dealer replace those with my old tires AND rims. So actually I have MR rims now I like the bbs rims better

I also had them wash the car so that I can inspect it closely. It has a clear bra everywhere and looked very clean.

Thank you for the offer though!
I wish I had more Evo owners in Champaign area so that I can ask them questions

Anyways next time you go to that dealer, you should see my old 2008 Evo X MR PB with GSR rims
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds great i'll have to check out your old car. Congrats on the new Evo. I hope you are enjoying it. Next time your up in this area, let me know, wil have to organize a meet