Notices

Interior Plastic Covers in the trunk area

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2014, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior Plastic Covers in the trunk area

Its been a while since I have been here. I spent the last week adding soundproofing on the trunk floor after I removed the spare tire and everything else I could. There is nothing but sheet metal! No wonder there is alot of road noise. Anyway I covered the entire floor but I want to do the wheel wells as well but I cant figure out how to remove the plastic interior covers. Its pretty rigid and doesn't seem to flex so I am not sure if there are screws anywhere.

Anyone ever do this to the trunk plastic covers over the wheels or know where there is info on it? Do I have to purchase the repair manual to figure out how to do it?

Any help greatly appreciated!

And the sound proofing just on the floor area definately helped with noise, I can only imagine if I could get at the rest of the sheet metal.

Cheers!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't actually take them off, but I noticed the screws while trying to figure out where to run my rear view camera wires. I attempted to unscrew one but they're pretty soft headed screws and didn't have the correct size screwdriver with me, so I opted for not stripping them

You know the tie down holders in the trunk? They hide the screws I'll add some pics when I get home from work tonight.

Edit:

Right Side:

Left Side:

Close Up of the Tie Down Holders/Screws:

Last edited by Gatsby; Aug 13, 2014 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Added Pics