Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Hotsides

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2020, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 269 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
Would also be nice to know the weight savings, I'm sure someone has weighed a T3 vs stock iron. We'd also likely have to recirc the dump tubes to clear sound checks - that looks like a M'fer to line up all 3 vbands lol.

I will have to look up the numbers, but my EFR 7163 kit is somewhat lighter than stock turbo setup..
Old Jul 10, 2020, 05:33 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 575 Likes on 431 Posts
The only non stock frame setup I'd go with would be an EFR and since they don't make reverse rotation EFRs they're a ***** to package nicely and the kits that can do it you're spending $6k at least all said and done.

FWIW the new FP/Xona wheels outperform almost all the other stuff out there. I think once they start posting results with their UHF reds we'll see some nice curves. Couple it with the significantly better water jacket design that FP uses and you end up with a setup that runs at a cooler and more consistent temp.

IMO a twinscroll housing with an A/R around .9-.95 (12-12.5cm) would be the sweet spot for having great response and a strong top end without running crazy hot with extended use.

As for lining up vbands, if a housing like that were to come to fruition, it would be compatible with all the OTS stuff like STM's recirc downpipe etc.

The stock flange gets a lot of unwarranted ****, but the reality is if you're shooting for any amount of power less than 700whp the flange itself isn't a restriction.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 08:08 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 143 Likes on 119 Posts
The UHF green has been out for a while but I haven't seen any really great results from it. Do you think the UHF red will be better?
Old Jul 10, 2020, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by Construct
The UHF green has been out for a while but I haven't seen any really great results from it. Do you think the UHF red will be better?
What kind of results from the green?
Old Jul 10, 2020, 09:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Balrok
What kind of results from the green?
Not a lot of results to go around, but there's a plot and some discussion in this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...green-uhf.html

The dyno posted on FP's own site doesn't even look that great: http://www.forcedperformance.net/mm5...t_Code=2007020
Old Jul 10, 2020, 01:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Not a lot of results to go around, but there's a plot and some discussion in this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...green-uhf.html

The dyno posted on FP's own site doesn't even look that great: http://www.forcedperformance.net/mm5...t_Code=2007020
To me the dyno results on their site absolutely suck.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 07:49 AM
EvoM Guru

Results are still few and far between on the green. The red isn't officially released yet.

The plot that FP has posted is for a rally car. It's owned by Dave Kern and he's nothing but happy with the setup from what he's told me. Rally cars approach making power differently than other cars. Since he's racing on loose surfaces a lot he doesn't want to bring power in as soon as possible and having the most power that's the most manageable is what wins stages.

The wheels are of the same design in their newer Xona stuff which has been setting some very impressive numbers for their given wheel sizes.

I've had a UHF green sitting in my room for the past 8 months and it'll be getting put on my car this winter. Goals will be fastest possible spool and 500whp on a 2.4LR non mivec engine. If exhaust temps and back pressure stay in check then we'll be pushing it further.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 08:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by ayoustin
I've had a UHF green sitting in my room for the past 8 months and it'll be getting put on my car this winter. Goals will be fastest possible spool and 500whp on a 2.4LR non mivec engine. If exhaust temps and back pressure stay in check then we'll be pushing it further.
I thought I remembered you posting that 4G64 block photo somewhere. I'm still looking forward to how that build turns out.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 10:02 AM
EvoM Guru

I thought I remembered you posting that 4G64 block photo somewhere. I'm still looking forward to how that build turns out.
I actually sold that haha. Then bought a freshly machined 2.0L 63 as a spare and now I'm about to pick up another 64 block and crank because I want to see how it will respond with the increased displacement before I decide if I want to stick with a 2.0L or go bigger when the time comes to build a respectable engine.