Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

i'm moving in 2 weeks, what happens if i don't pay my ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pay the **** and deal with it.

Obviously you messed up. Plain and simple. Being lost is not an excuse to drive head on into traffic. Sorry, but deal with it.

i was lost and didn't realize what i was doing
I'm glad you were stopped when you were. Safety first.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

As I said before, you do not have to pay the ticket. A warrant for your arrest will be issued but it only applies to the state the ticket was issued. As long as you stay out of the state, you are fine.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by keevo54
As I said before, you do not have to pay the ticket. A warrant for your arrest will be issued but it only applies to the state the ticket was issued. As long as you stay out of the state, you are fine.

Hello? And if you apply for a job and they do a background check? Are you stupid or just a carrier?
Old Dec 30, 2005, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by keevo54
also any states "touching" the borders of said state-

I have spent thousands of dollars on tics, and been to trafic school so many times, I could teach it...
Bottom line: without you being there to plea bargin, you pay the full ammount, and agree you were wrong..
Your "lawer" (if you ever wanted to get one) cannot represent you unless you are incarcerated. Of course there are situations where things are different-
Old Dec 30, 2005, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOL 8

Obviously you messed up. Plain and simple. Being lost is not an excuse to drive head on into traffic. Sorry, but deal with it.

you ****ing jackass, you don't even know what happened so don't start **** with me.

it was NOT my fault, it was the city of redmond and their ghetto *** roads. I was lost trying to find the millenium compound and needed to turn around, there was a turn lane ( with a left turn arrow that was faded, but still their ) so I turned into the lane, when I looked up at the light I saw a "no left turn" sign and realized there wasn't a street or parking lot to turn into, then a cop coming the other dirrection flicks her lights on and stops me!

it was SUCH BULL****!
Old Dec 30, 2005, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOL 8
pay the **** and deal with it.

I am going to have to agree with Drew on this one... Not all of us have lived here our whole lives... We don't all know where each and every sign is and where each road leads to... And unless you or the state is going to pay for gas Im not taking the time to either...I was driving through tacoma one night and out of nowhere there is a do not enter - one way only sign halfway down this road... but there was nowhere to turn or to get turned around... so i had to do a u-turn... and that wasn't the first time it happened... i was in Federal Way and the same thing happened to me as Drew... there was a sign that said right turn only and then i turn right and then a little ways down that road is sign that says Do Not Enter... again with nowhere to turn or turn around...how the hell does that work. Because a U-turn is illegal unless appropiately marked...????

If the state would give appropiate warnings for the roadways and actually make there signs visible stuff like this wouldn't happen... Not saying that where I am from we are perfect... But come on don't flame the guy because the city can't appropriately mark their roadways with the proper signs...

Yeah maybe he was in the wrong... and he didn't have the time to go to court because he is moving 2000 miles across country... so I would just have to agree with
Do not let it go. It will either follow your or catch up to you eventually then it will be a lot more. You need to contact the court house and work out a payment plan with them. They're human too and understands. If you can't work out a payment plan then make one up yourself. I.e. send in $100/month for the next 6 months and keep accurate receipt and copy of everything you send. Ignoring it is making it worst.

Last edited by Optimus; Dec 30, 2005 at 09:51 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

i just moved here from bama, with a unpaid 300$ ticket for having flashing tailights that impersonate a emergency vehicle *bullshiet* i might add. so i didnt pay, they are now sending me payment coupons like save 50 bux now if u pay by bla bla bla, fock those asses. btw this was during nopi 2005, im going back in 2006, so now i have to pay them during the summer, but i still contess the ticket, anyways i called the number in the back, they have a warrent out for my arrest, and said i would goto jail if i were caught driving, but they wont go as far as "hunting" me down, she says just send my ticket and payment in before i plan to drive in the state of georgia and ill be fine.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by schumi
damn I would hate to see the speeding fine.

This is why we have overcrowding in jail.
I haven't been anywhere close to jail yet. The cops need to spend more time finding criminals and less time hassling motorists.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 01:22 AM

The whole traffic fine system is garbage anymore. It just amounts to legalized extortion. Regardless of what you did or what the circumstances were, the cop wins every time. I've had a judge tell me that they have to take the officers word over yours, and the cop is just out to make revenue for the city/state/county. They have absolutely no interest in serving the public good anymore. It's all about generating income to replace lost tax revenue or whatever. These cops will ticket you for honest mistakes that don't warrant punishment, or see things that didn't happen(a yellow light turning red when it really hassn't, etc.), just to get a ticket written and justify the 2 hours they spent sitting on the side of road doing nothing. I don't know about you guys, but if I just sat around doing nothing, or watching people going about their business without accomplishing anything waiting for them to screw up somehow, I'd get fired. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with legitimate cops, but traffic cops are the biggest waste of time, and a waste of tax payers money. Did you know that the government actually invests funds to local police departments to focus their attention on ticketing for specific infractions. So cops will drum up false tickets on innocent motorists to justify the funding that pays their own checks. I get a ticket about once a year regularly for barely speeding all by myself on a long lonely road where the only person affected is the cop behind a bush on the side of the road. My last one was a double whammy for doing the previouse posted limit 10 feet past the new speed limit sign(45mph to 35mph), and getting into a left hand turn lane 40 feet before the paint showed due to backed up traffic. My passenger and I had no clue why I was being pulled over when it happened. The judge told me that both things were illegal and hit me with the whole bill. Then the clerk tells me they're doing this to alot of people because a local tax got voted down and they needed to replace the revenue. This crap should be illegal. The best we can do is plead not guilty to everything. That way your fine gets partially swallowed up by court costs and the cop gets pulled off of the street for an afternoon instead of being on the street harrasing some other poor driver. I totally feel for you man. It's been about a year since my last ticket and now I'm scared sh!tless to put my car on the road 'cause the officers that should be there to protect and serve are really just out to get me for whatever they can make up, whether I did anything that could potentially harm someone or not. The messed up thing is that I've had a dozen tickets in about as many years, and I've never hit anybody in my life. But it's great that they are there to charge me money for not causing anybody any harm. How do they sleep at night? If you find yourself running from the long arm of traffic court and need a place to hide out, call me. I'll shelter you in my bomb shelter with a clear conscience.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 03:06 AM
Evolving Member

got it reduced to $94

made the no insurance card a fine of $25 as long as i bring in a copy of my insurance card when i go to pay the ticket

i'm still pissed off, i get another moving violation on my record because the retarded street had a left turn arrow were there is no road :[
Old Dec 31, 2005, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

if the contest by mail doesnt work, you can always go to court for it. they will let you retrial because you were not adequatly given an opportunity to defend yourself. get your butt in court, and odds are it will be reduced. dont get a lawyer because it will be more than the ticket itself
Old Dec 31, 2005, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

i'm moving to philly in 2 weeks i can't get a court date :[
Old Dec 31, 2005, 03:11 PM

If you show up with proof of insurance, it should be flat out dropped.