Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

NJ Evo/Lancer/Anything Scenic Driving Day Sept. 4th

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2004, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NJ Evo/Lancer/Anything Scenic Driving Day Sept. 4th

I'm making a general anouncement as an Evo and Automotive enthusiast. A group of friends as well as myself are planning a Scenic Drive through northwestern NJ, namely Sussex County. I have been browsing through some NJ Street Bike forums to find some good, twisty, scenic, mountain routes in Sussex County, and I have found some. I myself, having lived in NJ my entire life, never paid much attention to the NW part of our Garden State. My friends and I have decided to change this and are going to take a tour.

I'm inviting anyone in NJ that would like to attend, this is not a sanctioned meet, as I am not a part of any club. It is open to all vehicles, bikes, anything you want to bring.

Since I have never been to this area of NJ, this is new territory for me. I have lists of good routes and a state map and am planning a tentative route. We will follow a general path, but in no way are limited to the roads I choose, we see something that looks good, we'll go for it and figure out the details later!

The hard and fast parts of the tour are as follows:

We will meet at my Apartment at 9:30AM on the 4th, I live just outside of Toms River, NJ just off of Rt. 37. My apartment is EXTREMELY easy to find. If you are in the TR area or from anywhere further south in NJ this is the time and place you will want to meet up with us.

We will go "wheels up" (aircraft term) at 10:00AM and head straight to the GSP and head north. Our first stop will be at the Rest Area nearest the Raritan Toll Plaza, it is north of Exit 120. If all things go as planned we should get there at approximately 11:30 AM.

This is the place for all you Northern NJ enthusiasts to meet up with us. We can grab a quick bite to eat if anyone didn't pack food, and then we'll head out no later than 12:30PM heading north on the GSP.

We'll jump on I287 W/N and get off at exit 22 onto Rt. 206N

(If you havn't already noticed, we havn't gotten to anything particularly scenic yet, that's the joy of NJ, we really have to look for it )

We'll then take 206N past I80 to Rt. 517 N/E towards the Hamburg Mountains. We'll take a loop through the mountains (a few roads here, just play follow the leader) and eventually end up on Rt. 94 S/W until we hit Rt. 519.

We'll the head north on Rt. 519 into the Kittatinny Mountain range and to the Northwestern most corner of NJ. Then jumping on Rt. 521 S which parallels the Delaware River.

521 crosses I80 and I78. You Northern NJ folks can then choose one of the 2 to head home, or stick it out with the core group and head on I78 to I287 to the GSP and back to Toms River. (Alternatively we may take Rt. 521 to Rt. 29 S to I195 to Rt. 571S to Toms River, this depends on the time of day that we hit I78) We may choose that night to head out to Seaside Heights and have some fun on the Boardwalk, or just chill at my place.

As you can tell, this is a large amount of driving. Personally, I love my car so much I can get in it and drive for a full day and find no reason to complain.

I am organizing this day and am the primary POC. Please PM me with any questions or to let me know that you'll be coming along! I do however, travel for my job, I will be out of town during the next 2 weeks, but home on the weekends. Don't get worried if you don't hear from me until the weekends. Since this day is only 2 weeks away (short notice I know) please let me know if you are coming by Aug 30th. If you won't know until later than Aug 30 you can contact KLancer1997. He is also coming on this tour and can give you any info you need.

If you PM myself or him, just let us know that you're interested in joining us and we'll give you directions to my place and one or both of our cell #'s so you can reach us.

If you feel that you only want to come for part of the tour, or you want to meet up with us farther along the trip we'll be more than happy to have you along as well!

Thanks for your interest guys and gals!

- Steve
Old Aug 21, 2004, 10:53 AM
Account Disabled

Sounds like fun. I wish someone would arange a scenic ride in southern NY.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Like hatch said, you guys can also PM me if you need info. I am located in the southern section of Jersey so if anyone South, East, or West of me wants to join up and follow me to Superhatch's apartment, feel free. Hope to see alot of you there and plus, if all goes well, you cant beat ending the night in Seaside on the beach or

~Keith
Old Aug 21, 2004, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by johnnysixer
Sounds like fun. I wish someone would arange a scenic ride in southern NY.

we do... check out our Evo club, www.evo-ny.com . Check our forums in the meets/and events section and evo general for videos of Bear mountain runs.

Every week we go to Bear Mountain (right off the palisades parkway). We either go on Tuesday or a Wednesday aftter 6 p.m. We are trying to do one on the weekend so we can have more people show up. There are hundreds of twisty roads up here - we going on rt. 6/ rt. 202 and we also go on 9w/ rt. 218. Again check out the videos.

I would love to do this on a weekend and setup a BBQ up there. Let me know.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YellowFever
I would love to do this on a weekend and setup a BBQ up there. Let me know.
Do you mean a weekend that we could meet up with you guys?

- Steve
Old Aug 21, 2004, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SuperHatch
Do you mean a weekend that we could meet up with you guys?

- Steve
Im saying - maybe sometime next month or something - we can set up a huge mountain run meet and everyone will be invited
Old Aug 21, 2004, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

I'll keep that in mind, Oct. would be good
Old Aug 21, 2004, 09:18 PM
Account Disabled

Looks like I now have somethin to do on wednesday night. Thanks for the info yellowfever!
Old Aug 28, 2004, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Aug 29, 2004, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by johnnysixer
Looks like I now have somethin to do on wednesday night. Thanks for the info yellowfever!

thanks for coming to Bear mountain last Wednesday Johnnysixer
Old Aug 29, 2004, 11:31 AM
Account Disabled

My pleasure. I'm definitely up for it again any time.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Ttt