Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

My Evo .VS. 991 GT3 Super Cup

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Evo .VS. 991 GT3 Super Cup

Here is a video of my Evo last year at the Race of Champions in Homestead using the Full Road Course.

The GT3 started from the back of the pack. I started 5th overall, you can see my car at the beginning of the Race. I ran the car hard the first 3 laps, then slow the pace down to conserve the car a little because the cars in front of me, which were 2 classes above dissapeared!

I was 1st in class very comfortable, around at the end of lap 5 I saw the Porsche closing by and I hammered the car again. Unfortunately this was my first time at the track and also for the car and I was struggling a lot of mid-corner, corner exit understeer because of having the suspension specs for where I live which is very very different setup, that is why the very late apex race line. Also unfortunately the car broke down remaining 2 or 3 laps.

Note: The braking power the Porsche has is insane! he was outbraking me very bad. I need bigger brakes on the rear!

Enjoy!

Old Sep 23, 2016, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Dang cup cars lol. What hp you up to now? Driving wise you don't have to go in as late as you do, especially on 3 since it's banked - you can hug that curbing all day. Pretty much follow the concrete patching....unless it's raining. And what ended up happening? Also add your oil press/temp so people can see how your pan turned out.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i dont know how well that display reads from the ECU , but seems the guy drives average less then a 50% throttle...

Can you imagine how fast that car could be ?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i dont know how well that display reads from the ECU , but seems the guy drives average less then a 50% throttle...

Can you imagine how fast that car could be ?
I noticed that too. I think it's just a setup issue, since the gear indicator isn't working either. The throttle/brake % seems to be the same value as the longitudinal g-force; when the g-force is +.6, the throttle indicator is at 60%.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
I always think these Cup cars are going to run out of road everytime I see them brake at the end of the straight. Somehow they always manage to make the turn so tidy. Porsche really knows what they are doing.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by JARVEVO8
Note: The braking power the Porsche has is insane! he was outbraking me very bad. I need bigger brakes on the rear!
An evo will never brake as well as a 911 and it has nothing to do with rear brake size. it's the 60% rear weight that makes the 911 stop so well.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 08:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
weight distribution.. load transfer.. something something
Old Oct 6, 2016, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
ive never been to that track but looks like a lot of the late apex is not necessary. the Evo kills the porsche on the straight.

the porsche have throttle by wire and is tuned for a certain hp range. so the throttle open more at lower rpm and close up at higher rpm, keeping the power more flat. i see that a lot in vettes that are detuned for class.