Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

RaceFab wet sump pan

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 04:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Looks like it may not clear certain O2 dumps, especially the MAP one.

How long does it typically take for them to build one and ship it over?
Old Jun 20, 2015, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Looks like it may not clear certain O2 dumps, especially the MAP one.

How long does it typically take for them to build one and ship it over?
I have the stock o2 routing so I dunno, but I could try and measure it once it's on. About 2-3 weeks usually. Rob is pretty consistent with replying to emails which is a very pleasant surprise these days.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to have more alternatives for pans...

I use to run with the OEM modified by Buschur and now I have the AMS Moroso pan... Been using this one for a while now...

Anybody that has installed a AMS pan, has notice any filling of the catch cans after the install???
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah this is looking like a definite buy for me before an expensive turbo goes on the car
Old Jul 4, 2015, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not at all saying this design doesn't look superior, but I want to clarify that the AMS pan controls oil under acceleration and braking. Your description makes it sound like it only does acceleration.

I may have read over it, but do you know how much capacity this pan adds?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
First post:

Originally Posted by Balrok
I've been told the pan holds 7L, naturally from kewi's. This equals to about 7.4 quarts which is another quart more then moroso .
Old Jul 6, 2015, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AreSTG
I'm not at all saying this design doesn't look superior, but I want to clarify that the AMS pan controls oil under acceleration and braking. Your description makes it sound like it only does acceleration.

I may have read over it, but do you know how much capacity this pan adds?
Yep 7.4ish. The AMS pan only has 1 trap door facing backwards with 4 .5 inch holes, and a 2mm gap (not level either) to feed the front "section." So for accel the trap door closes and a "slow drain" gap in the front keeps the oil in there. On braking the trap door flies open but the slow drain gap prevents a sudden loss, depending on the duration. Left and right turns are left to chance depending on what pedal you are applying and again duration as the pickup is only .5 inches from the side walls. So yes it does a way better job then a B pan or the oem by itself, but it's biased towards accel.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Updated install pics in post #2.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 03:25 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 355 Likes on 240 Posts
Thanks for taking such detailed pics. I'm starting to like this pan even if its overkill for me. Is the turbo drain inlet at the same level as the ams/stock one or did they raise it up a bit? My car has an ams pan and a FP bb turbo and gets a little angry if the oil is run at or above the full mark. A tiny bit low and all is well.

How was the fit on the block? Did you use Hondabond?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

It's an oem pan at heart so the block fit and drain location are stock which is my main driver for it. However in bolting on the parts tonight the wrapped downpipe and the 45deg AN fitting touch, not by much but enough that i'd likely get a lower downpipe later to keep the pressure off. Threebond is what I used and recommend. It's really the same thing as honda/mitsu/subu bond but cheaper since no markup. In filling tonight also it shows about .5 quarts high with 7 quarts in the pan, but this is likely due to my filter and cooler/lines being empty and the car being at a slight angle. I allowed the bond to dry for 24 hours before adding oil.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
when is your next track event. looking forward for some feedback.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Hoping for nasa Roebling in Sept, but I may do a non-nasa beforehand depending on when other things free up. I gotta redo the tune, fix the bumper, fluids, find out why my PS pump is whining, and a ton of other wear items beforehand though.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Update - like any pan the amount of oil depends on your cooler setup - so the BIG cars in AU use 7 quarts, but mine on the OEM cooler and lines came out to about 6 quarts.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 04:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by honda-guy
i didn't have datalog for oil pressure, i just go by the in car video of the oil pressure gauge. NJMP Lightning track have a high speed 180* right turn that kills tires and drop oil pressure for long duration. it's a good spot for me to compare oil pressure drop.

watch this video in high res, and look at the middle gauge, that's the oil pressure gauge. with stock oil pan.

Wow. I can't believe you drive it like that.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
Wow. I can't believe you drive it like that.
any Evo with stock oiling system and sticky rcomp tires will see the same thing, if they have an oil pressure gauge in their car.

been tracking the car like that for 5 year since i bought the car

here's video of the car from 2014 with 2.3 and ams (morroso) pan, and no oil spirters. i always over filled oil at the track about 1/8" over the max mark. you can see the oil pressure gauge, the pressure drop quicker and a lot more than the vid with stock oil pan.

Last edited by honda-guy; Aug 24, 2015 at 05:01 AM.

Quick Reply: RaceFab wet sump pan