Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Ferodo DS3000 track pads?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by c_reber
Thanks for the info. Even though that kinda sucks since my 3000's have at least half the pad left on there. and they weren't cheap either.

Did you get your rotors (stock rotors still?) turned then? Or you think the new pads will wipe off the "deposits" from the rotor face?

I've heard of the ST-43 pads, how do the DTC-43 compare? Whats the difference?
This problem started last year. Originally I was using WORKS 2 piece all the way around. I assumed warp rotors, so I ordered new blanks and away I went. The next track day I attended the shutting didn't start until about 3/4 thru the second session. So after taking a wheel apart, checking trueness of the rotor with what I could at the track while the think was over 900 degrees. (my IR temp gun max) I couldn't visibly see any gaps across a straight edge, so I put it all back together, bedded the brakes on the return lane for the drag strip and headed out again next session. This ended with jutter so hard it actually picked one of the front wheels off the ground and I took a great high speed 'off' before deciding to call it a day. Fast forward to this season;

I purchased a new set of Gyrodisc 1 piece veined rotors, and before the track day put those on along with the DS 3000s. I use DS 2500's on the street, as the car is a daily driver also so there was a bit of hypothesis going that I had 2500 residue left on the rotors with the 3000's. This time I went out on brand new rotors and the only constant I had was the DS3000's. (Did a thurough bleed, pad sanded, etc) The judder was evident 3 laps into my first session.

Originally Posted by delongedoug
I think he was mixing up Hawk's DTC line with the Raybestos ST-43 pads.
I did, thanks for pointing that out, I have the ST-43's coming.