Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

ButtonWillow - Apr 7,8 - Easter

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2007, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by S1monLM
This is the guy with the white wingless evo IX on sunday's event, nice meeting you that day. I ran 2:05 at my last session, couldnt keep up with that S2k (driven by Rob www.maxrev.net).

Good job!...Nice meeting you too.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ryan0
lets say the dude went off and whipped back across the track right into your door. would you care whos fault it was? you would be here posting about how your didnt do anything wrong while left with no car and no recourse to get it back.
I suppose we could imagine any hypothetical. If hypotheticals are your bag, then the track aint a good place to be. Anything can happen and it sometimes does. Good drivers flip, good drivers hit walls, great drivers hit other cars, and awesome drivers die...In the case at hand the sweeper was Riverside, very wide and allows a lot of room for error. In the case at hand we weren't seeing full potential speed, therefore I dropped it to 3rd and passed inside. This is not a turn that is typically apexed, so I assumed the inside was about as safe as possible, and it was, and he lifted, and he went off track and he shoveled dirt from his cabin...Can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MRinChrist
What gives you the impression that I am in error here?...What gives you the impression that I "rode his bumper", or did anything outside of what is assumed proper?
i never said you did.. your lame *** attitude about 'get out of the kitchen' while running 2:07s kind of tiped me off.

i simply said 'why push the issue'?.. if he destroyed your car or the guys behind you.. would that have been worth it?.. would it have made you feel more manly?

show some courtesy.. and you will get some in return from the people that matter.. the guys who are there every event..

the guy obviously wasnt comfortable.. you got inside him.. he freaked or drifted out to the marbles to give you some room and lost it.. he could have rolled, died, totalled another car, totalled your car, etc.. is that worth it?

i would be more than happy to put you in the same situation to see how you handle it if yould like... maybe you'll see a different perspective then.

Last edited by ryan0; Apr 11, 2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

I never said I was the ****, a$$hole.
no.. you said 'if you cant stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen'.. kind of the same thing.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

i never said you did.. your lame *** attitude about 'get out of the kitchen' while running 2:07s kind of tiped me off.
You have issues...really. You are being absolutely irrational.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

next time you show up, and im in a fully caged race car.. ill remember you said that and ill make sure to buzz you, ride your bumper and take you inside of corners all day long.
I look forward to it...In fact, I cannot wait. When and where?
Old Apr 11, 2007, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

most of us in that group know and trust each other.. there are plenty of people that i would go door to door with out even worrying.. but if i see someone i dont know who is driving like ****.. its not worth it.. they can just as easily destroy your car also.

lets say the dude went off and whipped back across the track right into your door. would you care whos fault it was? you would be here posting about how your didnt do anything wrong while left with no car and no recourse to get it back.
Thanks Ryan,

You said it better than I did. I run with a lot of groups in the fastest group, Trackmasters, NCRC, etc...and trust is paramount. It's ALWAYS better to play it safe unless you are very very sure of what the other car is going to do. It's not racing, we are not trying to steal apexes, etc....if you are bored, step up to the next level. this is why 07 is my last year of time trial...I'm tired of going around in circles looking for lap time.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

You have issues...really. You are being absolutely irrational.
dude.. can you not read... im being perfectly rational, and mature, and experienced.

trust me, ive been doing this longer than you.. ive seen stupid **** destroy cars and lives.. it is not worth it..

be courteous.. maybe the dude didnt see you.. maybe he wasnt experienced enough.. maybe his mirror broke off.. maybe his left eyeball fell out.. who the hell knows.. but again.. did it make you feel better to push the issue?.. no one got hurt and nothing got busted up.. so now youre here talking all of your macho 'if you cant stand the heat' crap.. if the dude died or destroyed his car.. or someone elses car.. believe me.. you wouldnt have so much bravado.

i'll make sure everyone who runs advanced with sv know that your whole attitude is 'if you cant stand that heat, stay out of the kitchen'.. (sorry i keep quoting that people, but it just cracks me up)
Old Apr 11, 2007, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

I look forward to it...In fact, I cannot wait. When and where?
you should take that back.. it wouldnt be a fun day.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Lol, good to see MR up to his old antics.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Percywork
Thanks Ryan,

You said it better than I did. I run with a lot of groups in the fastest group, Trackmasters, NCRC, etc...and trust is paramount. It's ALWAYS better to play it safe unless you are very very sure of what the other car is going to do. It's not racing, we are not trying to steal apexes, etc....if you are bored, step up to the next level. this is why 07 is my last year of time trial...I'm tired of going around in circles looking for lap time.
thank you.. see?.. percy has been running time trials for a while and sees what its about.. and when he starts racing he will be one step ahead of you.. there are no giant trophies.. and trusting the guys you run with is EVERYTHING... i started racing with arc/ncrc... again.. cause i knew and trusted everyone out there.. i been door to door with some of them at 110mph+ in 8 at willow and laughing the whole time.. but ive also been 100 ft away from morons and worried as ****.

everyone needs to remember.. at any time.. any person can drive his car right into your door.. and there is NOTHING you can do about it... what are you going to do? cry to your insurance?.. sue?.. beg him to pay for your car?.. nothing.

show that youre a good driver and others will notice.. show that youre a tool and people will never forget.

Last edited by ryan0; Apr 11, 2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

oh.. ps.. a little tip for ya.. if youre running time trails.. that LAST thing you want to do is be near/around/passing other cars..

its all about clearing space for clean laps.. but apparently most people like to 'prove' how fast they are by making videos of themselves passing other cars on track instead of letting their times talk.. 2:07?
Old Apr 11, 2007, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

dude.. can you not read... im being perfectly rational, and mature, and experienced.
No, you came in here in a hysterical panty-up-*** mood, making an absolute *** out of yourself. Being a little punk who has no idea what he is talking about...I have outlined precisely what happened, and you offered a hypothetical fiction, ascribing it to me, absolutely clueless as to the facts. I assure you, I am well aware of track etiquette and how to behave and not to behave...Quite often, as in the case I outlined, people are ****** and don't let you pass. In this case there was a safe opportunity to pass and I took it. The M3 guy lifted in the turn and ended up in the dirt. He panicked. The red run group rules apply and he was driving like it was a blue run group. He even admitted as much by implying that he didn't point me bye -- this illustrates quite obviously that he was not in complete understanding of what the red group was about. Had I any idea that he had the expectation that we were running blue, white or yellow group rules, I would have waited, and waited, and waited until he pointed me bye.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Lol, good to see MR up to his old antics.
Are you still obsessing about me?...You really need to let it go...Back to the LancerES forums Canuck.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

blah blah blah...letting their times talk.. 2:07?
Do you honestly think I was gloating about honestly offering my track times?...I absolutely was not, in fact I was humbly offering what I consider anything but glorious times...But, being the **** you are, you projected your pettiness onto me and assumed something that did not even exist...(why am I even engaging?)

I still look forward to you harassing me on a track someday...I am looking for a reason to throw a few thousand at my Evo.

Quick Reply: ButtonWillow - Apr 7,8 - Easter