Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Autocross 101

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2005, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!! Took my car to the tech inspection for the PCA school the weekend. The guy who did it failed me!

My right front tire has a loose wheel bearing. Guess I'm going to spend my morning at the dealer getting that fixed ASAP. It must have been there all along judging by the odd tire wear I have, but I wonder why it has been missed for so long? There is not much movement, but I can feel it. Oh well.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tweekscratch
AAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!! Took my car to the tech inspection for the PCA school the weekend. The guy who did it failed me!

My right front tire has a loose wheel bearing. Guess I'm going to spend my morning at the dealer getting that fixed ASAP. It must have been there all along judging by the odd tire wear I have, but I wonder why it has been missed for so long? There is not much movement, but I can feel it. Oh well.
check to make sure that it is not something else. I had what I thought was a wheel bearing problem. It was a bearing problem, but not the wheel bearing. The top hat on the right front had play in it. When I switched to camber plates, the problem was fixed.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

The dealer inspected everything and did not find anything wrong. The tiny bit of movement was within spec and is actually present on the other wheel. One the lift the movement is not present at all.

At least I have something from the dealer saying they inspected it.

What is interesting is the dealer said if there was anything wrong bring it back and they will fix it under warranty. Stated as my car sits on a rack w/ the 3" DP and catback clearly visible. Lewisville Mitsubishi - two thumbs up.