Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

TurboTrix or Top level performance NY

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2007, 05:13 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by DSMorBUST
sean ivey is the man!! hes never too busy and is very knowledgeable.. def takes care of you! check it out.. 1320performance.com
Although I've never personally had him tune one of my cars, He's tuned several friends cars, and I have always been impressed with his tunes. Not to mention he's a really cool guy and goes out of his way to do your tune right.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
!!!!
I am very busy but sacrifice alot of my free time in the name of building my business, and doing what I like to do.
Thanks for all the kind words.

Sean
Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hk2ronin
I dont know about top level but I wouldnt go to turbotrix due to a friends bad experience with them tuning. Some of my other friends have their tunes with no problems. What happened was somebody did some datalogs for my friend and it showed that he had a 3 count of knock @ some points in his tune, 1-2 points elsewhere. Another tuner looked @ the log and tune and showed there was way to much timing wich was creating the knock and in turn the ecu was pulling timing to save the motor. My friend then got a tune with no knock from this tuner that helped him out. He tried calling, pming, emailing turbotrix with no response about his troubled tune. So because of this I would not go to them but thats just my opinion. "the shop" in CT can handle the installs and Al does all his tuning there now so you can kill two birds with one stone.
Who is your friend?? I find it hard to believe that he called, PM'd, emailed, and we never responded to anything. I constantly respond to PM's and check emails daily, while answering the phones non stop. If someone EVER had a problem with a tune they could come back immediately to have it checked out. I also find it hard to believe that the car was knocking while it was here being tuned. Mark would never send a car out knocking. Is it possible he got a bad tank of gas when he was doing pulls and logging the car?

-Mike
Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

sean u have a pm
Old Jan 26, 2007, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
I was told their dyno install is only a few weeks away. I live right by there so I'm sure some of you have already heard the rumors.
I told Steve at nolimit to get Sean Ivey there for a dyno day. Next time I'm over there if your're free malibujack I'd like to meet up.

Last edited by dafoe69; Jan 26, 2007 at 01:50 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
Who is your friend?? I find it hard to believe that he called, PM'd, emailed, and we never responded to anything. I constantly respond to PM's and check emails daily, while answering the phones non stop. If someone EVER had a problem with a tune they could come back immediately to have it checked out. I also find it hard to believe that the car was knocking while it was here being tuned. Mark would never send a car out knocking. Is it possible he got a bad tank of gas when he was doing pulls and logging the car?

-Mike
He did not get a bad tank of gas. THere was to much timing in parts of his tune causing the knocks which was shown in the logs. He got it reflashed that day by another tuner and had no knock after that. He has the logs so Im sure he'll email them to you when he gets ahold of you. I told him about your response to my post in this thread so he said he will call you mike and you guys can try to work it out. I wasn't saying you guys are bad tuners I just wouldn't recomend you because of this experience my friend had. I have other friends with great tunes from you guys but nobody can be perfect %100 of the time.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

dog box racing in howell or turbotrix
Old Jan 27, 2007, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

I live near TT and had somethings installed and purchased a few parts from them.

Its kind of a small shop but they keep things moving in there from what i could see.

And i drive past everyday and see a lot of evos. there must be a reason people go to them and im sure its a good one.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 11:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mannymartinez
I live near TT and had somethings installed and purchased a few parts from them.

Its kind of a small shop but they keep things moving in there from what i could see.

And i drive past everyday and see a lot of evos. there must be a reason people go to them and im sure its a good one.

Is 8,500 sq/ft small?

Keith
Old Jan 28, 2007, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

lol i guess its cus i always see cars there haha

u guys know what you're doin and thats for sure.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 07:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mannymartinez
lol i guess its cus i always see cars there haha

u guys know what you're doin and thats for sure.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 08:14 PM
4DR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitsu3
I need my car tuned and the mbc/fuel pump installed. I know turbotrix is great but did anyone hear of top level performance in brooklyn? Im on LI so tople is very close to me. wut u guys recommend
TOP Level. known those guys for years. Since you live in NY, you can hit me up and we can take a ride over there. Feel free to call the shop : (718) 346 4655. Speak with Tyronne of Ricky.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would recommend Turbo trix.

I am in Miami, no where near you guys and they went out of their way to help me out.
Mark and Mike are also pretty cool guys.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hk2ronin
I dont know about top level but I wouldnt go to turbotrix due to a friends bad experience with them tuning. Some of my other friends have their tunes with no problems. What happened was somebody did some datalogs for my friend and it showed that he had a 3 count of knock @ some points in his tune, 1-2 points elsewhere. Another tuner looked @ the log and tune and showed there was way to much timing wich was creating the knock and in turn the ecu was pulling timing to save the motor. My friend then got a tune with no knock from this tuner that helped him out. He tried calling, pming, emailing turbotrix with no response about his troubled tune. So because of this I would not go to them but thats just my opinion. "the shop" in CT can handle the installs and Al does all his tuning there now so you can kill two birds with one stone.
3 counts is nothing, stock evo has 6 counts of knocks, sometimes it even goes up to 9.

Last edited by ihatepotholes; Jan 29, 2007 at 09:36 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4Gsixty3
TurboTrix or Sean Ivey!

Turbotrix- are always busy and a long wait time, but they know what they are doing.

Sean Ivey- he takes his own sweet time to tune the car and make 200% sure everything is right.
QFT i've dealt with both of em, great experiences at both places. Sean, Mark and Paul, they know their stuff. and Sean does takes his sweet time to tune the car and make sure everything is perfect.