Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

looking for the best evo shop in ct

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yellowEVO21
Wow I haven't seen this many posts from Pruven all at once ever!

I've heard good things about the Shop in Ct - but from the one time I was at Pruven, they did an excellent job.

+1 for Pruven.
We definitely appreciate those kind words. We are doing this work for a living. This is not our hobby. We do this professionally. When people come on here and say negative things without merrit, it gets to the point where we have to come on and defend ourselves. Unfortunately, you never know who is on the other end of the keyboard. It could be a digruntled ex-employee, a 17 year old with no car, a 40 year old who knows nothing about the auto world other than owning a driver's licence, or someone who just holds a grudge. You just never know, whether it be about us or any shop for that matter.

Again thanks for the nice words. We appreciate your business..... past , present, and in the future!

Thanks,
Dan
Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 for the shop. I havent had them work on my evo but they do great work and a great bunch of guys. Jimmy is great he helped me out with a few other things, they will take care of you. as far as Pruven, i wouldnt. My friend had a customers Evo for a whole weekend and he was all types of beating on it, however he doesnt work there anymore. I just wouldnt bring my car to someone where i know this was going on.

So yea, theSHOP!
Old Jan 17, 2007, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Dan, glad to hear your input.

Your shop's reputation may well have been influenced by your "former ECU tuner," I'm not sure. I know the 2 times I saw extreme waits at your shop, the customers were waiting to be tuned, not waiting for installs. Those tuning appts seemed to have a tendency to get backed up from time to time. Maybe the tuning process is running better now...

As for the third-hand info in this thread, I see your point. Unfortunately, reputation is huge in this buisness. Some people rely on a shop's reputation for race results, and Pruven clearly has some exceptional results. For other people, reputation is based on how quick/easily work gets done on their car. I hope your shop continues to do well, it's clear from your DSM/Evo involvement that you're committed to the craft.

Competition is a good thing for both shops and customers.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Props to Pruven for stepping into this thread!
Old Jan 18, 2007, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pruven
We definitely appreciate those kind words. We are doing this work for a living. This is not our hobby. We do this professionally. When people come on here and say negative things without merrit, it gets to the point where we have to come on and defend ourselves. Unfortunately, you never know who is on the other end of the keyboard. It could be a digruntled ex-employee, a 17 year old with no car, a 40 year old who knows nothing about the auto world other than owning a driver's licence, or someone who just holds a grudge. You just never know, whether it be about us or any shop for that matter.

Again thanks for the nice words. We appreciate your business..... past , present, and in the future!

Thanks,
Dan
Perfect post dude. There is way too much internet shop bashing, and most of time it comes from people with 3rd or 4th (if not worse than that) hand information, which is never a good thing. The sources of disinformation are hidden and for all anyone knows could be a competing shop employee having some fun while bashing his competitors.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 05:31 PM

To anyone bashing Pruven look up SHARKBITE2000'S posts and you can very easily tell that:

1) the work done to that car was done exceptionally well

2) done in a timely fashion

and the most important

3) done in the upmost care about quality...

and that is just one of the most recent piece of work to come out of that place!!!

Everytime i have been there is has been a great expirence because of the staff @pruven!!!

PRUVEN =
Old Jan 20, 2007, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

also check out Total Autosports in New Britain...pm DRAGIN about that one
Old Jan 20, 2007, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

"THE SHOP" is real good customer service top notch
Old Jan 21, 2007, 09:06 PM
mot
Evolved Member

i wish i could try them all and not have a 3rd party influence in this
i beleive at this point i will go with who can do the things i need done in a timely manner and a reasonable price
Old Jan 22, 2007, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Juice33
I would suggest XX Tuning to everyone that askes. Why do you two say don't go to XX?

I have gone to them many times for my STi, Cobra and Lightning and have always had a good experience. I have never had a problem with any car I have brought to them and I will bring my Evo to them when I am ready to mod it.
Well lets see... There is a certain GG MR that they built a stroker bottom end on that's had a ton of problems directly after leaving there. For starters the bottom on the engine has oil leaks springing from almsot every seal... and get this... the head just came off it at another local shop and the pistons were installed backwards in the vehicle. I'm surprised the valves didn't hit the pistons because the reliefs are clearly different. That's the first thing just pulling the head off.... I'm sure there is more coming as the engine comes apart.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DRAGIN
Well lets see... There is a certain GG MR that they built a stroker bottom end on that's had a ton of problems directly after leaving there. For starters the bottom on the engine has oil leaks springing from almsot every seal... and get this... the head just came off it at another local shop and the pistons were installed backwards in the vehicle. I'm surprised the valves didn't hit the pistons because the reliefs are clearly different. That's the first thing just pulling the head off.... I'm sure there is more coming as the engine comes apart.

As you have said before you are an ex-employee of XX Tuning, a bitter ex-employee at that from the postings I have read from you. There is no need for you to go trashing their name every chance you get because you had a falling out with the owner, or whatever reason you left for.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

As you have said before you are an ex-employee of XX Tuning, a bitter ex-employee at that from the postings I have read from you. There is no need for you to go trashing their name every chance you get because you had a falling out with the owner, or whatever reason you left for.
You mean how almost every ex employee there saw the crookedness, the theft, the lying, deceiveing and most of those employee's got hosed in one form or another? Yes I'm bitter. I got hosed for $18000. But it doesnt change the fact that this poor guy spent thousands of dollars and his car runs like *** and has pistons installed backwards and oil spewing out of it. Good luck if u go there. You'll see.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

I think that an ex-employee has every right to talk about his/her previous employer. DRAGIN has no reasons to lie, even if he was screwed out of a lot of money. Just because he is saying something that some people don't want to hear doesn't automatically mean that he's lying. I know him and can safely say that he's a very trustworthy and honest individual. He has a good secure job and therefore has no need to go around spreading lies.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by XK120
I think that an ex-employee has every right to talk about his/her previous employer. DRAGIN has no reasons to lie, even if he was screwed out of a lot of money. Just because he is saying something that some people don't want to hear doesn't automatically mean that he's lying. I know him and can safely say that he's a very trustworthy and honest individual. He has a good secure job and therefore has no need to go around spreading lies.

I never called him a liar,but it is a constant attack, and he is, just like you, throwing up big support for a competing shop in CT. That seems like a very good reason for someone to have a severely biased stance on anyone. Don't you think? Or is it all good until someone starts bashing your shop?
Old Jan 23, 2007, 08:59 AM

I never called him a liar,but it is a constant attack, and he is, just like you, throwing up big support for a competing shop in CT. That seems like a very good reason for someone to have a severely biased stance on anyone. Don't you think? Or is it all good until someone starts bashing your shop?

I was also screwed out of 10's of thousands of dollars by the owner of XX Tuning. Would I do business with them again?? Absolutely not, but that's just me based on numerous past experiences with them. Personally I don't care which shop anyone goes to, I feel people should be able to make their own decisions/mistakes without my imput (unless I'm specifically asked about my experience).

The guy who started this post asked for people's opinions of local CT shops. Someone commented not to go there, you asked "why" and Dragin just happened to give a 100% truthful comment about how XX messed up a car as well as the specifics on how the shoddy workmanship was done to this car. I don't see you *****ing and starting conflict with the 5 other members who said they've heard bad things/recommended not to go XX in this post. I'm also completely aware that he has made comments about them in the past. I am sure his comments were warented. If not then no biggie because legally he has the right to express his opinions of them. (Let me quote: "1. Everyone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference. 2. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice.")

I also don't see Dragin going around in this post saying "Go here, go there." If he has and I overlooked it then I'm sorry and I withdraw this comment. But if he has thrown up props/support to a competing shop in past posts its because of numerous positive expereinces that he (or anyone else for that matter) has had with that particular shop. Thats usually why people recommend something and that's why you would recommend XX to people.

Plain and simple, the guy who started this post asked for members opinions on where to go. Everyone seems to be doing that except for you since you decided to stur up problems with Dragin just because he doesn't like the same shop as you and is willing to express his opinion of that shop. You need to get over it. Dragin gave his negative opinion of the shop and you can give your positive opinion of the shop if you wish just like others have been doing (I saw quite a few positives and negatives about them in this post and everyone else seems to be playing nice)

Why don't you guys just call a truce and stick to the topic of the post, give the guy your opinion of whatever shop you want to and step away so he can make his own decision.

LB

Quick Reply: looking for the best evo shop in ct