Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Autocross Tips??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2004, 07:51 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All of the above sounds good. You have a camber kit, right? I am running -0.7 camber in the rear, and -1.5 in the front, which is as far as my "camber kit" can go. I'd like to put it at -2 up front as I still get more wear on the outside than inside. My alignment guy also suggested doing about 3/4 turn on each side for toe-out at the track then setting it back for street driving.

If anyone knows where to get camber plates for the Lancer, I'd like to do that instead of more drilling or camber kits on my Lancer. Tein doesn't make them for our car, but I plan on asking JIC if theirs would fit.

Also, be careful if you're in stock class, I don't think you're supposed to change camber beyond what the stock parts allow you to. Not sure as I don't run stock anymore
Old Jan 15, 2004, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so i have decided to park my lancer since i got into an accident (6 months ago is fixed now)and was unable to race it for a lil while. well during that time the guy i competed against (runs a 1997 hyundai tiburon) offered to let me co-drive. since i have started driving his car(manual instead of automatic like mine) i have been placing in the top 5 of our pax (average 80 entries). Placed first in pax at the last race of the season. we are going to phoenix next week for the national tour to see what we can do in a bigger pond we have also been hitting up the local hyundai dealers to see about a sponsor and we have one that looks pretty promising. urban our site (www.lvrscca.org)should have our schedule for this year maybe you can head my way. we are thinking about hitting the national tour in san diego in march.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

I run in MSCC (midwest sports car council) not SCCA most of the time... so our rules are a bit different....

I have a set of cam bolts... so that's about where my "camber kit is at" They'll get me to the adjustment I need... so not too worried.

Later.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

ahh getting ready for next season eh. maybe i should do that..so i can pull down my times a teeeeeeny bit

hey steve, what did u do with your set of OZ rims?
Old Jan 16, 2004, 12:59 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting ready? I live in California, the next season starts this weekend!!!
Old Jan 16, 2004, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

getting ready? there's ice on the ground in chicago man! we wont start for another couple of months. good luck to u tho! hope u have fun while i sit here freezing my *** off
Old Jan 16, 2004, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

yeah the last week in April is when your season starts up again.

Bob, I still have my stock rims, they are going to get fitted with Kumho Viktor Racer's this year most likely. Basically plan to run special compound this year see how I like that

The car will be pretty maxed out as far as handling by May, I'll have every last component I can put into the suspension on it (other than brake upgrades) so that should be fun .