Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Bike riders...

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2008, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are two kinds of riders; those that have been down and those that are going down. Get something you can afford to drop or crash and survive.

I know you're going to "advanced class", good for you. And by the way you don't drive a bike you ride it.
Old May 15, 2008, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

lol... i say it my dream motorcycle.. but im afraid to ride.. never had ride.. i rode in 250cc dirt bikes and 450cc too.. but motorcycle as death.. i seen alot dumbass driver that didnt see spot of motorcycle then hit them.. possible injury or paraplyzer or even death...

Im not go 35R im going 3076 HTA ETS snice evo will be time attack.. im try start my own business nnext year... work on custom Hot rods, muscle car, classic and Imports.. like paint jobs, Metal fab, dyno (dynojet awd ftw!), engine works, body work.. in new shop 4000sq ft..

i might do more Mitsubishi n dsm surround. and i knowledge of chevy (GM family).. yes i still shootin for Duramax truck 2500hd for tow evo time attack or racing.. also i have 1970 Nova.. im try start build drag nova with LSX block and twin turbo build by me and my Dad.. try start project next year.. im suprised my dad is very supportive of my Evo racing season.. he was suprised that i ran near 12 sec..

im still shoootin 11s or lower!

(sorry jack up thread)

i do want motorcycle but it big risk factor
Old May 15, 2008, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^What your dad say after you told him the car broke running 12's. He didn't say something like: our muscle cars don't have those transfer case thingys and we run 10's boy. Damn cracker jack toys anyways

Oh yea this thread was about bikes. Get the Kawi 250R. Nice bike for the $$$. Although 300lbs and 6'5 may not look right on it.
Old May 15, 2008, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

well... my dad more muscle gear head.. but he admit that my evo is faster.. snice he borrow my evo few time and show off at his co worker at his work.. lol

he didnt think AWD will go faster like Paul.. John shepeard.. Jake monterony
Old May 15, 2008, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SickSilverNLow
I recommend a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. It looks great, it fast and its a great bike. The cost out the door is $3900.

08' is a piece of junk! My buddy just got rid of his after having a new water pump put in after 3000 miles. Cheaply assembled in Thailand and just not worth it. On a side note, good luck getting one from a dealer. They are all spoken for and the waiting list is super long. I would suggest an older F4i CBR. It's not the coolest looking sport bike but its a 600cc and its fuel injected(less finicky).You can find em fairly cheap and if you lay it down, so be it.

If all else fails Jake, get what you like. You're opening a can of worms asking for opinions. I have an 06' gsxr600 and I couldn't be happier. I have also been riding for a very long time. Everything from street to dirt.

Anyway! Good luck and be safe with whatever you get.....
Old May 16, 2008, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xturdfergusonx
08' is a piece of junk! My buddy just got rid of his after having a new water pump put in after 3000 miles. Cheaply assembled in Thailand and just not worth it. On a side note, good luck getting one from a dealer. They are all spoken for and the waiting list is super long. I would suggest an older F4i CBR. It's not the coolest looking sport bike but its a 600cc and its fuel injected(less finicky).You can find em fairly cheap and if you lay it down, so be it.

If all else fails Jake, get what you like. You're opening a can of worms asking for opinions. I have an 06' gsxr600 and I couldn't be happier. I have also been riding for a very long time. Everything from street to dirt.

Thanks bud I appericate it.
Old May 16, 2008, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

yeah go for a cbr f4i, i just bought one and its a good solid bike. i had a gsxr 600 when i was younger and it was to common so i got rid of it. i might be selling my cbr f4i in a month to pick up a yamaha r6. just don't jump on a bike and think you can do all kinds of stuff like anything it comes with time. i've laid down two bikes, first i was being a dumbass and the second a lady pulled out in front of me and couldnt see my bright red ducati. the ninja 250's are good bikes but someone of your build might something a little bigger, suzuki makes a gs 550 thats a mini gsxr sort of. great bikes and fairly cheap, you should be able to pick up a 02 for like 2800. let me know what you get and ill ride with you...i usually stay off the highway as much as possible...i have more fun on windy roads.
Old May 16, 2008, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

I would honestly recommend a 600 at largest, you can always upgrade later on if you would like. The 600's of these days are putting out what the 750's did just a couple of years ago. Riding motorcycles is not a forgiving sport or hobby one error and that could spell disaster. Invest in GOOD gear, at minimum a good brain bucket Shoei, Arai, leather jacket,gloves and over the ankle boots. I prefer a 1 piece suit, because like someone else said, its not if the spill will happen it is just when. Good things about bikes they hold a good value for the most part. I am a fan of the gsxr family as I have had 4 thus far Been riding for 10 plus year many many road racing events under my belt
Old May 16, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xturdfergusonx

my brother just got a 250R and he has had awesome luck with it. I know a bunch of guys around here has no problems with it. I personally was gonna get one cause it would be a great cheap fun ride to have around. My friend and my brother loves theirs and no problem with the pump what so ever! I had a gixxer 600 and they are great but i am everyone has them....too common.

To the OP, i did not know you are a bigger guy but a 250R is too small for you but a 600 is too big of power for a beginner rider. Try to get someone who will let you ride a 600 and see how you feel on it. Goodluck.
Old May 16, 2008, 04:16 PM

stick w/ a 600 - plenty of power - 1000s just get people killed - it's too much...unless you get a vtwin, in which case, a 1000 is just right.
Old May 16, 2008, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Will a big guy like me be (fit) okay on a 600?
Old May 16, 2008, 11:18 PM
8u
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by importjake00
Will a big guy like me be (fit) okay on a 600?
Lol thats the only thing... you're gonna look like a monster on the bike. My buddy's 6'3'' about 270lbs he looks huge on a CBR-600. Big boys look good on big bikes... Hayabusa (death machine...avg life expectancy of 6 months) .. Kawasaki ZX-14 (Suicide) or a big cruiser. Since you're a new rider get a feel for some of the 600's .. take a buddy's out for a ride? See how you like it.. go from there. At the end of the day its your choice.
Old May 16, 2008, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 8u
Lol thats the only thing... you're gonna look like a monster on the bike. My buddy's 6'3'' about 270lbs he looks huge on a CBR-600. Big boys look good on big bikes... Hayabusa (death machine...avg life expectancy of 6 months) .. Kawasaki ZX-14 (Suicide) or a big cruiser. Since you're a new rider get a feel for some of the 600's .. take a buddy's out for a ride? See how you like it.. go from there. At the end of the day its your choice.
Yeah, I have rode a 750 and a 1000, the 1000 was a little to fast for me. But I did look good on it .. I will try a 600, and see if i dont look like a oger on it. thanks for all the input!
Old May 20, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
750 GSX-R, best bike there is for street riding IMHO.

Aprilla's and Ducs are $25k+ bikes FYI
Old May 20, 2008, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

yamaha YZF-R6 maybe? lol that's the bike imma get when i get some money. i'm tired of paying for gas..