Notices

SSP - Pro Gold DCT Fluid

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2010, 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb SSP - Pro Gold DCT Fluid

SSP Pro Gold is a high-tech transmission fluid developed from the latest base oil and additive technology. Created especially for the newer DCT transmissions, Pro Gold exceeds clutch friction and wear protection requirements for all DCT transmissions. Pro Gold fluid is a extreme performance synthetic fluid suitable for use in all DCT set ups, and is specially formulated to protect your transmission in daily driving to full Race applications.

Our Price - $ 200.00 (4 liters)

http://www.sspperformance.com/produc...er-container-/

Last edited by SSP Jeremy; Oct 20, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Hers my question, what separates it from the Pro Red fluid (other then color)? Is this better, equal? I'm trying to understand why I would want to dump my Pro Red fluid for this, or is the Pro Red Fluid still better, and this is just a cheaper and better solution for those who cant afford (or justify) buying the Pro Red fluid but are looking for something a bit better then the Diaqueen?

Thanks Jeremy!

Last edited by HR2L; Dec 9, 2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 09:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by HR2L
Hers my question, what separates it from the Pro Red fluid (other then color)? Is this better, equal? I'm trying to understand why I would want to dump my Pro Red fluid for this, or is the Pro Red Fluid still better, and this is just a cheaper and better solution for those who cant afford (or justify) buying the Pro Red fluid but are looking for something a bit better then the Diaqueen?

Thanks Jeremy!

The Pro Red is a extreme heavy duty DCT oil primarily for racing applications. Not every customer needs that extreme level of protection in there DD, so I would say the Gold is a intermediate fluid, between the Pro Red and Diaqueen. The Pro Gold is also a slightly thinner viscosity fluid which should benefit the customers in colder climates who couldn't run the Red. Pro Gold is still a Fully Synthetic gear oil, which is a huge improvement of the factory Diaqueen.

Old Dec 10, 2010, 11:09 AM

Are you selling on your website now?

Don't seem to find it anywhere on your site.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Jeremy, the service manual advises to drain and refill the SST twice when servicing. In your experience, do you feel this is necessary? If so, does your fluid eliminate that second drain and refill?
Old Dec 10, 2010, 01:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RalliX
Are you selling on your website now?

Don't seem to find it anywhere on your site.
Yes, but our website is in the process of being updated by a new host, so it's taking some time. If you are trying to order, or interested in ordering, shoot me a PM or phone call anytime. I'll be more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

Originally Posted by jkennedy293
Jeremy, the service manual advises to drain and refill the SST twice when servicing. In your experience, do you feel this is necessary? If so, does your fluid eliminate that second drain and refill?
Are you referring to the flushing of the transmission? If so....yeah, Mitsu says to do that, but I've never done it. I think of it like saying I need to flush my motor every time I switch brands of motor oil. I have 42k very hard miles on my transmission and have experience no issues to date.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SSP Jeremy
Are you referring to the flushing of the transmission? If so....yeah, Mitsu says to do that, but I've never done it. I think of it like saying I need to flush my motor every time I switch brands of motor oil. I have 42k very hard miles on my transmission and have experience no issues to date.
That's a relief. 8 Liters is expensive enough. I'd hate to have to buy 16 everytime.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 01:36 PM
Former Sponsor

That's a relief. 8 Liters is expensive enough. I'd hate to have to buy 16 everytime.

Noooo, what they are saying in the manual is to flush the trans with mineral oil before you install new fluid....not flushing with DCT fluid. In regards to the price.....yes, DCT fluid is expensive....too expensive IMO. And that's why I've spent the last year sourcing a more affordable fluid for DCT owners. It took some time, and we had to buy a incredible amount of fluid to get the price down so low...but that's what the customers wanted...so that's what I tried to give them.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Noooo, what they are saying in the manual is to flush the trans with mineral oil before you install new fluid....not flushing with DCT fluid. In regards to the price.....yes, DCT fluid is expensive....too expensive IMO. And that's why I've spent the last year sourcing a more affordable fluid for DCT owners. It took some time, and we had to buy a incredible amount of fluid to get the price down so low...but that's what the customers wanted...so that's what I tried to give them.
That makes a lot more sense, thanks.

I can tell you the RA community greatly appreciates your effort. Alot of us mod but don't track, so having a choice that performs better than the factory fluid and is priced comparatively is just great. I'll be sure to place my order with you when the time comes. Thanks for all of your efforts.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
That makes a lot more sense, thanks.

I can tell you the RA community greatly appreciates your effort. Alot of us mod but don't track, so having a choice that performs better than the factory fluid and is priced comparatively is just great. I'll be sure to place my order with you when the time comes. Thanks for all of your efforts.
You don't need to do a full quantity fill with mineral oil to do the flush either. Flush it out twice with 1.25 gallon per time, and it will be sufficient. So you only need 2.5 gallons of mineral oil to flush. You can probably do it with only 1 gallon per, but I haven't tried that yet. Next time.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 03:15 AM
Evolved Member

The Pro Red is a extreme heavy duty DCT oil primarily for racing applications. Not every customer needs that extreme level of protection in there DD, so I would say the Gold is a intermediate fluid, between the Pro Red and Diaqueen. The Pro Gold is also a slightly thinner viscosity fluid which should benefit the customers in colder climates who couldn't run the Red. Pro Gold is still a Fully Synthetic gear oil, which is a huge improvement of the factory Diaqueen.

Jeremy .. If the Pro Red is anywhere similiar to the Blue color crap .. you better pull it off ..

Please .. its not worth the trouble ..
Old Dec 13, 2010, 04:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by gunzo
Jeremy .. If the Pro Red is anywhere similiar to the Blue color crap .. you better pull it off ..

Please .. its not worth the trouble ..
I've been running the Pro Red for around 40k in my personal track car and have had zero issues. Now with that said, our Pro Red (no longer available) was simialar to Willall (Blue Color Crap as you put it) but was not the same exact fluid. Yes it was made by the same manufacture, but our proprietary blend was just that...our special mix. I'm sure Willall added there own special blend of friction modifiers which is what you seem to be having issues with. The Pro Gold is a entirely new Fluid, made by a different manufacture all together. I do appreciate your concern, and any technical information you might have I would love to have a look at. Please shoot me a PM with any relevant information you might have.

-Jeremy
Old Dec 14, 2010, 06:05 PM

I'm just curious how this fluid works in all these transmissions, I thought somewhere I read that the fluid requirements for the GTR transmission and the SST were different and that they would not be compatible with the same fluid.

Not saying that it isn't possible I picked up bad info somewhere along the line, just wondering.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

can you guys give viscosity numbers for this fluid? we know stock is ~6.5cst@190 F
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by N118GT
I'm just curious how this fluid works in all these transmissions, I thought somewhere I read that the fluid requirements for the GTR transmission and the SST were different and that they would not be compatible with the same fluid.

Not saying that it isn't possible I picked up bad info somewhere along the line, just wondering.
I'm running Pro Red in my X MR, and Pro Gold in my GT-R. I'll be switching over to the Gold in my Evo over the winter.

Originally Posted by evo542
can you guys give viscosity numbers for this fluid? we know stock is ~6.5cst@190 F

I'll post it up soon as Kris gets back in town.

Quick Reply: SSP - Pro Gold DCT Fluid