Notices
Mitsubishi Vehicles (Airtrek / Outlander) Use this forum to discuss any other types of Mitsu/DSM vehicles, past and present

Warm-up engine RPM.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2021, 05:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Warm-up engine RPM.

I park my car overnight in the underground garage. And when I come in the morning the car is cold (+10 in the garage). I start it on and the engine rpm goes up to 1500 and goes down very slowly. The owner of the garage swears that I have been heating the car for a very long time. And it seems to me that this is a lot for a temperature of +10 Celsius.
I tried to change the maps I found, but it had no effect.
Can someone tell me how to do this? probably it is possible?
The maps adress that I fixed below are attached :
Map1 #57CCA
Map2 #57CD6
Early thanks !

Old Nov 29, 2021, 08:25 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
You need to adjust the idle speed control valve initial step / position by temperature map. Also depending on your year and model you may have a mechanical high idle valve.
The following users liked this post:
axiscom (Nov 29, 2021)
Old Nov 29, 2021, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
You need to adjust the idle speed control valve initial step / position by temperature map. Also depending on your year and model you may have a mechanical high idle valve.
Thank you good man. That is, it is not done in the table? I was looking for an example on the forum, I did not find it. I have an outlander XL car. I used 2012 Outlander Sport (ASX) charts as an example. I have not found other examples.
Outlander Sport table.
Spoiler

Thank you again, this is an actual problem for me.

Last edited by axiscom; Nov 29, 2021 at 10:15 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 10:41 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
The target Idle speed is what the ECU will attempt to achieve/maintain, but if the initial parameters are not optimal, the ecu will have to perform iterative adjustment cycles to find the correct idle speed control valve position for the desired target. What you want to do is adjust the initial I.S.C.V. position so that the ECU doesn't have to really do anything because it already starts with the correct position for the desired Idle RPM. I don't think your XML contains the proper tables to set this up, or they are mislabeled. In my XML they are labeld as "ISC Target Position", there are several based on the A/C being on or off.

P.S. My knowledge mostly involves older stuff. Since you have a 2012 it could be Drive By wire and the tables concerning Idle control might be different. There should still be some kind of initial position based on coolant temp and perhaps other parameters for you to adjust.