Notices

short throw shifter and other chassis mods

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb short throw shifter and other chassis mods

OK, so I've had my outlander sport es for almost 2 years now and I'm surprised how much I love it. I didnt necessarily want it. But it was the only thing on the lot with a 5 speed so I settled. After the test drive I was sold but hate the size of the shifter. Its way too big. Its the only thing on the car (other than the crazy amount of body roll) that reminded me of the ford ranger I traded it for. So after a while of searching for an aftermarket shifter or any other suspension mods with no luck I decided to give it a year to save up some cash and let the companies make something good. So here I am, on the search again. I've come across the rrm tie bars and lowering springs and think I might order that. But still the first thing I want to buy is a sort throw shifter. Nobody seams to make one for us. So I was wondering if anybody has come across one or if the lancer one will work too. (sence the older models shared one withe the eclipse) And also what would be some good struts to pair with the springs. Will the lancer chassis supports bolt up? Will they even be worth the money scene there is a few hundred lb weight difference?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 09:13 PM

So I just came across the kido coil over kit. A bit pricey but just what I was looking for. Still anybody know of any other manufactures that make suspension parts? I wanna shop around a bit before I make a purchase. But like I said before. I need to buy that short throw shifter first.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
eibach.com makes suspension parts.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 08:43 PM

Lancer short throw should work.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 06:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I agree, the shifter knob is too big and I even have ape hands. I've been looking for one similar to this:

I'll only buy a screw on type, not the allen key crap, we need an M10X1.25 thread. I just haven't be able to bring myself to spend around $80 for this yet and aliexpress.com doesn't seem to have one in this thread pattern yet.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkRVR5spd
I agree, the shifter knob is too big and I even have ape hands. I've been looking for one similar to this:

I'll only buy a screw on type, not the allen key crap, we need an M10X1.25 thread. I just haven't be able to bring myself to spend around $80 for this yet and aliexpress.com doesn't seem to have one in this thread pattern yet.

there's a bunch on Fleabay ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M10-X-1-25-THREAD-5-SPEED-MANUAL-TRANSMISSION-BLK-SHIFT-SHIFTER-KNOB-FOR-NISSAN-/190745503535?hash=item2c6951672f&vxp=mtr
i would recommend the purple brass knuckles, or perhaps the Frankenstein head shift knobs.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I'd find a CNC metal shop and have one custom made. Get it anodized in the colour of your choice. A buddy in California made me some really cool one-off items for my boat. Really not that costly.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

bumping this up, what year lancer short shifter works with the outlander sport?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 01:10 PM

I was thinking the same thing about the lancer short shifter kit, and suspension wise, i think kido coilovers would be the only option if you wanna lower it more than an inch in a half, the eibach and h&r springs only lower 1 inch or 1.3 inches
Old Jan 28, 2016, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by asxpr55
I was thinking the same thing about the lancer short shifter kit, and suspension wise, i think kido coilovers would be the only option if you wanna lower it more than an inch in a half, the eibach and h&r springs only lower 1 inch or 1.3 inches
I would assume the 08+ lancer kits would work. I've owned an 08+ lancer and the 09+ Ralliart. The OS is similar to the lancer. I posted an "aftermarket suspension" thread with pretty much every suspension/chassis option available for the OS. And for coilovers it's in the thread but kido is not the only company, there's also Cusco as well.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 02:52 PM

Im unfortunately gonna probably cut my springs, not alot, just like 2 inches in the front and 1 in the back, i have a few friends that have cut springs on their Hondas and have had no problems
Old Jan 28, 2016, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
I would just save up for the coilovers. That's the next thing on my list.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
@fluxcapacitor @OurslanderSport

I cut about 4 inches out of the stock shifter and rewelded it back. The lance shifter is the wrong pattern. I also purchased a custom shift Ralliart knob from a Turkish Company on ebay

If you purchase a spare lever I would weld it for you for FREE (you cover shipping both ways)! Then you will have no down time. Best modification I have done for my ASX!!!

This offer is open to any OS/ASX/RVR manual transmission member!

OG Donkey D!(k 2

Evo X SS Even Gears

Shorten-ed Stock vs Evo 10
Old Dec 28, 2022, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Any takers?
Old Mar 27, 2023, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone have a oem shifter for an outlander sport or know the part #?