Notices

Transmission Service Required at 12,300 miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2013, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission Service Required at 12,300 miles

First of all, i apologize if i post a new thread for this. I tried to look if there's a similar one but cant find it.

Did anyone had this issue before? I only have 12300 miles, the engine is in high rpm's when I'm driving and the engine is loud. My OS doesnt drive like this before.

Called the Mitsubishi Service in Anaheim CA and was told if I can bring it on Monday. He said he hates to accept it on Friday and then the car will be sitting there over the weekend because he needs to order parts etc... I told him, is it safe to drive? That's the time he told me to bring it in today (Friday) so they can check it out. What a moron.

If anyone can give me an idea of the problem and if it is under warranty, i would greatly appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails Transmission Service Required at 12,300 miles-20131213_053952.jpg  
Old Dec 13, 2013, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Well Im gonna guess since it is a 2013 with 12K miles that its def under warranty.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jay10Ralliart
Well Im gonna guess since it is a 2013 with 12K miles that its def under warranty.
That's what I thought too. i just hope the dealer wouldnt say it is a regular maintenance thing and i have to pay for it. I know transmission oil should be replaced after 60,00 miles, but I'm not sure.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I haven't had this issue with my 2013 and im almost at 30k.....
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Im at the dealer now and waiting for the result..
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Hmm.. That is very odd.

So, I'm wondering > Have you looked at your CVT cooler in the lower driver-side fog area?
Perhaps there's damage to that cooler from road debris... Might want to take a look.

Or, it could simply be clogged with leaves.

Keep us posted.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 12:29 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
If my brand new car said "transmission service" I would have parked it and called roadside assistance.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002
If my brand new car said "transmission service" I would have parked it and called roadside assistance.
Alright... Just make sure they don't send out this fella to tow your vehicle.

Old Dec 13, 2013, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Done with the dealer, no sign of anything. "Service engine soon" sign is gone and the "transmission service required" too.... The service guy said it might be my passport max radar detector which is where the immobilizer is getting signal from, or when i have my key in my pocket together with my cellphone which is causing the signs. I was advised to turn off my radar detector but hell no.. Dont think that was causing the problem.

I just remembered that the signs started to show up when I installed the LED strips on the headlights last night. I tap the negative to the ground and tap the positive inside the Fuse box. I removed the LED strips wirings before i took the OS to the dealer and then when i got home, I tap them again. Both signs showed up again. Removed it and the Transmission Service Required was gone but the Service Engine Soon stays. I have to remove the negative terminal of the battery so the Service Engine Sign goes away.. I will let you know if that's the main cause of the problem after driving it for couple of miles......
Old Dec 13, 2013, 04:09 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm leaving my negative disconnected overnight to see if it rids my airbag and engine service light
Old Dec 14, 2013, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

So far, my OS is running fine like before.... I think it is the wiring for my PED strips that causes the problem...
Old Dec 17, 2013, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

^
I'll have to confess..
After I did my headlight LED strip prototype, I never got around to installing it permanently.

I'm one of those folks that hate to rush into something new... without fully testing it out, even on seemingly super simple MODs.

Hate to see that it was those LEDs that's causing such errors/headaches to our CEL/ESCs for you guys. But, sort of glad I didn't jump head first into that DIY.

> My wife would have been very upset/unhappy - to have a brand new SUV - with supposed "engine warnings"/Transmission CELs showing up on the dash cluster etc...
Old Feb 7, 2015, 08:40 AM

Transmission Service Required for a new 2 week old 2015 mitsubishi outlander

Hi Guys
Has anyone has faced this situation earlier. I recently bought a new 2015 mitsubishi outlander 2 weeks ago. The service engine soon light just popped up and the signal says Transmission Service Required. When i got this I had around 700 miles on it.

I have brought the car to the dealership for them to have a look. Is this something usual coz I am really worried. This is my first mitsubishi and i had driven a nissan before. the car is in warranty so i am sure i wont be paying anything but what if tgey repair and hand me the car. Problem with the engine right in the first month makes me really worried with whats coming next.

Any advise will be highly appreciated...
Old Apr 19, 2020, 06:55 AM

I have the same problem

I have a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2,016 Now it has 98,000 Miles, it has never given me problems, until now it showed me this notice Transmission Service Required.
I was scared and I turned it off, then I turned it back on and it disappeared, they say that at 60,000 he has the transmission checked and his oil changed, but I did not do it, I hope it is not a bad thing, the vehicle handles well , it does not have any strange sound and it drives well, tomorrow I will take it to the mechanic, since today is Sunday