Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

most unfriendly evo owner.... wow

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
most unfriendly evo owner.... wow

So i just got back from the Wal Mart at Park and the toll way. I was with my friends in my buddies car and I saw a black Evo X in the parking lot. On the way back to the car I saw that the lights were on and there was a guy walking around it so i gave my bag to my friend and went over to introduce myself and say hi. I went up and said hi and asked if it was his car to which he replied in a very condescending tone "Im walking around it aren't i" and went back to replacing his wipers. Trying to get past the awkward barrier he put up I tried to shake his hand and I introduced myself as a fellow Evo owner and told him my name. He reluctantly gave me a really weak handshake and didn't even give me his name, and again, turned his back on me and went back to trying to figure out how to do his wiper swap. So AGAIN i tried to start conversation with him and i asked him what all he had done to his car. He responded with "bolt ons" and turned his back again. This continued and I got more and more frustrated with his terrible demeanor. I asked if he was tuned and he said "I don't need that, It's a daily driver." I ended by telling him about NTEC and evod. He said he had heard of Kevin and at this point I was completely done with talking to him, and from what it seemed he was done before it started...

Allin all, there is a black guy (don't know his name since he wouldn't give it to me) and he drives a black EvoX with an exhaust and some sort of other "bolt ons".... again unknown? and he is extremely unfriendly and overall an a** hole

have a good day guys!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:41 AM

Oh dang, I was going to take credit for that until you said a black guy lol.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:31 AM
Evolving Member

Haha. Yeah. No idea who it was. I had never seen the car before. Oh well
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:37 AM

HAHA he must not be apart of a cool forum.
Im apart of two lmao!!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 02:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you walk up to every one that has an Evo and try to get to know them?

Maybe the guy had something going on or was upset over something. Or he simply has no intrest in evom or evod. That doesn't make him a bad guy.

I know I get annoyed when random people come up to talk to me about my car. It happens all the time. I don't like spending 20 min bs'n about evos in a parking lot when I'm about to go home.
If I want to bs about evos then I'll show up at meets or find some forums
Old Nov 21, 2010, 03:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 05VIII

Maybe the guy had something going on or was upset over something. Or he simply has no intrest in evom or evod. That doesn't make him a bad guy.

I know I get annoyed when random people come up to talk to me about my car. It happens all the time. I don't like spending 20 min bs'n about evos in a parking lot when I'm about to go home.
If someone comes up to introduce themselves and shake your hands... its the courteous thing to do to reply in kind. If you dont want to spend 20 min BSing... you simply say something like " I would love to chat man but Im running late.. Even if its not true. There is already too much hatred, ignorance, and impertenance in the world. The EVO club, at least for me, is not so much about cars as the friendships that can be formed.

Personally I learn something new every week from a fellow evo owner and there are no two cars alike.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 04:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Supraboy1
If someone comes up to introduce themselves and shake your hands... its the courteous thing to do to reply in kind. If you dont want to spend 20 min BSing... you simply say something like " I would love to chat man but Im running late.. Even if its not true. There is already too much hatred, ignorance, and impertenance in the world. The EVO club, at least for me, is not so much about cars as the friendships that can be formed.

Personally I learn something new every week from a fellow evo owner and there are no two cars alike.
I agree, but not every one was raised up like you.

You can't always have what you want
Old Nov 21, 2010, 04:36 AM

probably came from nasioc forum lol
Old Nov 21, 2010, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

he must not be a people person lol
Old Nov 21, 2010, 06:15 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I went to a local meet over the summer. As an older guy never having attended such an event, I was curious. To make a long story short, I walked up to guy with a heavily decorated RR Evo and asked about the car. He started telling me how it's not a V8 - must have been driven by my age - and a bunch of other condescending crap that was completely wrong, technically, and I simply walked away. Not 15 minutes later I hear someone calling my name. It's the same guy. He must have asked around to see who I was and decided that I'm worthy of a conversation. No thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 07:34 AM

I normally only get annoyed when it's an idiot that goes, "Is that a real Evo? Does it have a turbo?!" No, it's a fake one, I drive around in a unicorn car. Did I mention that I teach in the Air Force and most of them are my students? This just makes it so much more annoying.

But generally I am friendly to fellow Evo owners.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

you drive that blue evo 8 right?

most of the time, when i go to a bs meet or run to another evo somewhere, i try to say hi most of the time they will do the same. but i have been to a couple of meets where some evo owners that i have never met, feel like they are better than you if you walk up to them to try to conversate. or they have their own lil group they hang out with.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
See you were in Plano, that was the 1st problem right there, you know how those guys are.

But seriously though, I think I would have dropped it right after his first response, I think it was clear then that it wasn't going to go well. Maybe you caught him off guard? I know I get a little nervous when people approach me in a parking lot.

Kudos to you for trying to be friendly and build a little community spirit. I would have done the same, and hope others would too.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

honestly i think its the fact he owns an Evo X.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Supraboy1

I Agree