Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Logging wheel speeds

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2021, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bee-raddd
Bit of a shame i missed this thread as i could have helped you with all of this haha.

I removed my ABS computer and re routed the wires directly into the ACD ecu. The biggest headache was getting the ABS > ACD health check wire correct. The ABS ECU sends out a small voltage signal to the ACD ECU constantly to remind it its working. Without this input the ACD ECU Faults. Fun times.

Can also confirm the wires go into the ABS ecu on certain pins and then come out the ABS ECU on different pins which then continue on to the ACD ECU. As for the comms side i believe it uses MUT to communicate.

Do u guys really find that much time playing around with ACD computers? ive just stuck with my ralliart ACD ECU for ages. I do have my stock one i could reflash just never looked into it
It helps in the corner exits and helps rotation on entry. However, I've never done a back to back comparison. I'm mostly wanting to log wheel speeds to a better understanding diff performance. I just installed a Cusco front diff (1 way) and I'll use it to monitor wheel speeds on corners.

I wish there was a better way to monitor steering angle. That would be the last thing I want out of the ACD ECU for driver analysis.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 03:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 273 Likes on 203 Posts
Originally Posted by awdboosted
It helps in the corner exits and helps rotation on entry. However, I've never done a back to back comparison. I'm mostly wanting to log wheel speeds to a better understanding diff performance. I just installed a Cusco front diff (1 way) and I'll use it to monitor wheel speeds on corners.

I wish there was a better way to monitor steering angle. That would be the last thing I want out of the ACD ECU for driver analysis.
Surely you could buy a steering angle sensor and monitor it externally e.g via motec. but be hard to interpret this data if your looking at everything else on another piece of software
Old Sep 22, 2021, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I must be missing something but why not use a data logger such as an AIMS Solo?
Old Sep 25, 2021, 01:47 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 273 Likes on 203 Posts
Originally Posted by GotKT?
I must be missing something but why not use a data logger such as an AIMS Solo?
Pretty much the level of information from a solo is limited. e.g the acceleration and brake is calculated from lateral acceleration G sensors. With a proper data logging dash or something like a motec you can actually log throttle position and brake pressure which can tell you alot more about whats going on especially when your looking for small gains.

Its also nice to be able to overlay engine parameters to see what could be causing handling characteristics of the car. motec you can also do stuff like active ride height sensors, suspension travel sensors, tyre temp and pressure live telemetry etc. list goes on n on.

AiM solo is great for a quick reference and predictive lap time etc but limited somewhat in what knowledge you can gain in lap time itself from telemetry. and no engine data logging also.