Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Finally installed my SSB rear trailing arms

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 07:18 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
Much past 6 deg positive and I'm into bumper and voltex fender shaving.
I'm a bit over 7*, with the PSRS, and have ruined the fronts of my fender liners. The new wheels/tires are wider and I don't even want to think about it.

Srsly, why do we even have stock bodies anymore, why can't someone just make a fiberglass or carbon full race kit that clips together Grand Am style.
I wish!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 07:59 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 575 Likes on 431 Posts
As long as you clear the fender with the wheel turned and you're not rubbing the headlight bracket there's nothing important in front of the wheel to rub. My fender liners have the front portion cut off, just the top and rear of it are left. Some small debris stuff gets thrown behind the bumper but nothing serious.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:17 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 273 Likes on 203 Posts
Found it out in March after I cut your tie rod bolts back and did the swing measurement with a buddy and was like wtf, I used to run 9 deg I thought with the offset arm bushing but I could be wrong. At 6.1 deg I can't fit a small screwdriver between the tire and the bumper...after already cutting the inside completely off with an air saw LoL.

Srsly, why do we even have stock bodies anymore, why can't someone just make a fiberglass or carbon full race kit that clips together Grand Am style.
Somebody was selling a rolling body of one of those prototype WRC fibreglass thingies that looked like an evo 8. the last car mitsi entered into the WRC. he wanted 40k nzd as a complete roller minus suspension and driveline. full fibreglass body with spares etc haha.

My wheels hit my splitter too when its in the air if i turn the wheels one way and the flat floor and side skirt when i go the other way. makes bleeding the ACD near impossible haha. just gna bridge the pump in future i think.

Im actually trialling a set of 265s out and they seem to be just as fast as my 285s so i might swap over. seem to heat up quicker and stay in the window longer too.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Same compound frm the 265 to the 285s? I can see them heating up quicker for sure but a smaller tire falling off later vs a larger one doesnt seem to make that much sense IMO.

As for bleeding ACD resident expert Kiki might chime in but I've found the jumping it to be the easiest and most effective method. I made a ghetto harness and power the pump till you hear the pitch change as pressure in the accumulator rises then stop and apply power to the solenoid and purge it. Do that a few times and you're golden
Old May 1, 2019, 11:38 AM
kaj

Is having someone hold down the gas pedal no bueno?
Old May 1, 2019, 11:47 AM
EvoM Guru

the way i used to do it was car on stands in gear and u get somebody to rev the car up to 3000ish rpm and turn the wheel from left to right to activate the solenoid. but i think id rather just force it like ur saying. where do u force the solenoids ? hopefully not at the pump itself haha i cant really get to mine.

As for the 265s vs 285s i think what is happening is we have to start the 285s at a higher pressure to get them to start up in the first place, so once they do heat up the pressure goes too high and they fall over. so being able to start the 265s at a lower pressure yet they heat up faster. once they are hot they are at a lower pressure and therefore dont fall over the curve as quick. Thats my thinking anyway. more testing back to back is needed but early indications are the pace is at least similar
Old May 1, 2019, 12:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 575 Likes on 431 Posts
Not familiar with the ACD stuff since my car is a simpleton but I thought you could bleed it with evoscan?
Old May 1, 2019, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 269 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by heel2toe
Same compound frm the 265 to the 285s? I can see them heating up quicker for sure but a smaller tire falling off later vs a larger one doesnt seem to make that much sense IMO.

As for bleeding ACD resident expert Kiki might chime in but I've found the jumping it to be the easiest and most effective method. I made a ghetto harness and power the pump till you hear the pitch change as pressure in the accumulator rises then stop and apply power to the solenoid and purge it. Do that a few times and you're golden
yeah, that is exactly how I do it with my "bleed box".. The only thing I did extra was add a small 1 or 2 ohm resistor (but a high power one) into the circuit that triggers the solenoid so that I wouldn't overwhelm the solenoid if I ever forgot to turn it off..
We just used the main ACD pump connector where all the solenoid wires go and control it from there...
Old May 1, 2019, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ayoustin
Not familiar with the ACD stuff since my car is a simpleton but I thought you could bleed it with evoscan?
for some reason it doesnt work on all cars... I never could get it to work on mine..
Old May 1, 2019, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
Is having someone hold down the gas pedal no bueno?
works for ACD, not for AYC and not for X... Also, by running the pump manually you can get it to prime more easily which is sometimes really difficult (for EUDM and JDM cars.. your pumps are a bit different)
Old May 1, 2019, 02:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kikiturbo
for some reason it doesnt work on all cars... I never could get it to work on mine..
Yup evoscan refuses to talk to mine. its really weird it will connect to the ecu. and if u run the DTC's it will just fault all of them. but the dash flashes the correct code. so u gotta plug it in then scan then watch the dash. and the clear button clears them. but if u try actuate anything it fails.

The guy who invented evoscan is from new zealand and i tried to get him to help me he sent me a new cable etc but nothing helped.
Old May 1, 2019, 02:58 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by kikiturbo
works for ACD, not for AYC and not for X... Also, by running the pump manually you can get it to prime more easily which is sometimes really difficult (for EUDM and JDM cars.. your pumps are a bit different)
Oooh, I only noticed the ACD comments. I gotcha, now.
Old May 1, 2019, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

I used the throttle method initially (when doing the clutch for example) but when you overhaul the pump, and get all that air in, a bleed box just makes sense..