Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Evo X STU Set up info.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo X STU Set up info.

I researched, but the info that I can find is all over the place, so I will appreciate the help…
I have a 2008 GSR and I want to build a mild SCCA (Autocross) STU car and some track.
I have been reading the “2011 STU Discussion” but I do not see many specifics for the Evo X.
I know there are people out there Autocrossing the EvoX…

Questions:
Power: Is it possible to get around 320whp in STU trim? If so what mods are recommended, any tuning tips, can it be tune for max power at low RPMs? I was looking at Intake, cat back Exhaust and a tune, anything else that is a must have?

Weight: I wish this car was at least 300bls lighter but I am not planning on spending a lot of cash to get there. Removing the loose items, the big rear spoiler and a small battery. Anything else that is an inexpensive STU legal solution?

Brakes: Are the stock brake pads ok? They feel good to me, anyone recommends anything else?

Wheels/ Tires: I will be running the stock wheels for now maybe with Dunlop’s. But what is everyone else running?

Sway bars: Any recommendation here? Who makes adjustable sway bars for the Evo X?

Shocks/ springs: Well this could be a whole new thread, shocks I will get something good to be able to handle higher spring rates, any recommendation on a starting point for spring rates?

Thanks,
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terry Fair was the only one I know of to trully try and make the X work in STU trim - never really worked out for him, or anybody else....

Screen name Fair - Read through this thread...
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mo...b-one-lap.html