Notices
Mitsubishi i MiEV Discuss the Mitsubishi innovative Electric Vehicle. A five-door hatchback electric car.

the no. 1 green car!

Old Feb 9, 2012, 05:50 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
the no. 1 green car!

finally a much deserved recognition! the no.1 green car is the mitsubishi i-Miev. we see all the commercials of the leaf, volt, prius, etc. but the real green car is the i-Miev.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs...cid=autos_2338
Old Mar 5, 2012, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still dont know about this car. I'm not sure if the general public is ready for these little electric cars yet. The IMiev is also $30k before gov't rebates.

I hope Mitsu hasn't put to much of their company into this car. The electric cars are not selling as well as projected. I personally like the Chevy Volt over this one in the looks and size department.

They also reported on the news this morning that Chevy hasnt sold as many volts as they were projecting and has temporarily suspended producting until they can sell all the remaining ones at the dealerships.

I think the gov't is going to have to raise the gas prices another dollar or two before the mass public considers one of these. I also thought I read on the Mitsu website that the car takes almost 24 hours to charge when plugged into a regular charger. So if I go to work at 7am and get home at 5pm, the car wont be charged by the time I need to go to work again the next morning. I would also be cautious about a long trip. Does it have a regular engine back up like the Volt?

I have noticed alot of scooter and motorcycle sales again. Its hard for someone to spend $30k+ on an electric or hybrid car when gas goes up. You can get a scooter that gets 60-80 mpg for $2500. Or go get a Kawasaki Ninja 250 that gets 50-60mpg for $4500.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kendogg
I have noticed alot of scooter and motorcycle sales again. Its hard for someone to spend $30k+ on an electric or hybrid car when gas goes up. You can get a scooter that gets 60-80 mpg for $2500. Or go get a Kawasaki Ninja 250 that gets 50-60mpg for $4500.
Not to mention You look 10x cooler riding a Ninja vs i miev.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by neogeo64
Not to mention You look 10x cooler riding a Ninja vs i miev.
Yeah. That Miev is just a really tough buy IMO. Its 30k without the govt rebates starting off as well. Even a prius looks better to me. This one guy at my old job had prius and we used to rag on him all the time.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I give props for trying to go green.. but this is not going to fly in the USA. LA/ NY/SF ..in those markets they might sell a few as they have charging stations in the cities near where people work, but the rest of the Country needs longer run times and shorter charging times to work as a daily driver. In japan, these things are all over the place (look on google street view). I think Mitsubishi thinks if it works there it will work here.

It's sad that even the Dealerships (at least in my area) do not have 1 or 2 charging stations on there lot for these cars as an example. The whole marketing behind this car seems Half-A$$ed