Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

I had a meeting with the 'Enemy' regarding the Korum issue

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2003, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a meeting with the 'Enemy' regarding the Korum issue

All right so heres the deal. I actually went to Korum tonight to truthfully do a little snooping. turns out our man Jeff was there and i got to sit down with him for quite a while. It was interesting to hear what he had to say and I must admit I was kind of won over by what he had to say.

First of all, I understand that we have all had bad experiences but I want to say that we cant always atribute them to the dealership. NOT that I am sticking up for the Korum boys but I think some mistakes were made and they want to make good on them. Who knows maybe we were jsut there on bad days, I mean we all have them.

Second, after talking with Jon tonight, he said something that really made sense. Why cant we just treat this as a fresh start to the whole situation? Jeff also asked me to ask anyone of you who have had a problem, ANY problem with Korum regarless of what department it happened in, to please call him or go in and talk to him. And besides, it's not like we are doing anything for them in particular, it just so happens that they are having teh event at thier place.

Third, I want to say my position on this whole event is the fact that I'm not doing this for anything but the fact that they will pay us $$$$$$$750$$$$$$ dollars just for SHOWING UP FOR A FEW HOURS!!!!!!! I'm going to feel them out see what they do and if they follow through on this. From there i will see how much i want to buy into the Korum deal.

Fourth, I want to tell you that even though some of the things Jeff and I discussed tonight would be AMAZING for TLNW. Everything from possible sponsorships to advertising and everything in between. I think we since we want to have a GTG anyway we should try this out and get paid $$$$$$$$750$$$$$$$$$$dollars for this.

Last, I think all the slamming going on in this thread is getting a little out of hand. Let's put off the specific slams for a while because it only makes TLNW and Evolutionm.net bad.

Maybe I'm being preachy but I think we should give this a chance. I want to reiterate that I am NOT sticking up for Jeff or Korum Mitsubishi, nor do I condone the wrongs that might have been done, but I do think we should give him a shot.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

Okay, after, reading this post i sound like a Korum ***** who can't spell. oh well at least i got my point across.

lol lol
Old Oct 18, 2003, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

I agree w/ Dustin that at the very least we should have as much of an unbiased discussion regarding Korum and whether or not we should participate in the show.

Honestly, I do feel that we can start on a fresh slate here and now at the show and build from there. Let's get paperwork drawn up and let's get signatures on the bottom. Once the show is said and done and once the funds are in the TLNW account, let's evaluate then. I hate for us to waste an opportunity based only on past experiences. Like Dustin said, we've all had bad experiences before.
Old Oct 18, 2003, 05:38 PM
Pure Win

I agree. And its 750 bucks that we can use to get this club up and running