Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sparco EVO Seat Install Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dotman05
Sounds good what's the price run?
Originally Posted by xtnct
Pricing for these will be around $135, give or take a few...
IM me if you want the contact info of the guy who will make them (I don't make these, I'm just the test subject)
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Ok cool i'll hit you up soon thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

I have a custom very low non-slider mount that TCDesigns did for me. It's for sale but I haven't taken pics yet. Will do that this weekend...
Old Apr 12, 2010, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

I figured I'd try asking there here as this exercise may have made you the unofficial authority on getting a racing seat to fit in the Evo

Would side mounts like this bolt on directly without any issues?
http://www.motorsportseats.com/cobra/side_mounts.html

I'm not interested in sliders (at least not yet).
Old Apr 12, 2010, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Loser
I figured I'd try asking there here as this exercise may have made you the unofficial authority on getting a racing seat to fit in the Evo

Would side mounts like this bolt on directly without any issues?
http://www.motorsportseats.com/cobra/side_mounts.html

I'm not interested in sliders (at least not yet).
Haha - funny

Bolt directly on to what? The seat mount bracket I had fabricated? If yes, then in theory yes - they should bolt right up assuming that the mounting hole spacing is the same as the Recaro side mounts. If you can get the hole measurements of that specific bracket, I can check and have a definite answer.

Also, depends how wide your seat is. Once you bolt the side brackets to the seat, measure the width between the holes on the bottom of the side mounts.

The next version of the bracket will probably have even more room for adjustment... For the hole distance specs of the initial prototype bracket, check a few posts before this one. It is all there.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just installed a Sparco Circuit Pro that I picked up used. It came with the Sparco Sliders, brackets. The base is a wedge engineering base. http://www.wedgeengineering.net/
The slider actually worked which is nice, and it's not any higher than stock as best I can remember. The seat itself has a really thick lower cushion that I don't think I'm going to use so I can sit even lower.

Crappy cell-phone install pic:

Name:  0604000726.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  61.6 KB
Old Jun 4, 2010, 06:45 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Sublime can whip up these brackets to order if you want an easy ready to go solution. I have them on both sides and they work perfectly. They also incorporate a sub belt mount that is very convenient:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...unt-seats.html
Old Jun 4, 2010, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
Sublime can whip up these brackets to order if you want an easy ready to go solution. I have them on both sides and they work perfectly. They also incorporate a sub belt mount that is very convenient:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...unt-seats.html
This design uses flat stock which is very similar to the sparco one that I didn't like due to lack of rigidity.

The wedge brackets should be pretty good...used them in my VW at one point - nice and solid.

Last edited by xtnct; Jun 4, 2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:21 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
This design uses flat stock which is very similar to the sparco one that I didn't like due to lack of rigidity.
The Sublime ones are rock solid and heavy duty -- not at all comparable to the Sparco ones. I have a set of Sparco ones in the garage there is a big difference in the thickness of the metal and rigidity of the design.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

i had a nightmare too, but we managed with a set of Sparco Rev's (older Evo's).

We ended up cutting out the factory bracing from the body and welding in rectangular tubing to make a nice, strong level mouting point and then we took 6061 1/4" aluminum side brackets from Sparco and bolted them directly to the floor and adjusted the seat.

Sits super low, good fitment and gives you plently of head clearance on the roll cage.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 12:41 PM

Has anyone tried the Buddy club seat brackets.. I have some friends with Honda's that run these brackets with side mount seats like Sparco and bride's..I see they make them for the Evo,maybe I'll give them a try..
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:03 PM

I can hook you up with a set of these if you want. Parsons Fabrication is willing to make more of them.
Can they make these in aluminum?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IceHawk
Can they make these in aluminum?
Maybe... did brain storm with that idea a little already. It would be a winter project though. One thing to keep in mind is that they would be pricey, similar to the aluminum ones of corvettes and porsches (high $200 to mid $300's) for just one side.

The second version bracket we made is significantly lighter (2-3Lbs)... will get pics of new design and weight once I paint it later this week. Tested it without the slider and all worked and bolted up just fine. The position was very low - felt like I was looking at the dash
Old Jun 28, 2010, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by esmjoe
Has anyone tried the Buddy club seat brackets.. I have some friends with Honda's that run these brackets with side mount seats like Sparco and bride's..I see they make them for the Evo,maybe I'll give them a try..
I have them and the install was easy and I’m very pleased with the purchase. They do lower the seat about an inch. I did small modification to the side mounds; I just trim them to fit better.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Ok... second iteration is finally done. A little different looking, lower in the front by about 0.5" than the previous version and weight is now 4lbs.

The front of the bracket is just over 3" off the floor board and the back is 2.5" off the floor board.

I was sent a pic of the Wedge Engineering design and based on that, my design is the same distance from the floor in front but in the back it is lower by anywhere from 0.5" to 1". Can't tell exactly unless someone measures theirs.

Driver Side:

Passenger Side:
Attached Thumbnails Sparco EVO Seat Install Nightmare-dsc06555-small-.jpg   Sparco EVO Seat Install Nightmare-dsc06558-small-.jpg   Sparco EVO Seat Install Nightmare-dsc06559-small-.jpg   Sparco EVO Seat Install Nightmare-dsc06560-small-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Sparco EVO Seat Install Nightmare