Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Road Course Alignement Specs?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
interesting - i have the ohlins dfv with ciro plates, my caster is about 5.2 i also have the superpro duroball bushings that help a smidge.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 08:41 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by yip
Thanks for sharing the vid. My gear selection is quite different but assuming it's the difference between a 5 and 6 speed?

I set my heights at what Dallas's upright install directions recommended.
Most likely. My second gear was really short. I later changed things up a bit. I was on an open rear diff, so spinning the inside, rear tire quite a bit. 3rd and 4th had nasty grinds above 6500RPM. All that had my timing all off. LOL No rhythm.
Now I have to get used to a 5spd...should be better for a couple of those turns.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 01:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 273 Likes on 203 Posts
put 3mm toe IN on both the front and rear and youll get rid of that push at low speed.

The rest of ur specs are pretty similar to mine except i have 4deg camber up front but prob run alot more aero than you are ( full splitter/diffuser and flat floor etc)

Do you have adjustable rollbars? can find good gains tuning those also
Old Feb 17, 2019, 07:22 PM
yip
Evolving Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by bee-raddd
put 3mm toe IN on both the front and rear and youll get rid of that push at low speed.

The rest of ur specs are pretty similar to mine except i have 4deg camber up front but prob run alot more aero than you are ( full splitter/diffuser and flat floor etc)

Do you have adjustable rollbars? can find good gains tuning those also
I'm gonna play with the toe next track day on the 2nd. I have no aero except the factory rear wing. The front plastic oem undertray got ripped off from going off track :P

My rear bar is adjustable so I will also play with that next track day.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:56 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 273 Likes on 203 Posts
Originally Posted by yip
I'm gonna play with the toe next track day on the 2nd. I have no aero except the factory rear wing. The front plastic oem undertray got ripped off from going off track :P

My rear bar is adjustable so I will also play with that next track day.
Yup try those toe settings or try 2mm instead of 3mm. it will make the car more pointy for sure. Youll probably struggle to get toe in on the rear if your on stock arms but try get it as neutral as you can without sacrificing camber below 2deg

Any idea what ur bar is set to currently?
Also when doing alignment if you have adjustable end links on the bar make sure they arent preloaded. so with the weight on the wheels you should be able to remove and install the bolts holding the end links to the bars by hand and they shouldnt be loaded up. if they are you need to adjust the links until you can slide the bolt in and out by hand then do it all back up. The only time ive ever heard of people using preload on their ARB's is in oval racing.

Bars are a interesting one to play with because it depends on what ur experiencing to what way u want to go with it. I guess since u only have an adj rear bar u could prob just try a session on each setting n see what you like the most.

Regardless heres the theory for anybody interested to my knowledge and what works for us during setup on our car:

3 questions to ask urself before adjusting a rollbar:

1, is the under or oversteer mid corner
2, is it oversteer or understeer
3, is the car rolling lots in the turn as if the suspension is too soft. (THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE TO DETERMINE WHICH WAY TO MOVE UR BARS)

if the answer to 1 is yes then you need to adjust ur rollbars. if its no then you need to stop and look at camber or toe etc.

answer to 2 is self explanatory and will tell you which way to adjust your bars

the answer to 3 will determine which way to change ur bars. ( if your suspension setup is too soft u can use the bars to compensate for this basically to an extent, if you dont answer this correctly youll effectively go the wrong way on ur bars)

So if the car feels too soft and u wana use your rollbars to counter this then you need to soften the rear bar if ur currently experiencing UNDERSTEER, or if your getting OVERSTEER you need to stiffen the rear bar.

IF the car feels nice and solid and flat through the turns and isnt rolling and feeling soft u need to do the opposite. e.g:

If your getting OVERSTEER you need to soften the rear bar
If your getting UNDERSTEER you can stiffen the rear bar

So you need to honestly consider and answer question 3 before you move any bar. easy in your case cause u only have the one bar with only 3 adjustments i assume but when u start getting more complex e.g us with adj front and rear rollbars or a more serious racecar which has alot more adjustment options e.g a GT3 or GTE which has 3 thickness of bars and 5 adjustment points for each bar then its easy to get lost if you dont understand the base theory on which direction to go in.