Notices

Not sure if this is an SST Problem

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure if this is an SST Problem

Recently, when shifting from R to D the car will almost stall out. For instance this morning after getting gas, I backed up and shifted to D, the revs dropped to almost 400 before catching itself and nearly stalled out the car. It has happened in increasing frequency over the last couple months, but nowhere near as bad as this morning. Could this be an issue with the SST, or is it some sort of electrical issue, or a MAF airflow problem? I'm not sure where to start with this one, but IIRC someone mentioned something about slipping clutches causing the SST to fall on it's face when shifting from R to D??
I think first I'll try cleaning the MAF, see if that has any impact.
Old May 14, 2012, 08:45 AM

Let me know about the MAF, mine seems to be doing that as well. I keep wanting to press the clutch down, and then realize I dont have one!
Originally Posted by sstevojr
Recently, when shifting from R to D the car will almost stall out. For instance this morning after getting gas, I backed up and shifted to D, the revs dropped to almost 400 before catching itself and nearly stalled out the car. It has happened in increasing frequency over the last couple months, but nowhere near as bad as this morning. Could this be an issue with the SST, or is it some sort of electrical issue, or a MAF airflow problem? I'm not sure where to start with this one, but IIRC someone mentioned something about slipping clutches causing the SST to fall on it's face when shifting from R to D??
I think first I'll try cleaning the MAF, see if that has any impact.
Old May 14, 2012, 03:35 PM

Not sure if it's related at all but i've noticed mine doing that when i turn the car on occasionally, before even putting it in gear. Seems that if it IS related, that would indicate something other than the sst though...