[How-To] Door Panel Removal : Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) - Page 2 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices

[How-To] Door Panel Removal : Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR)

Old Apr 4, 2018, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by AWCAWD View Post
Hi and welcome to our forum!
Since you have not received an answer that would give you the exact answer I am suggesting some experimentation. You want to do something that has not been done so far, hence some creative experimentation might be necessary.
Here are my suggestions/comments:
1. You did not specify, where the pictured bunch of wires are exactly located but I suspect you can eliminate a few wires by looking into the mirror cables only. I am attaching the image of the wiring harness of a NON-foldable mirror that has integrated turn signal (taken from an ebay ad) and another from two conventional (from my own RVR/OS and from a generation II Outlander) nonfoldable mirrors. As you can see the wiring is conservative between the OS and the Outlander as judged by the color coding and the pin layout and the folding mechanism + integrated turn signal adds only two additional new wires. This means that the harness must have a common ground and your + wire for the turn signal is either the purple one or the black with white stripe.
2. I would use two small sewing needles and would probe subsequently the purple and the black/white wire using a multimeter and probe the other five wires with the other needle while turning on and off the turn signal. My guess is that one of the solid black wires would be your ground.
3. I suspect you already have a back-up camera. You will have to set a switch to select the image in case the car is in reverse and your right turn signal is on simultaneously.
Good luck and good experimentation.
CORRECTION! My image labeling below is incorrect. The harness shown right below belongs to a non-foldable mirror with integrated turn signals. This does not change the recommended experimentation but rather helps to eliminate the wires that control the folding.
Thank you so much for the guidance- much appreciated.

1. the photo shows the 9 wires going into the side-view mirror from inside the car.
2. In fact, I did use a multimeter to identify the hot wire while grounded the negative pole to the body of my car, and it is the white wire, and the only wire that provides a voltage from 3 to 12V while the right turn signal turned on. However, after connecting the camera with a wireless transmitter, the camera is not powered up although the transmitter's led indicator flash at the same frequency as the car's right turn signal. Note that, the connection is that, hot wire of the camera connected to the white wire, and the negative/ground is connected to a bolt on the body of the car. Not sure how to identify the ground wire among the 9 wires, not sure what will happen if I connect the negative wire of the camera to the real ground wire (one of the 9 wires)?

Years ago, I used similar procedure successfully installed a back-up camera on my Honda Pilot; I guess, for this recent experiment, I identified the correct hot wire for the right turn signal, but the wiring in this 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander GT must be different from the old 2005 Honda Pilot.

Any other suggestions?

Much appreciated!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

I understand. I should have known that at the turn signals you will not get a steady 12 V, what you need to operate your camera. My suggestion is to tap into the wires right after the combination turn signal switch at the steering column or anywhere before the relay.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Paddle shifter install for few bucks (plus few hours of time)

This post has been moved to
What did you do to/for your OS/RVR today? as post #906.
I apologize for posting it to the incorrect thread

Last edited by AWCAWD; Oct 11, 2018 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Post moved to its proper thread
Old Oct 10, 2018, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

I apologize for somehow posting the above post in the wrong thread. I meant to add this to the
What did you do to your OS
section.
It turned out that I scrolled down too far in the What did you do...... section and this relevant thread was offered by my browser which I have not noted and posted it here instead in the correct palace. Sorry again for my mistake. If the Admins cannot move it I will when I have more time for uploading the images again.

Last edited by AWCAWD; Oct 11, 2018 at 06:11 AM.