Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

JessonMotorsports Mega Build Thread!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 09:52 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
I'd like about 20mm ,if I could get it. All the good wheels seem to be Evo X sizes.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 09:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 273 Likes on 203 Posts
Thing is they are so short so u cant really go too low. U get 20mm but only like 15mm high then ur back to the factory guard. And u have to do a good job where the factory guard joins back up so it doesn cut the tyre
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:58 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Hrm. I see what ya mean.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:23 PM
EvoM Guru

How stealthy does this thing look without its livery on it tho.. i like

The following 2 users liked this post by Bee-Raddd:
kaj (Aug 26, 2019), pinups (Jan 31, 2020)
Old Oct 9, 2019, 05:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bee-raddd
Hey All. (post 1 contains info and pics of the car as a street weapon, post 2 is the motorsport evolution)

Not sure where to start with this thread. Please bear with me. i will compress 9 years as much as i can into 1 post! Ill also do a mega photo dump at the end. Feel free to save or use any of the photos for private use. if you wish to use them anywhere publicly please credit either my instagram and facebook or the photographer that has been watermarked. Ill endeavour to keep this updated as we continue to modify! Starting With the installation of our Modena Sequential gearbox!

Also feel free to float over to my instagram and facebook and flick me a like or a follow:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jessonmotorsport
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/JMSEvo

I guess ill start from the beginning, This will probably end up super long so bear with me, hope u all like reading! Hopefully my experiences and mistakes can be of use to some of you in the future.
Hopefully this also provides some of you with inspiration to carry on with your builds!

So where to begin,

I purchased my Evo as a near standard immaculate Japanese import here in new zealand in may 2009. It had 107,000km on the clock, Some 18" Advanti vortec wheels, Tein super street adjustable suspension, HKS SSQV BOV, Walbro intank fuel pump and and evo 8 rear spoiler. Was retuned to 200kw ATW on stock ECU.

Pretty perfect street car really!

Unfortunately 1 week after buying the car i decided to give it a birthday with mobil 1 full synthetic 5w40 oil as recommended from factory. Immediately after doing the oil change the engine began to make the all too familiar nugga nugga of a spun big end bearing. I never figured out if the previous owner had noticed the bearing and masked it with very thick oil (it was like glue coming out when drained) or wether it was just bad luck.

This is where the fun began, We purchased a standard evo 7 engine block and installed it into the car so i had a car to drive and i begun researching the best ways to build an evo engine. After hours of research mainly on this forum and lancer register.com i settled on building a 2.3L stroker engine (bearing in mind this was 2009 and nobody had really developed a 2.2 or 2.4l engine yet!) I set about sourcing the best parts and settled on JE 2.3l Pistons and eagle rods and crank.

I am fortunate enough to have a fiercely supportive Dad with extensive motorsport knowledge so we begun about preparing the new block to be converted to 2.3l
We begun by doing a massive porting and flowing of the intake and exhaust chambers, We then slapped the block together and threw in a set of kelford 272 cams to match. Also had a wicked pair of kicker 12" subs and dual custom amp install!

We finally got around to installing the new 2.3l block ourselves. We added a link G4 plug n play ECU and sent it off for a tune! 220kw ATW. This was big power for an evo in new zealand back in 2009 which netted us our first national magazine feature!

The modifying bug had well and truely stuck and we continued to steadily modify the vehicle. Eventually Adding a Garrett GT3582R turbo and sinco turbo manifold along with a long list of other modifications.

Fast forward a few years and i begun using the car in car shows competitively and drag racing. making a healthy 350kw at the wheels at this stage and a best quarter mile time of 11.4 ( i was never very good at drag racing)

I begun to focus on modifying the exterior of the car next. I added on a pair of Rexpeed side skirt extensions and evo 9 front and rear bumpers. then followed the evo 9 hood and on and on from there as u can see in the pictures.

Nice Evo, makes me want to put my Kognition design spoiler back on my Evo 9.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 05:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Ive just changed the spoiler up actually hahah.

I need to do an update here in a couple weeks
Old Dec 2, 2019, 10:28 AM
EvoM Guru

So we had a bit of a ****ter this weekend the car didn move much further than this. gearbox issues which we thought we had sorted but in hindsight we probably should have been more vigilant with when cleaning it out. Ahwell live and learn.

Next up i think i may paddle shift it!

Old Dec 2, 2019, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Bummer. Well at that point your gearbox and shifting setup will be worth more then Dallas's whole car :P
Old Dec 3, 2019, 02:53 PM
EvoM Guru

yea like $25k nzd haha
Old Jan 31, 2020, 07:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bee-raddd
How stealthy does this thing look without its livery on it tho.. i like

that car always looks good 😉😉😉
Old Jan 31, 2020, 08:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
Bummer. Well at that point your gearbox and shifting setup will be worth more then Dallas's whole car :P
Whoa, you don't know me!
Im guessing Bee-radds and my budget probably isn't too much different, just different priorities. We're both just trying to do awesome things
Old Feb 9, 2020, 09:42 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Whoa, you don't know me!
Im guessing Bee-radds and my budget probably isn't too much different, just different priorities. We're both just trying to do awesome things
Yep exactly i doubt we are far apart, Just only so far the cookie crumbles so u got to pick where it crumbles to.

One day i will have a set of Dallas uprights in my car thats for certain. just got to stop blowing my budget fixing broken stuff haha
Old Feb 9, 2020, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Holy 2 month late reply batman lol. One of these days I'll stop working 7 days a week and be able to finish my sh*t.