Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

AutoX suspension abuse

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:46 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
I have ASTs on my car and they put up with AutoX and HPDE without a hiccup. I think you had a freak accident, which sucks because now you are out the cash. Going with the "faster parts" isn't cheap, so open up that wallet. If you are on a budget, for now, I'd say throw on some DOT tires, the Bilsteins, and go have fun.
The following users liked this post:
SilviaVsSupra (Apr 18, 2018)
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
I have ASTs on my car and they put up with AutoX and HPDE without a hiccup. I think you had a freak accident, which sucks because now you are out the cash. Going with the "faster parts" isn't cheap, so open up that wallet. If you are on a budget, for now, I'd say throw on some DOT tires, the Bilsteins, and go have fun.
Thanks for the positive outlook. That is the current plan.

Which model AST's and how long / how many miles/events have you put on them and with what tires? there is a set of lightly used AST 4100's in the classified sections for an affordable price...
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,323 Posts
There is no reason for them to not last multiple seasons. As has been said, your failure here was a fluke.
The following users liked this post:
SilviaVsSupra (Apr 18, 2018)
Old Apr 18, 2018, 05:39 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by SilviaVsSupra
Thanks for the positive outlook. That is the current plan.

Which model AST's and how long / how many miles/events have you put on them and with what tires? there is a set of lightly used AST 4100's in the classified sections for an affordable price...
Not a problem, dude! I recently went to hell and back trying to get my car sorted. Bad luck with a turbo... trans... freaky crap going wrong. I finally just put everything back to stock and have been enjoying the hell out of it ever since. I get what it's like for you to take a few steps back and regroup. I had forgotten how much fun these cars can be, since I was always fixing ****
My ASTs are some old 4100, single adjustables. They were, allegedly, rebuilt before I bought them three years ago. I'm not sure how many AX and HPDE events I've done, to tell the truth. They dampen well and have held up to all of that, along with commutes to the track and a bit of driving around town. I'm actually looking to send them to be refreshed so I can get them revalved. But I digress. I really, really like them. Quality parts.
If the 4100s are in decent shape, you won't be disappointed!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use olsen motorsports in il for rebuilding my coilovers and they may be worth checking just shoot them a message on facebook.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 08:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AST 4100's inbound. We'll see how they do, fingers crossed!