Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Crashed my evo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2010, 03:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I am super mad... I was at the doctors office today (well yesterday i guess now) and the adjuster called for the first time to explain how everything was going to go down, but I said i was at the doctor and asked him to call maybe 20 mins later, he said no they do not schedule call backs and he will call me Tuesday and then that was it.... Problem is i need a god damn car until this gets taken care of... so I called progressive back and all they will say is that the only person who can approve a rental is the adjuster who wont be back in office till Tuesday.... they say i can rent my own car and APPLY for reimbursement... thats ****ing bull **** i know they will just try to say that my car was drivable and not reimburse it.... im not liking how this is starting to go down.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drocksmash
Now I am super mad... I was at the doctors office today (well yesterday i guess now) and the adjuster called for the first time to explain how everything was going to go down, but I said i was at the doctor and asked him to call maybe 20 mins later, he said no they do not schedule call backs and he will call me Tuesday and then that was it.... Problem is i need a god damn car until this gets taken care of... so I called progressive back and all they will say is that the only person who can approve a rental is the adjuster who wont be back in office till Tuesday.... they say i can rent my own car and APPLY for reimbursement... thats ****ing bull **** i know they will just try to say that my car was drivable and not reimburse it.... im not liking how this is starting to go down.
How old are you, because you can't rent a car unless you're 25 or older, and due to that, you wont be reimbursed if you have someone else rent it for you.

Another thing that someone should have mentioned the day it happened, take as many pictures as you can of your car (too late to get the other persons). Get as much detail regarding the accident in there, and keep a record of all the driving you do between the accident day and the day the adjuster comes to look at it.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear all this, Derek. I would be fuggin' pissed! Hopefully things are good in the end, and don't settle on things if you aren't happy. Sounds like Progressive sucks *****.

BTW - not sure if this will do anything for you, but I'd want to talk to that asshat's manager. Not being able to call back when you're at a Dr.'s appointment? WTF?!
Old Sep 5, 2010, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^this...

remember that you are in the driver's seat in this (so-to-speak) They will try to push you around and get you to take whatever they offer you. Remember that it is just that, an offer. They will see how little they can pay out for the accident. Good luck. Definitely if you are not getting taken care of by the guy who's talking to you, then go up his management chain.

Let me know if you want to take the axle back portion of the exhaust off to be able to drive it.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by F0RSAKEN
How old are you, because you can't rent a car unless you're 25 or older, and due to that, you wont be reimbursed if you have someone else rent it for you.

Another thing that someone should have mentioned the day it happened, take as many pictures as you can of your car (too late to get the other persons). Get as much detail regarding the accident in there, and keep a record of all the driving you do between the accident day and the day the adjuster comes to look at it.

thats not true my 08 f350 got totaled by a drunk driver head on collision.. and insurance worked to get me a rental car from enterprise whatever car they had i could get and rent till it was settled no question asked and im 18.... and as of now i do have a jeep commander i have from them ...

sorry just re read and ya thats bs put in a complain thats not a good insurence company they need to do what they can and to take care of you first...

Last edited by evo9ben; Sep 5, 2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 01:29 PM
Former Sponsor

sucks bro, goodluck with everything
Old Sep 5, 2010, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Call these guys;

Washington State Office office of the Insurance Commisioner

they have a free Insurance Consumer Hotline.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyTSi
Call these guys;

Washington State Office office of the Insurance Commisioner

they have a free Insurance Consumer Hotline.
i did that with my last insurence accident wow they worked so fast after that +1 go for it
Old Sep 5, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by F0RSAKEN

I am 21, I didnt know about having to be 25... Ill call my insurance and look into that.

Also, What exactly does that insurance commissioners phone number do? What info will I need to provide them with?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

I am 21, I didnt know about having to be 25... Ill call my insurance and look into that.

Also, What exactly does that insurance commissioners phone number do? What info will I need to provide them with?
evo9ben said he got one at 18, so I dunno. I know you can't rent a car till 25, and my gf couldn't get a car due to the age thing.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 02:33 AM
Evolved Member

^that is true for regular renting. Maybe not for something like this? How old is Tyler? VTR gave him a rental.

*edit - doh!

Last edited by yahu; Sep 8, 2010 at 01:57 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 02:55 AM
Evolving Member

who is keenan?

Also i was thinking... even if it does get totalled out... I would need at LEAST 22500 just to come out even... 20k for the car, 2k for taxes, 500 for tint/alm system... Seriously I am going to cry if there is major damage.. the pictures really dont do it justice ... i have been in many collisions and rear ended at 20mph by a big work truck and it was nothing compared to how she hit me...

anyone care to donate? lol jk

I will also be calling my insurance tuesday (damn holiday) and see if they will give me a rental, im 94% sure I have that included in my policy
Old Sep 6, 2010, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dont know if you guys saw it in the general post... But today I got rear ended and im really mad...

I got hit at about 25 mph and my bumper is smashed and my exhaust is kinked like a V ...

no baker run for me (probably was going to be able to go anyways)

Time to find a painted JDM bumper and a new exhaust... although I wonder if they will just try to replace the broken part...

Also is it possible my turbo/engine area got messed up as well? Since the exhaust connects up there and it obviously got smashed pretty hard...

There is a terrible noise I fear is related to the drive train... i need to find a shop to take it too, any ideas?

You should also consider the possibility of frame damage, rear suspension damage as well and front suspension damage as well. You should have the alignment done as well once everything else on the car is fixed.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also reccomend going with State Farm thats who I use and they have never done me wrong. If your claims adjuster isn't around they have others who are still able to talk and are willing to help you with whatever your needs may be. And your claims adjuster should have given you a cell number to get a hold of them and should have been more willing to explain the details with you after all that is their job to take care of the customer and not blow them off.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

Update.

Talked to the insurance adjuster today... He was nice and im guessing I judged him a little to early when he called and I was at the doctors office. He had me do a recorded statement of what happened, and seemed like he was more than happy to give me a rental, however, he has not talked to the girl that was driving yet and says they can not accept liability/guilt until they talk to her. Her dad called the night of the collision to report the accident, and she did not answer the call placed to her. He said he will try and talk to her tomorrow.

I explained everything that happened to him, and thanks to MMMMBoost I got a lot of good advice. If anyone cares to check out my facebook there is a picture of trunk damage inside the spare wheel well. I took the carpet up and didnt see anything wrong, but mmmboost asked me to check again, this time I pulled the tire up and sure enough there is a 3 inchX6inch dent in.

The adjuster said they will set up a tow, have it taken to a shop and within 48 hours will have an estimate completed and repairs started. I explained that I dont want all OEM parts installed... he said I need to work this out with the estimator...I didnt like the sound of it, so I will need to make sure that not a SINGLE repair is made until we figure out how to do it.

tonight I will be researching which exhaust to get, and where to get the JDM bumper. someone posted a link in this thread or another, not sure.

Also he told me it is my job to find proof of 'Loss of value' (loss in value due to collision) so if i can prove that this accident will be a negative mark on the carfax and cause me to have to resell it for less i can get some cash on that end.

Few questions I will research, if you are bored enough to give your input it will be appreciated.
I learned today that the stock crashbeam wont fit with a JDM bumper, how do i get the shop to bypass this without buying the JDM fitted one? Or do i just drive it home with no bumper and put it on myself?

and of course any awesome exhausts I should check ?
Thanks guys

Quick Reply: Crashed my evo