Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Team///Lancer NW strikes again!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2003, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Team///Lancer NW strikes again!

Well, it's been a hellacious week for me, but things got better as the week went on. I survived class today which consisted of a final exam followed immediately by a final presentation. All told, that's half my grade in one day.

But I got a hold of Cuong today and we chilled all night instead of me following my original plan of coming home and passing out. So what was it that kept me awake? A bit of good news.

We already had talks of having our next big club GTG on the weekend of the Import Life Episode 3 car show here in Portland. Well here's a little extra incentive for all of you to come along, and here's an extra incentive for any more potential club members to see how well Team///Lancer Northwest is doing these days.

How does having our cars entered into the show sound? We won't be entered to compete, but as exhibition cars in our sponsor's booth. How does having that booth right up front where the main entrance sound? How does having our video from Hot Import Nights playing on multiple video screens sound? Think we'll get some decent exposure?

What I need is a list of everyone that can make the event. The show itself is on the 28th, but we need to have all vehicles entering the show on site preferrably by Friday (27th) afternoon, or EARLY (7 am) Saturday morning. Entrance fees will be covered for all participants, and I will relay further specifics when I receive them.

I need to know by the end of next week, Friday the 13th, who will make it to the event for sure. This is going to be a wonderful opportunity for us as a club to be seen, for us to make a good impression with Dick Hannah , who will be in the booth next to HyperREV's, and also for us to have another kick *** meet!

Current club members, potential members that have been to one or more meets, or even newcomers that may make this their first club event, please contact Rick or myself so we can get you on the list. Again, the final list of participants needs to be submitted no later than next Friday.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 12:44 PM

Im down for this at the Portland Expo Center!
Old Jun 8, 2003, 12:24 AM
Evolving Member

yee ha! count me in!, i'll request the time off 'mediately! COOL!!!
Old Jun 8, 2003, 01:10 AM

hopefully i'll have my turbo and wheel put on by then.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I was gonna go camping that weekend, Jon .. but the car show sounds much more entertaining than pee'in on a campfire.

I'm down for attending. However, does it matter if we have any parts from hyperrev as of yet?
Old Jun 9, 2003, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

From what I've been told, it's all good. Just don't bring a wrecked car or anything. They'll supply some graphics also, so nobody will be stock. Plus, we're not getting judged, so it's more of just showing support for HyperREV.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 08:37 PM

ok, a few parts for me should be in this thursday . I'll definitely have them installed before the 27th wooot
Old Jun 10, 2003, 02:53 AM
Evolving Member

sorry i cant make that one. gonna be in canada that weekend
Old Jun 10, 2003, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Damn!!!

We need at least one Evo to make the showing extra nice. Any local Evos wanna join in on the fun? Contact me on AIM or PM me here.
Old Jun 11, 2003, 06:37 PM

Well pending two things to arrive tomorrow and one last thing to pick up. I should definitely have some shiznit all good to go.

Who do we have so far that can make this?

1: ghostrider
2: orangebowl_jad
3: 2003Lancer
4: digdat
5: theory
Old Jun 11, 2003, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

That's all the confirmations I've gotten so far. Anyone else that can make it? I've gotta get final numbers by Friday cuz I'm leaving town!
Old Jun 13, 2003, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Well .. I don't think I am making it to this. I just found out that I will be on the east coast that week .. and I'll be flying BACK on the morning of saturday the 28th ...

If my work didn't pay me so well, I'd be mad. I'm really not happy about this though ... i wanna goto that damn show! My flight plans haven't been finalized yet .. so I may actually be flying back into portland that morning and may be able to attend .. but I dont think i can use my car. I'll know for sure this afternoon my schedule. Sorry guys.
Old Jun 14, 2003, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Ok everyone, the final cutoff date for attendees will be this coming Friday, the 20th.
Old Jun 15, 2003, 09:26 PM

Talking

k i guess i'm in, let's hope i get my wheels by then
Old Jun 15, 2003, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Current list:

1. ghostrider
2. orangebowl_jad
3. 2003lancer
4. theory