Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

* * * * * Brooklyn, NY Meet * * * * *

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2008, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by geevolution
I'm the one with the Fujitsubo RM01A, its a JDM exhaust, 1 piece. 2 resonators, 2.75 inches. The tip size is just about the same as the stock catback. I have a GT-Spec exhaust manifold, Invidia o2 housing, Invidia dp, UR test pipe, and it still sounds like stock. Let me know if you're interested.
wow thats a full exhaust setup right there..
Old May 6, 2008, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by S6devil
well I used to have just a straight pipe and muffler, and nothing else.
recently i tried a Megan resonated test-pipe, which everyone reassured me would make the exhaust quieter. it did NOTHING! in fact now i have added vibrations throughout the car.
so i need to stop experimenting and just go with something that really works. i dont wanna put the catalytic back on, but other than that, i wanna do anything possible to make the car quieter
Just a resonated tp will not do anything.
Old May 7, 2008, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nismogtr34
Just a resonated tp will not do anything.
well now i know that. but everyone including SEAN IVEY reassured me that it would do the trick. on a diff note, IVEY is good at what he does, but what a BS artist!!
charged me $200 more, for some things he did, than his original quote just the previous day, said he was mistaken at how much parts cost (as if he hasn't been doing this every single day for years now)
Old May 7, 2008, 09:56 AM

well now i know that. but everyone including SEAN IVEY reassured me that it would do the trick. on a diff note, IVEY is good at what he does, but what a BS artist!!
charged me $200 more, for some things he did, than his original quote just the previous day, said he was mistaken at how much parts cost (as if he hasn't been doing this every single day for years now)
this is why you should install stuff by yourself..
Old May 7, 2008, 10:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BS artist? I wish I knew your name so I could figure out what you are talking about. The resonated Test pipes from Megan make a difference in the sound of the exhaust. We put them on alot of cars.

Either way you can contact me if there is an issue, we always try 100% to satisfy our customer but I guess we weren't successful with you.

Oh and the shop # 908-925-8700, ..........call I am here...

Sean

Last edited by Sean@Iveytune; May 7, 2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old May 7, 2008, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

i stand by what i said. without taking away anything from your skills with Evo's, or your experience, this is exactly what happened. you quoted me "between $700-800", and i said OK start ordering parts. after parts came in, and after u were done, u gave me an invoice for approx. ~ $1100-1200 (i dont recall exact amount).... and as far as Megan testpipe, you reassured me it would make the exhaust quieter. I told you i didnt need it to be "better" or "cooler", just quieter, and it actually made it louder.
sorry if i offended you but this is how it went down... and relax, since then, i still always told everyone what a great tuner you are!

and sorry for the OFF-TOPIC HERE

Last edited by S6devil; May 7, 2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old May 7, 2008, 12:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Seems there was a miscommunication, perhaps on my part, we are very busy and that is surely possible. I didn't scam you, nor did I BS you, I think that is uncalled for.
When you add on to what you want costs escalate, especially when there is fabrication involved. I wish you had said something to me at the time so we could have dealt with it then.
The resonated test pipe makes the car quieter, it made yours quieter but again since neither of us have a DB meter then perhaps it's subjective.

If you would like to discuss your invoice please give me a call, usually when we start the work we give a ballpark estimate becuase with the evos it is very hard when they come in modified and you have no idea what to expect.

But at the end of the day the work was done, to your liking, without damage to your car, within the timeframe promised, and it made good HP on the dyno. We try our best to get it right, and we do most of the time. I am sorry you are unhappy.

Sean

Last edited by Sean@Iveytune; May 7, 2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old May 7, 2008, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

whens the next meet in ny i keep missing them.
Old May 7, 2008, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune
The resonated test pipe makes the car quieter, it made yours quieter but again since neither of us have a DB meter then perhaps it's subjective.
Maybe in theory it does. but after it was installed there was a loud resonating vibration in the passenger seat floor area. You thought i was just imagining it. but i actually took the car to a local shop, and found out that the O2 sensor was now hitting the undercarriage. it cost me another $80 to have it all straightened out. but even with that rattling out of the way, the car was and is still is exactly as loud as it was before i came to u.

and in the end, you really did charge several hundred more than you originally told me.

anyway, all that being said, I dont regret going to you, as you made the car run smoother and faster. and as i said, i still readily recommend u to anyone who asks.
Old May 7, 2008, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor

If you had an issue after we did the work bring it back it would have been free, like I said we stand behind whatever we do. Anyways glad you got it sorted out, enjoy!!
Let us know if you need anything else.

Sean
Old May 9, 2008, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

no lie ivey good man my boy had a problem with his intercooler piping on his gray evo,we came all the way from the bx and ivey did everything in one day now my boy car is at the shop and ivey always gives us the update and everything is comiing out good,now if u want a scammer go turbotrix or something ivey is not a scammer