Notices

My transmission story

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My transmission story

So. When I called my local Mitsubishi dealer about the oil for my tc- sst tranny, no one knew what the hell I was talking about. After 3 days of explaining to the service manager what type of oil I need and the difference between my transmission and any other they finally got it right. But since the service manager quoted me 230.00 they had to keep that price. They also told me that my transmission does not have a filter. I had to go in the shop and show the techs and the service manager where the oil filter was located. So after all that I got a free 145.00 dollar filter, a tc- sst tranny flush for 250.00 oil INCLUDED!!! Total paid 250.00 for everything. Btw I also got a job there. The service manager was so impressed with my knowledge about Mitsubishi cars that she will hire me in few weeks when I graduate universal technical institute!!! That's my story. Mods I apologize if I may be in the wrong section, I am on my phone. Just had to post this.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm jealous of the price, but I'd be a bit sceptical that the work was done properly.

Congrats on the new job.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Regardless of the story, great job on the job. This really scares me though. I sometimes wonder how much crap gets screwed up on EVO's by the service department just thinking its another Lancer.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dboz
Regardless of the story, great job on the job. This really scares me though. I sometimes wonder how much crap gets screwed up on EVO's by the service department just thinking its another Lancer.
oh yeah, they had noooo clue, even though they sell the car on the lot. see this is why dealers suck. the salesman do not know anything.. service managers dont know anything, parts guys if you are lucky might know something, unless they have been there only for few weeks or came from another dealer...

oh yeah i know the job was done properly, because i was watching the tech like a hawk.. I told him, please come and get me when you take the filter out, i wanna see the condition of it, as well i want to see the condition of the fluid. I didnt see any metal shavings in the fluid nor at the filter.. The fluid was a bit darker color, meaning i might have gotten it hot before.. all synthetic transmission oils turn dark after you get them hot.

everything worked out like it should, but yes i was mostly watching him outside of the customers waiting area..

imagine what would happen if i didnt call back and made sure they had the right fluid.. they would have put CVT fluid in!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:26 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Honestly, they SHOULD charge you that price since they are technically learning on your car. You're basically paying them to learn. They should be doing it for free.

It amazes me that hasn't trained these techs on the SST one little bit. Unacceptable imo.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 09:43 PM

Why didn't you just change it yourself if you knew that much about it?