Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Anyone know good lawyers in the Spokane area?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's all great info, guys (Spokane seems like the place to get tix) but there is the whole idea of taking an entire day off to go to this court date for wsh.

I do have a hard time believing that they have continued to let you off for such aggressive driving for 25 times in 8 years. I have tickets well into the double digits but over a much larger span and a much larger geographical area. However, 90% of them were when I used a lawyer and they were thrown out. I've never gotten a ticket in Spokane though, so I have zero context.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yahu they honestly dont care aslong as you pay them $$. they could careless what goes on ur record. Id post mine but im sure its some sort of rule. lol i have probably paid over 10k for my stupid driving
Old Sep 25, 2009, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

That is crazy, and more proof that they aren't worried about your speed as long as you give them money.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by k20toEVO
ok ok, take it from a pro here.

I have about 25 tickets on my record in spokane, from 16-24 years old. hehe

Send the ticket in, Contested. You will get a court date, SHOW UP, and the judge will ask you 3 questions.

*Do you want to plead guilty, and mitigate (reduce fine amount)
*Contest the offense (you NEVER win)
*Speak to the City procescutor (YES YES YOU DO)

What will happen is that you will pay a fine, but you tell them "I dont mind paying a fee I wish to have it changed to a NON moving violation"

They say, "Well based on your record we can do that. hows expired tabs sound?"

Sounds good to me! $101 Fine. This was just two weeks ago for a 95 in a 60

Thanks for all the input. So youre saying I should show up and ask to speak to the City prosecutor and then what? That same day or...? Just trying to clarify for myself? It was in Spokane County. He was sitting in between two berms and I had just accelerated for whatever reason from 75-80 and it was slight up hill...Just dont want it on my record for 3 years...
Old Sep 25, 2009, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wshihdnevo
Thanks for all the input. So youre saying I should show up and ask to speak to the City prosecutor and then what? That same day or...? Just trying to clarify for myself? It was in Spokane County. He was sitting in between two berms and I had just accelerated for whatever reason from 75-80 and it was slight up hill...Just dont want it on my record for 3 years...
You contest it, they give you the court date. You show up at the court date, and the Judge tells everybody in the room how it goes. He gives the 3 options (Contest, mitigate, and usually speak to the prosecuting attorney) and then they figure out who is in what group. You can request to speak to the prosecuting attorney (they usually show up a couple minutes before the judge calls the court to session) and tell him you just don't want it to go on your record and what options you have to prevent that.

Spokane IS NOT the place to speed. They have too many cops for the population and they are seriously bored. Once I get east of the cascades I stick to 7 over unless I'm feeling squirrelly. They will pull you over for the dumbest things. I had a cop heading EB on 90 go through the dirt in the divided highway and chase me down WB on 395 right by Ritz because I had no front plate. I wasn't speeding or anything else, just no front plate. Which was followed by a vehicle inspection on the side of the road because I also had aftermarket exhaust.

Good luck on the deferment/ammending of your ticket.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

^I think I know exactly where that is. They love to sit there!
Old Sep 25, 2009, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

I never speed through Hellsburg, Moses Hole, Sh*tzville, and Spokompton....
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea, same DAY. dont sweat it bro. just tell him you didnt know why, you thought you had crusie control set.