Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Brad Benson Mitsu in New Jersey sucks

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2004, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brad Benson Mitsu in New Jersey sucks

When I purchased my evo from Brad Benson Mitsu in December of 2003, they were a real *** to me. Their customer service was very rough around the edges, they had a 'in your face' attitude and courtesy and respect for you was non-existent. Now I swore I would never go back but I went back this morning for the following....

1. My Air Conditioner failed
2. Free 27 pt inspection and free wiper blade inserts
3. Free Oil change promised to me when I gave in the survey.

I arrived there at 8:45am (my appointment was 9:00) and they promptly drove my car in. 10:45am I look into the garage and FINALLY they are barely preping the car to be lifted, I take note 2 other cars that came in AFTER me are already done and driven out of the garage. 12:30pm, the lady tells me the AC is "charged", and refilled but unable to find a leak but they did put some dye in there. I was thinking, "What the hell, you guys had plenty of time to run the AC had full strength and check out the leak?".. Let me remind you when I took a peak at their progress every 15 minutes, they werent very "on-top" of things..... Anywayz, she tells me to drive it for a few days with AC and call in again when it fails.... For the wiper blades, she ran out so I have to go and pick them up later. Remember the inspection, they wouldnt even SHOW me the sheet saying they checked it out, I suspect they did crap. Hey atleast the oil change was good, right? WRONG.... I ask hey what oil weight did the tech use? She runs over and returns and tells me the tech put in 5-30w.... what the ****?!?! I mean 5-30 isnt going to kill me but a Mitsu tech shouldnt be putting in 5-30w in my evo in the middle of May! So I thought "Oh what the **** theres no harm, I'll just remove it early since its free oil change"... Then she tells me I need to talk to the sales manager about the free oil change.... The manager tells me whoever signed the business card stating free oil change had no authority. In addition they would only give a free oil change IF the survey I gave was PERFECT!... I admitted mine was only "very good". Then one of the guys said we'll talk to the top manager after we find my survey in the online database, which they failed to do.

Even after all the crap Brad Benson gave me, I gave them one fair chance and they blew it. I'm even worried they didnt even change my oil, I'm gonna check my oil level and probably change it myself as if I never got an oil change. Brad Benson sucks madly, thanks.
Old May 15, 2004, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

I've yet to find a "good" mitsu dealer in NJ.. well, atleast central.
Old May 15, 2004, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

actually i heard bell, bell south and global mitsu has good customer service, true?
Old May 17, 2004, 04:51 AM

I purchased mine from Brad Benson too. The sales department and the service department have pissed me off so much that I'll never go back. They were real nice when I was buying the car, but the sales staff customer service went to crap after the sale went through. It took them a month and a half to pay off my trade-in. So long that I was getting notices from the bank. Even talking to the general manager was a PIA. They never notified me when it was paid, I had to find out for myself.

The service department was suppose to make an appointment with a district person for a problem that I was having with my seat. This was 3 months ago. I also made a specific appointment on a Monday morning to have the "water leak" guy take a look at the leak in my trunk. I had to take the day off just to do this, but upon arrival I found out that he wasn't coming in that day. When I became apparently upset the service writer said she had called me. Leaving a message is good enough, no need to make sure that you speak to someone.

Anyway, I have been taking it over to Bell in Rahway and am happy so far. A friend of mine used to take his Eclipse over there for all of the service and never had any problems with them.
Old May 17, 2004, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

isn't there a saying that goes somewhat like this? "don't bite the hand that feeds you?" these mitsu dealerships sure got some bullshit going on. check the "boycott stolhman" thread in mid-atlantic, the salesmen will suck you off, but when you come back for service they give it to you gently with a chainsaw and usually without lube
Old May 17, 2004, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

I was one of those who were fortunate enough not to buy from bad benson. I went in last august and right away the stuck a dealer to me. Guy seemed nice enough. Went for a test drive. After everything was done he sat us down and stuck us with the sales manager to make a deal. He wanted 33k for the car that wasn't moving at that point. I said no way. Then he continued to call me for about 3 months afterwards and in these words exactly told me "You're my boy, i'ma hook you up with a good deal yo." I'm just glad I never got the hook up My neighbors also bought a lancer es from there and got ripped off by about 1500 bux.
Old May 17, 2004, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Brad Benson sucks *****. Go see Bell in Rahway.
Old May 17, 2004, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Off to the Regional forum...
Old May 17, 2004, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Well Bell in Rahway sucks too!! The best dealers are Global Mitsubishi and Bell South.

Brad Benson can burn in hell for all I care there just a bunch of idiots that do more damage then good when they touch your car!!!!!
Old May 18, 2004, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

So far the only one I haven't heard anything bad about is global... So here goes nothing...
Old May 19, 2004, 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

Bell in Rahway and Bell South are the same place. Same owners same staff. Nothing but good things there. No problem with warranty work.