Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Racing Brake BBK?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 01:15 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
In this age of online shopping, I think vendors are starting to forget how to provide customer service. Maybe they figure that they don't have to offer CS since there is no face-to-face interaction. Just because I'm communicating via email and shopping a virtual store doesn't mean I'm okay with my needs not being met within a decent time period.
I am frustrated with vendors acting like it's a privilege for them to get back to me and/or take my order.
I can list half a dozen vendors, off the top of my head, that I've had to stop doing business with, purely out of frustration because they are unreachable.

I was looking to order replacement rings for my RB hats, but dealing with them has been difficult, so I may just toss them and go with another company. The last think I want is for me to (god forbid) have an issue and not be able to get any help.

[/rant]
Old Oct 29, 2018, 02:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Was running their 1pc directional rotors on my car with no issues. I have 2 friends that run their center mount 2pc rotors on their X's, no issues. Myself and some local gusy run their pads with no real issues for street and autocross. I still run the raybestos ST43's on track, because they haven't worn out yet. I plan to try RB's top pad when I need to replace the ST43's. I also have their stainless pistons in my calipers, with their seal kits and silicone dust boots. No issues so far..

And this link right here shows a seal and dust boot kit with standard black dust boots. Can be added to the cart without issue. Maybe they fixed it? They also have seals and the silicone dust boots available separately..

https://www.racingbrake.com/Caliper-...-p/bm-41bs.htm
Old Oct 29, 2018, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
That's just the seals, it's this one:

https://www.racingbrake.com/Save-10-...p/bm-21bsp.htm

Sure you can buy it all separately but they clearly discount it when you buy it together. However...they can't be bothered to sell it the way it's advertised by phone or web. Also notice - the way they fixed the "front" kit is by deleting the silicon option all together when they clearly sell that option....but again. This is simple stupid stuff. It's like they design something cool....and then go back to toking in the corner of the office.

Last edited by Balrok; Oct 29, 2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
the high temp silicon dust boots did held up better than oem for track purpose for me.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 05:43 PM
yip
Evolving Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok

Digging into my patience because I want people to be successful even when it's something so small and dumb, I took the time out of my day to email them outlining the issue with screenshots, URL's, etc. 5 days go by with no answer so I check the site again and the problem still exists. I tried calling again around 1pm PST and go no answer. Emailed again the following day and no answer. I call that a "Decent amount of attempts to buy a simple part". Based on the description and how they choose to run the business I personally would pay 10x to replace them instead of giving them business, sad. If they can't support their own people or site to "do business", how the hell are they going to support my racing efforts. #fail
I recently went to RB to purchase their brake kit for my car. The owner was there and I asked him about purchasing the kit and he basically shooed me away and told me he was to busy with getting orders out to deal with me. I won't be going back or recommending anyone to go there which is a shame since they are right in my back yard and I was looking at their carbon rotors for my Vette

Old Nov 8, 2018, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
Love seeing more brake options. Late to this thread. I know I am in the minority with 17” track wheel set up, but does this kit fit 17”RPF1’s? Didn’t see the reply on that.

Also, did anyone learn if AP’s new EVOX for EVOIX Kit fits 17”. Sorry, I’ve been away for awhile.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 08:00 PM
kaj

Not many brake kits fit RPFs.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Slightly off topic but I tried purchasing Evo X crossover pipes from Racing Brake which I later found out after where not available so I got an email stating my credit card has been refunded. I have attempted twice to ask for an ETA on availability via email/contact us and as yet have not received a response. Whilst I am thankful for my refund I do think their customer service is somewhat lacking.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Kaj, on another note, have you looked at Alcon Advantage Extreme BBK?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 01:50 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by TimC909
Slightly off topic but I tried purchasing Evo X crossover pipes from Racing Brake which I later found out after where not available so I got an email stating my credit card has been refunded. I have attempted twice to ask for an ETA on availability via email/contact us and as yet have not received a response. Whilst I am thankful for my refund I do think their customer service is somewhat lacking.
Originally Posted by TimC909
Kaj, on another note, have you looked at Alcon Advantage Extreme BBK?
I have to say, customer service is a dying art, these days. With vendors doing most of their business online, there is no accountability for their behavior, so can do as they please. Add to that the fact that the internet provides an endless supply of customers, why would they give a ****?
I've been very vocal on this forum regarding that. I don't care how good someone is at their job. If they are unwilling to stay in contact with a customer, I'll find someone else. I have yet to find any aspect of Evo ownership where I am limited to one person that can perform a service decently. I don't choose another vendor out of anger or spite. It's just that I don't have six weeks to wait for each reply. There have been a couple times I've really wanted to work with someone on a project, but had to go elsewhere. It's a shame.
As for the brakes: I have not, but I will. I do have a set of X calipers ready and waiting.... and anything "Alcon" is probably out of my budget until next year (though always makes me drool). I'll check them out, though, and maybe start saving. This is all my research for when I get back to work. I have a long list of stuff to do to the car.